|“||There is no greater grief than for a loss that is yet to come.||„|
In the wastelands of Urtistan, there was once a great city. It perished long ago in a terrible Rune War, like most of the lands below the Great Barrier. Nevertheless, one man survived: a sorcerer named Zilean. Being obsessed with time, it was only fitting that he dwelled in the city's Clock Tower. As the havoc of the war neared his home, Zilean experimented with powerful temporal magic to divine all possible futures, hoping to discover a peaceful solution. But Zilean's enchantments affected his perception of the passage of time, and he was in a contemplative stasis when Urtistan was set upon by an entire phalanx of dark knights of unknown affiliation. By the time he realized his error, Urtistan was nothing more than smoldering debris. Those responsible for its destruction had wisely left the Clock Tower unharmed, both to avoid drawing Zilean's attention and to torment him for his oversight.
Zilean barely had time to grieve the momentous loss before he learned that his dangerous research had a cruel side effect: chrono-displasia. This mystical disease granted him immortality, but detached his consciousness from its anchor in the present time. He now mentally drifts through time, from any point he has already lived to the present, unable to impact the events which unfold. The most torturous aspect of this curse is that Zilean sometimes experiences Urtistan as it once was and the rest of the time resides in its lonely ruins. Zilean quests for a cure, and thereafter a way to save his people.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | At least High 6-A, possibly 5-C
Name: Zilean, the Chronokeeper
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Appears to be in his late 60s, but is likely far older)
Classification: Magically Altered Human, Chrono Mage, Inventor | Face of the Cult of the Blood Moon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Regeneration (Mid-Low), Flight, Time Manipulation (Can speed up and slow time, stop time, travel through time, bring people back to life by reversing time, amplify his speed, and even manipulate the concept of time to an extent)
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen, and similarly powerful champions) | At least Multi-Continent level, possibly Moon level (Forced an eclipse to occur in an unknown timeframe)
Lifting Strength: Class 1 (Totes a giant clock on his back with no notable strain)
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+ | At least Multi-Continent Class, possibly Moon Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | At least Multi-Continent level, possibly Moon level
Range: Several meters to several kilometers with Chronomancy | Planetary
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Very High (A highly skilled inventor and Chronomancer, due to his Chrono-Displasia he has witnessed and gained extensive knowledge of both past and future events, stated by Vel'Koz to have a vast amount of hidden knowledge)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Zilean throws a magically empowered gear at the opponent, dealing physical damage.
- Time in a Bottle: Zilean generates experience every 5 seconds, which does not advance his own level. When he has enough to level up an allied champion and is out of combat in the last 10 seconds, he can initiate a 1 second channel, after which he grants them enough experience to finish their level. Zilean receives the same amount. If the channel is interrupted, Time in a Bottle goes on cooldown for 2 seconds.
- Time Bomb: Zilean throws a ticking time bomb to the target location that detonates after 3 seconds, dealing magic damage to all surrounding enemies. If a unit is near a Time Bomb as it lands or has already landed, they pick it up and become the holder, causing it to detonate at their location at the end of its duration. If a bomb holder picks up another Time Bomb, the first bomb immediately detonates and briefly stuns all affected enemies.
- Rewind: Zilean reduces Time Bomb and Time Warp's cooldowns by 10 seconds.
- Time Warp: Zilean bends time around the target champion, slowing them if they are an enemy or granting them bonus movement speed if they are an ally for 2.5 seconds.
- Chronoshift: Zilean places a protective time rune on the target ally champion or himself for 5 seconds. If the target takes fatal damage during that time, they are instead put in stasis for 2 seconds and are revived with a set amount of health.
- Heightened Learning: Zilean and nearby allied champions gain 8% additional experience from all sources.
- Time Twister: Zilean unleashes an area of effect debuff on enemy units in a single location. Every 2.5 seconds, Time Twister stuns targets for 1 second while dealing damage.
- Temporal Stasis Bubble: A device that can temporarily stop time over a set area. Zilean is currently the only person capable of using this device, and it was powerful enough to halt the war in Kalamanda.
- Time Travel: A side effect of Zilean's Chrono-Displasia grants him the ability to travel to any point in time whenever he pleases. He can also increase, decrease, and completely stop the flow of time, as well as reverse it entirely.
Key: Base | Blood Moon Zilean