|“||In a gathering of corpses there is beauty. Same goes for the cherry blossoms and spring...||„|
|~ Yuyuko Saigyouji|
Yuyuko Saigyouji (西行寺 幽々子, Saigyouji Yuyuko) is the ghost "princess" head of Hakugyokurou in the Netherworld. She first appeared as the stage 6 boss in Perfect Cherry Blossom and appeared in several subsequent works as well.
Powers and Stats
Name: Yuyuko Saigyouji
Origin: Touhou Project
Classification: Ghost, Departed spirit princess
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Death Manipulation, Flight, Soul Manipulation, Non-Corporeal, Danmaku, Dimensional travel (She seemingly can come and go at will between Gensokyo and the Netherworld. Hinted that ghosts can freely travel between the outside world and Gensokyo), Mind Manipulation (All ghosts can affect one's heart just via their words) and Resistance to it (Resisted the effects from the moon, which can drive normal humans insane and kill them if they look at it), Immortality (Type 8, Yuyuko can neither reincarnate nor vanish, as long as the seal on the Saigyou Ayakashi isn't broken)
Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Superior to Youmu and comparable to other high tiers such as Yukari. She seemingly weakened the border between Gensokyo and the Netherworld, the latter being far larger than Hell). Manipulation of death completely ignores conventional durability.
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to other high tiers such as Reimu)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class via power-scaling
Durability: Large Planet level (Her barriers can shrug off Master Sparks), Immortality and Non-Corporeality make her hard to kill.
Range: Tens of meters, likely hundreds of thousands of kilometers with her ability (Manages and has control over the souls of the Netherworld, which is larger than Hell, a place 39,000 yojana from its top to bottom)
Standard Equipment: Her fan.
- Manipulation of Death: The ability to, without exception and without permitting resistance, end the life of any living being, human or youkai. It is a simple ability.
- Manipulating Departed Souls: Yuyuko can manipulate ghosts and spirits, and it is a power she has possessed even when she was alive. Although the specifics of her power are unknown, it seems to make her the manager of the ghosts within the Netherworld. She is able to let those from Hell stay within the Netherworld instead.
- All Things Wandering: Calls forth a number of spirits in a ring that floats upwards.
- Dance of the Butterfly Dream: Steps forward and attacks with fans in both hands.
- Ghostly Butterfly: Releases ghost-shape bullets from her hands that turn into homing butterflies when they reach the edge of the screen.
- Gifts to the Deceased: Yuyuko flies skywards, grabbing the enemy and throwing her. Since she depends on ghosts for this move, whenever she performs it she becomes extremely hungry.
- Lance of the Swallowtail Crest: A piercing attack using a sword-shaped fey mist. The excess power turns into butterflies on release that scatter randomly over a wide area. Is this accidental or on purpose? Most suspicious.
- Land of Death: Ghosts fly out and advances towards the enemy repeatedly in this ranged attack. An attack that fully showcases the whimsical nature of ghosts.
- Lights of the Unborn: A five-branched laser. Since it radiates outward it covers more area the farther it goes.
- Reverse Screens: Flips backwards, clearing out the area before her.
- Sense of Elegance: Yuyuko spins in place, using her sharp fans to hit the enemy. A graceful, beautiful and deadly dance.
- Sphere Bloom: Scatters beads of light like a whip. The light eventually turns to cherry blossoms and attacks the opponent.
- Spirit-Luring Nectar: Simultaneously releases a spirit-attracting orb and spirits.
- Butterfly Sign "Deadly Lance of the Swallowtail Butterfly Crest": A fan opens from behind, and fires beams and butterflies forwards at random.
- Cherry Blossom Sign "Sense of Cherry Blossom": Unleashes a spiral of energy skywards. Takes a long time to prepare, but has unparalleled range and power.
- Deadly Butterfly "Eternal Sleep in Dreamland": Create a storm of butterfly shots. The butterflies spiral around Yuyuko and spread out across the screen.
- Death Sign "Ghastly Dream": Fires a wave of butterfly shots out in a circle.
- Ghostly Elegance "Light Trap of Passing Away": Ghosts surround the enemy, slowly moving inwards.
- Lifespan "Ticket to the Ageless Land": Fire ghosts that possess the enemy. They are harmless, but when the last ghost vanishes, it strikes depending on number of attacks.
- Lost Again "Gensokyo's Rise from Yomi": The great task of opening the gate to the next world. From the gate, ghosts pour out, attacking the enemy. The enemy's movement is greatly restricted.
- Nether Sign "Path to Yomotsu-Hirasaka": Forms an easy path to the land of the dead at the hands. From there, many ghosts pour out, but since they're ghosts, they just go wherever they want.
- "Resurrection Butterfly": Beams of light emanate from Yuyuko, and swarms of butterfly attack. It starts out weak but becomes stronger and stronger as it is used more often.
- Spirit Sign "Ageless Dream": Drain the enemy's strength with a ghost.