|“||What's that? Proud? Now, why would you say that? You are my enemy, but you are a captain. I have aimed to consider you an equal, and to treat you as such. There is no pride in my heart.||„|
|~ Zommari to Byakuya|
Zommari Rureaux (ゾマリ・ルルー, Zomari Rurū) is an Arrancar in Sōsuke Aizen's army, and the Séptima (7th) Espada.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-C | At least 7-C, likely higher
Name: Zommari Rureaux
Classification: Arrancar, 7th Espada
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Swordsmanship, Hardened Skin, Pseudo-Flight, Transformation, Sonido Master (Speed enhancement technique), Great Spiritual Power, Can use basic Arrancar techniques (like Cero and Bala), Can sense beings with Reiatsu (with Pesquisa), Dimensional Travel (via Garganta), Amor also ignores conventional durability, Ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu to increase the user’s offensive power and defensive abilities
Attack Potency: At least Town level (Fought against Byakuya Kuchiki) | At least Town level, likely higher with Gran Rey Cero (This type of Cero is believed by Sosuke Aizen to be capable of devastating the city sized fortress of Las Noches)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Comparable to Byakuya Kuchiki) | Massively Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: At least Town Class | At least Town Class
Durability: At least Town level | At least Town level (Survived Byakuya's Gōkei)
Stamina: High, able to battle for an extended period of time and keep going while sustaining heavy wounds.
Range: Extended melee range normally, several hundreds of meters with projectiles such as Cero, Gran Rey Cero, even more with his resurrection.
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Brujería, Caja Negación
Intelligence: A highly perceptive fighter, being able to almost immediately determine an opponent's weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Zommari can be somewhat arrogant and proud. His Amor can be blocked by barriers.
Great Spiritual Power: As the Seventh Espada, he contains enough spiritual power to be above most non-Espada Arrancar. His Reiatsu is pink.
Sonído Master: Like all Arrancar, Zommari has standard Hollow powers. However, he holds the self-proclaimed title for the fastest Sonído among all Arrancar, including the Espada. While unproven, his speed is great enough to keep up with Byakuya Kuchiki, one of the most skilled Shunpo masters in Soul Society, for a period of time, and even force him to use some high-level Shunpo techniques.
- Gemelos Sonído (双児響転 (ヘメロスソニード), Hemerosusonīdo; Spanish for "Sound Twins", Japanese for "Twins Sound Ceremony"): He states that increasing his steps even a little will result in quasi-clones. He likens it to a game of magic tricks. The trick is used in order to surprise the opponent. He further explains that the technique is not limited to only two clones; the number of clones produced through Gemelos Sonído can grow to a maximum of five. He uses this technique for diversion, substitution and multi-directional attacks. These "speed-clones" generated by his intense Sonído are so realistic that they can bleed after getting attacked.
Descorrer (解空 (デスコレール), Desukorēru; Spanish for "Drawing Back/Opening", Japanese for "Loosed Void"): A technique used by Espada-level Arrancar, and sometimes others, to open a Garganta between the Human World and Hueco Mundo.
Cero (虚閃 (セロ), Sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash", Doom Blast in the Viz translation"): An attack used by Menos, Arrancar, and Visored.
- Gran Rey Cero (グラン・レイ・セロ, Spanish for "Grand King Zero", Japanese for "Royal Hollow Flash"): A variation of the Cero technique used by the Espada. By mixing their own blood with a Cero, an Espada can fire a Cero with much greater attack power and speed, in addition to having a change of color unique to them. It is many times more powerful than a normal Cero.
- Cero Oscuras (セロ・オスキュラス, Spanish for "Dark Zero", Japanese for "Black Hollow Flash"): A far more powerful Cero than an average Cero, with a vast range and massive attack power.
Bala (バラ, Spanish for "Bullet", Japanese for "Hollow Bullet"): A technique that fires hardened spiritual pressure. Less powerful than a Cero, but can be successively fired at 20 times the rate.
Hierro (イエロ, Spanish for "Iron", Japanese for "Steel Skin"): An Arrancar's outer skin with high spiritual hardness that serves as armor.
Pesquisa (ペスキサ, Spanish for "Inquiry", Japanese for "Probe Circuit"): An Arrancar's ability to measure and locate Reiatsu.
Caja Negación (反膜の匪 (カハ・ネガシオン), kaha negashion; Spanish for "Negation Box", Japanese for "Anti-Membrane of Negation"): An item given to the Espada by Sōsuke Aizen. Caja Negación is a special cube-shaped device that is intended to simulate the effects of Negación fields on the target. When used, the cube isolates and traps the subject in a separate, alternate dimension from which an Arrancar of average strength cannot escape. A Caja Negación is utilized by an Espada in order to punish their Fracción if they deem that the situation requires it. The device was not intended to be used on other Espada and as they are much stronger than the average Arrancar, an Espada would be able to escape from the alternate dimension within a certain amount of time.
Zanpakutō and Resurrección
Brujería (呪眼僧伽 (ブルヘリア), Buruheria; Spanish for "Witchcraft", Japanese for "Sangha of the Bewitching Eyes"): It resembles a normal katana with the exception of the guard, which appears as a thick disk with spikes around the rim and has a pink handle.
Resurrección: The release command for Brujería is "Suppress" (鎮まれ, shizumare; Viz: "Quell"). Zommari levitates his Zanpakutō in front of him horizontally, then clasps his hands together. He then twists his head until it's perpendicular to the rest of his body and takes a bracing stance. When he says the release command, his sword bends into the shape of an edged spiral. Once in the shape, a thick white smoke emits from the corners of the spiral and covers his body, transforming into a thick, white, foamy liquid that mixes with his Reiryoku. In its release, Brujería covers Zommari's entire body with fifty open eyes, and his legs (along with his lower body) are replaced by a pink pumpkin-like (or sea urchin-like) structure, surrounded by cyclopean faces which somewhat resemble his own face. His neck is covered in a skull-shaped neck brace with an open eye in the front. Black markings also appear on his face in the form of two downward triangles originating from his eyes. Another five triangular markings appear under his mouth, forming what looks like a beard. The total number of eyes covering his body add up to 50 (including the two on his face), as Byakuya pointed out. The eyes cover Zommari's entire body except for his head. However, he later reveals eight more hidden eyes above his normal two on his forehead area.
Resurrección Special Ability: Zommari's powers in this state are entirely based upon the multiple eyes of his new form.
- Amor (愛 (アモル), amoru; Spanish and Japanese for "Love"): Using the eyes on his body, Zommari can take control of one object per eye; in his own words, "Stealing the sovereignty of whatever it sees". He usually gestures with his hands while doing this. It is initiated when Zommari fixes the gaze of one or more of his numerous eyes on specific target(s). The pupil(s) will widen and the eye(s) itself will glow purple due to his Reiatsu. When Zommari takes control of an object, a sun-shaped tattoo will appear on said object, giving Zommari full control over the object. If targeted on an opponent's limbs, it removes the brain's control from that limb, allowing him to control his opponents' movements or inflict self-harm. In regard to his eyes, each one of them is able to take control of a single separate target. By targeting the head of an individual, Zommari can take control of that person's entire body. This ability is Kidō-like in nature, as correctly deduced by Byakuya Kuchiki, and thus, can be countered through similar means, such as blocking Zommari's gaze with the Bakudō #81. Dankū.
- El Embrion (守胚姿勢 (エル・エンブリオン), Eru Enburion; Japanese for "Embryo-Protecting Force", Spanish for "The Embryo"): His release also possesses a defensive maneuver, where its lower half becomes a full sphere that covers Zommari's upper body. This technique was capable of resisting a full scale attack from Byakuya's Bankai, which completely destroyed the large building they were fighting in. However, this disables all the active eyes on his body.
Key: Base | Resurrección