|“||Closer to the flower, closer to the thorns.||„|
Longing to take control of her fate, the ancient, dying plant Zyra transferred her consciousness into a human body for a second chance at life. Centuries ago, she and her kind dominated the Kumungu Jungle, using thorns and vines to consume any animal that set foot in their territory. As the years passed, the animal population steadily died off. Food became increasingly scarce, and Zyra could only stand by helplessly as the last of her kin withered away. She thought she would perish alone, until the appearance of an unwary sorceress presented her with an opportunity for salvation.
It was the first time in years Zyra had sensed a creature wander so close. Hunger drew her to the sorceress, but some other, deeper instinct compelled her. She enveloped the woman in thorns with ease, but as she savored this final meal, foreign memories invaded her thoughts. She saw great jungles of metal and stone where humans and animals thrived. Potent magic surged through her vines, and she devised an elegant but risky plan to survive. Using the woman’s memories, Zyra poured her newfound magic into the creation of a human-shaped vessel. She didn’t know what sort of world awaited her, but she had nothing left to lose. When Zyra opened her eyes, she was overwhelmed by the raw power ready at her fingertips. It wasn’t until she noticed the shriveled remains of the plant she once was that she realized how vulnerable she had become. If this body died, there would be no network of vines to retreat through, no roots to regrow her...but she felt truly alive. She beheld the world for the first time as animals did, and a dark smile crept across her lips. She was reborn, and there was so much now within her grasp.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Zyra, Rise of the Thorns
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Appears to be physically in her 30s)
Classification: Human/Stranglethorn Amalgamation
Lifting Strength: Unknown, likely at least Class 50 with plant manipulation
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: At least several meters with nature magic/plant manipulation, likely higher
Standard Equipment: Seeds, Thorn Spitters, Vine Lashers
Intelligence: Above average (Has all the memories and knowledge of the sorceress she possessed)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, her spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Zyra fires a living magic thorn at the opponent, dealing physical damage.
- Garden of Thorns: Zyra spawns seeds nearby every few seconds, occasionally spawning two at once. Seeds spawned by Garden of Thorns do not grant vision. Seeds prefer spawning in brush and cannot spawn too close together, and the timer on her next seed wait if Zyra is concealed within a brush and there is no room for additional seeds. Zyra can only have 8 seeds planted at a time, which last for 30 seconds. Casting Deadly Spines or Grasping Roots causes nearby seeds to bloom into plants, which last for 7.5 seconds and deal magic damage per attack. Plants beyond the first attacking a single target deal only 50% damage.
- Rise of the Thorns: Upon taking fatal damage, Zyra returns to her plant form for up to 8 seconds, becoming untargetable. She cannot cast any of her standard abilities while in this state, but can cast Vengeful Thorn using any learned ability after 2 seconds.
- Vengeful Thorn: Active: Zyra fires a single piercing thorn in the direction of the cursor, dealing true damage to every enemy it passes through.
- Deadly Bloom: Zyra sprouts thorns at the target location after a 0.625-second delay, dealing magic damage to enemies within the area.
- Rampant Growth: If Deadly Bloom hits a seed, a Thorn Spitter grows and lasts for up to 10 seconds, attacking the nearest enemy with long-ranged attacks.
- Rampant Growth: Zyra plants a seed at the target location for 30 seconds, granting sight of a small area around it. Up to 4 seeds can be planted at a time, and planting an additional seed destroys the oldest. After 1.5 seconds, enemy champions can step on a seed to destroy it, but doing so grants true sight of them for 2 seconds. If one of Zyra's basic abilities hits a seed, a plant grows from it and automatically attacks nearby enemies. Multiple plants striking the same target deal only half damage. Zyra permanently has cooldown reduction and stores a seed periodically, up to a maximum of 2 stored at once.
- Grasping Roots: Zyra sends a surge of vines in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies hit and rooting them for a short duration.
- Rampant Growth: If Grasping Roots hits a seed, a Vine Lasher grows from it and lasts for up to 10 seconds, attacking the nearest enemy with short-ranged attacks that slow its target by 30% for 2 seconds.
- Stranglethorns: Zyra summons a monstrous thicket at the target location, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area as it expands. After 2 seconds, the vines snap upward, knocking up all enemies caught in the thicket for 1 second.
- Rampant Growth: Plants within the thicket are enraged and gain 50% bonus attack speed.