"Hunter Zolomon is a meta-human speedster from Earth Two. Years after witnessing his father murder his mother when he was a child, Hunter became a serial killer. Following the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion, Hunter was affected during electroshock therapy by the dark matter emitted, giving him superhuman speed and various other abilities derived from it. Following this, he escaped and began acting as a supervillain known as Zoom, stylized as the Speed Demon. Later, using Velocity serums, Hunter managed to artificially increase his speed to the point where he could break the dimensional barrier. Having got tired of being the villain, Hunter decided to become "the hero" as Jay Garrick/The Flash, stylized as the Crimson Comet, borrowing the name from the speeder he found on another Earth and kept as prisoner. He created the charade in order to instill false hope - hope that would be ripped away.
Discovering the existence of Barry Allen on Earth One, Hunter traveled to the other Earth and acted as his friend and mentor, apparently training him to fight Zoom, but instead forcing Barry to increase his speed to eventually take it for himself. Hunter eventually killed a time remnant of himself to give Barry a reason to avenge "Jay" and increase his speed even further, only for his true identity as Hunter Zolomon to be discovered by Team Flash soon after. Shortly after, intending to break Barry emotionally, he murders the latter's father Henry Allen, thus being indirectly responsible for Barry creating Flashpoint. After losing a race to Barry Allen and attempting to destroy the multiverse, Time Wraiths appeared and imprisoned Hunter in the Speed Force, while reducing him to a decayed spectre-like form, similar to that of the Time Wraiths.
He returned as a mindless being bound to the will of the Speed Force for all eternity, while hunting down the rogue speedster Eobard Thawne. After Eobard and the Legion of Doom assembled the Spear of Destiny and changed reality Zolomon was held captive by Eobard in S.T.A.R. Labs like a caged animal. After the timeline was restored, Zolomon chased down a future version of Eobard who had travelled to 1916 to ensure the Legends wouldn't stop him from altering reality with the Spear of Destiny, and killed him also erasing all of his time remnants he had created and restoring his non-existence." (http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon)
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | 8-B
Name: Hunter Zolomon, Zoom, Speed Demon, "Jay Garrick", "Flash", Black Flash
Origin: Arrowverse (CW)
Classification: Speedster Metahuman
Attack Potency: Building level+ (Has been much faster on several occasions than Barry Allen and became even faster after absorbing his speed. Was also able to easily break Barry's spine with one strike ), can ignore conventional durability | City Block level (Pinned down Barry Allen, can furthermore ignore conventional durability)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Caught lightning. Barry couldn't react to his speed, and was too slow to find him. Also absorbed Barry's speed) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Scared Eobard Thawne and outsped Barry Allen)
Lifting Strength: At least Athletic human (Could lift fully grown humans over his head with only one arm ) | Unknown
Striking Strength: Building Class+ | City Block Class
Durability: Building level+ | City Block level
Stamina: Very High, because of his regenerative abilities
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: Zoom suit
Intelligence: Gifted to Genius (Created the first Velocity serum, constructed prisons to hold metahumans, formulated a complex scheme with his time-displaced copy to obtain the Flash's speed force and won the servitude of Earth-2 Metahumans through various means that include intimidation.) | Likely below average (only driven by instincts)
Weaknesses: Brief lapses of childhood trauma (formerly), Velocity serum (formerly), extreme cold | Only able to perceive targets in motion. Other Speedsters have to tap into the speedforce for him to percieve them
- Superhuman speed: Hunter is able to move at unimaginably fast speeds, and could travel from place to place in moments. Through extreme usage of the Velocity drug, Hunter artificially enhanced his connection to the Speed Force, allowing him to move faster than any other speedster. Initially, Hunter could move at least at Mach 6-8, leaving Barry Allen's initial speed not nearly able to keep up.He was however unable to outrun Barry after the younger speedster increased his speed to over Mach 13. After gaining all of Barry's original Speed Force energy, Hunter became considerably faster than before, being able to snap the necks of nearly every person in Jitters in less then a second. He has gotten noticeably faster than ever before after his transformation by the wraiths; he was able to keep up with Barry during their fight in the Speed Force and later easily intercept and catch Eobard Thawne before he could even react, despite the great distance for the latter.
- Superhuman momentum: Hunter was capable of inflicting massive amounts of physical damage on his opponents by packing speed into his blows. His punches seemed to break the sound barrier. He was able to reduce Barry to a bloody mess in seconds with his deadly strikes, and even break his spine, causing paralysis. Even with Barry's rapid healing, the damage inflicted on him was noticeably prolonged.
- Interdimensional travel: Hunter was able to travel between Earth One and Earth Two at will. He did so by using the "breaches" between worlds. His speed allowing him to temporarily stabilize the interdimensional "corridors" that linked any one breach on Earth Two with a corresponding breach on Earth One, letting him and those he brings along pass through them. After stealing Barry's Speed Force energy, Hunter became powerful enough to create breaches with his own speed. He was able to create a portal out of thin air with a simple punching motion.
- Time travel: Hunter can move fast enough to break open holes in the fabric of time and space, allowing him to travel through time, an ability which Hunter abused to get time remnants of himself to assist him in the current timeline.
- Accelerated healing factor: While unable to repair the cellular deterioration caused by the Velocity 6, Hunter's powers also afford him heightened healing capacities, allowing him to quickly heal any superficial harm to his being. Despite being shot by Cisco Ramon with a serum to dampen his speed, Hunter almost instantly recovered and ran off before the serum could take full effect, showing no signs of having been slowed down by the serum. Once obtaining Barry's Speed Force, Hunter's full regenerative properties were restored, allowed him to recover from his former cellular damage.
- Phasing: Hunter could move and vibrate any part of his body so fast that he could effortlessly change his frequency and phase himself through people or objects. This allowed him to cause people to drop dead when he phased his arm through them, however, he could also harmlessly pass through people, as he did with Caitlin. He was also capable of effortlessly vibrating through carbide, which Barry had tremendous difficulty doing at first.
- Electrokinesis: Even while only slightly accessing his powers, Zoom would produce a powerful aura of blue lightning from his body that always emanated off of him, whether he was moving at super speed or not. He could also manipulate electricity by touching it, as when Barry tried hurling lightning at Hunter, he managed to grab and hold the lightning as if it were a tangible object and hurl it back at him. When he grabbed Harrison and stabbed him with his claws, he was able to transfer electricity into him, causing him extreme pain. Seeing as Zoom was much faster than Barry when he taught him how to throw lightning, this means that Zoom could've thrown lightning if he wanted to.
- Decay Inducement: After his transformation from the Time Wraiths, Hunter has the ability to cause cellular decay to people he comes in physical contact with, effectively draining them of life. He tried to cause Flash to decay into a corpse, but this was stopped before the process was complete or even permanent.
Key: Zoom | Black Flash