|“||Just like a person holding a sword trying to protect something. That maybe one's life, or place in society, or reputation, things that one loves, things that one believes; it matters not if it's good or bad, the will to 'protect it' does not change.||„|
|~ Yoruichi to Inoue and Chad|
Yoruichi Shihōin (四楓院 夜一, Shihōin Yoruichi) is the former captain of the 2nd Division of the Gotei 13, as well as the former commander of the Onmitsukido. Her lieutenant was Marenoshin Omaeda. Having abandoned her command of both positions, she works with Kisuke Urahara and Tessai Tsukabishi, based in the Urahara Shop out in the Human World.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 7-C | 6-C | 6-C | At least 6-C
Name: Shihōin Yoruichi
Age: At least over 200 years
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Shunkō, Spiritual Awareness, Can sense beings with reiatsu, Spiritual Energy Projection, Kidō Expert, Transforming into a black cat, Weapons Inventor, Flight, Electricity Manipulation, Expert Swordsmanship, Barrier Creation, and limited Power Nullification via Hanki
Attack Potency: At least Large Town level (Comparable to Suì-Fēng, Her power is enough to make the 4th Espada Ulquiorra wary to engage in combat with her, even with the help of the 0 Espada Yammy) | Island level+ (Comparable to Kisuke Urahara, able to damage Chrysalis Aizen) | Island level+ (Shouldn't be weaker than before, fought Askin) | At least Island level+ (Quickly overwhelmed Askin to the point of forcing him into Vollständig)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (She was given the title Goddess of Flash for her proficiency in Flash Step and is also one of the fastest speedsters in and out of Soul Society) | Massively Hypersonic+ | Massively Hypersonic+ (Kept up with and dodged Askin's arrows) | At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Blitzed Askin Nakk Le Vaar)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Large Town Class | Island Class+ | Island Class+ | At least Island Class+
Durability: At least Large Town level (Took hits from Suì-Fēng) | Island level+ (Tanked attacks from Chrysalis Aizen) | Island level+ (Took attacks from Askin) | At least Island level+
Stamina: Very high
Range: Extended melee range, several hundred meters with Raiōken
Standard Equipment: Her Zanpakutō, Tentōken, Anken and Anti-Hierro Armor
Intelligence: As the former head of her clan and ex-commander of the Onmitsukidō, Yoruichi is a capable leader. She has repeatedly proven to be insightful and crafty, capable of quickly understanding any situation that presents itself and adjusting to it effectively. Upon learning Ichigo would go to save Rukia no matter what, Yoruichi began making preparations of her own by training Orihime and Chad.
Weaknesses: None notable
Feline Transformation: Yoruichi possesses the unique ability to shape-shift into a black cat at will. How she alone, out of all Shinigami, is capable of this is currently unknown. She has possessed the ability for well over 100 years, and it is known to others she knew from that time. She apparently has no set time limit on the transformation, as she had been in this form for over 100 years. In cat form, Yoruichi can still channel her spiritual energy and move at incredible speeds, though she is physically limited. Her transformation grants her a complete disguise, as her voice in this form is deep enough to lead most to assume she is a male.
Shunpo Master: Considered to be the most proficient Hohō master ever in all of Soul Society, Yoruichi is highly skilled in the use of Shunpo. Though this is by no means a unique skill, as most seated officers are capable of performing it to various degrees, Yoruichi holds the title "Flash Goddess" (瞬神, shunshin), because she has mastered this ability to the point where she can appear to be in several places at once and wipe out an entire Onmitsukidō squadron in seconds. She can easily close tremendous gaps of distance in the blink of an eye while remaining undetected, and can surprise Byakuya, who is one of the most proficient masters in the art as well. She has mastered all of the Onmitsukidō's speed-oriented techniques, and has even created some of her own, such as Utsusemi (空蝉, Cicada, referencing their molting). The full extent of her abilities remain unclear, but she was able to outrun Byakuya while carrying an unconscious Ichigo over her shoulder, performing around 300 steps before feeling tired from being 100 years out of practice. Suì-Fēng could barely keep up with her while Yoruichi was still holding back. She can still perform Shunpo while in her cat form, however, she is not as fast as she is in her true form.
- Utsusemi: (空蝉, Cast-Off Cicada Shell) Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō. It allows users to move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Hakuda Master: As former Commander-in-Chief of the Onmitsukidō, Yoruichi is one of the most accomplished hand-to-hand combatants in Soul Society. Her mastery of the art form is so great, she uses it exclusively as her form of combat, forgoing the use of a Zanpakutō altogether. She took down nearly 50 Onmitsukidō members with only Hakuda. She has taken on Espada-level Arrancar, such as when she brutally defeated Yammy, and is regarded by the 4th Espada Ulquiorra Cifer as highly dangerous. She fought three Shinigami captains and four lieutenant-level and above opponents at the same time with Hakuda without receiving any notable damage.
- Takigoi: (滝鯉, Waterfall Carp): The practitioner utilizes this technique to create an opening in their opponent's defense. When the target kicks out, the user blocks the attack with their forearm. When the foe moves to kick them with their other foot, the practitioner grabs the blocked foot with their free hand while simultaneously blocking the second attack with their legs. The user subsequently traps the opponents second foot between their legs. With both legs trapped, the target is now open to attack and the user takes advantage of the situation to attack with their free hand.
- Taketonbo: (竹蜻蛉, Bamboo Dragonfly): A Hakuda technique which involves a simple, yet effective, throw which suddenly and violently flips an opponent upside down. The victim lands heavily on their back, which knocks the wind out of them.
- Raiōken: (雷王拳, Thunder King Fist): A Hakuda technique involving a series of ultra-high-speed punches delivered using both arms. When performing this technique while wearing Anti-Hierro Armor, Yoruichi severely cracked Aizen's first form, destroying the surrounding portion of Karakura Town in the process.
Shunkō (Lightning): (瞬閧, Flash War Cry): An advanced technique which combines Hakuda with Kidō. This technique surrounds her back and arms with pressurized Kidō based on the element of lightning. The keisen uniform has no back or sleeves because they will rip apart when it is activated. Apart from enhancing her arms and legs for combat, the technique allows her to instantly neutralize an opponent's movement. The Kidō itself can be controlled and fired at opponents from her body, which creates massive explosions. Yoruichi's version of the technique was developed and studied by her a century ago; therefore, the technique is complete and the compressed Kidō is visible. While using this technique, her Reiatsu takes the form of white lightning. Her skill and control in its usage has progressed to the point of activation taking the form of a pair of lightning wings generated from her back.
- Shunkō: Raijin Senkei (瞬閧 雷神戦形, Flash War Cry: Thunder God War Form): The lightning emitted from Yoruichi's back creates a circle of electrical energy in the shape of Raijin's drums behind her as Yoruichi unleashes a giant column of concentrated electrical energy to engulf her opponent.
- Shunshin Chōhengen (瞬神超変幻, Flash God Super Transformation): While Shunkō: Raijin Senkei is already activated, Yoruichi can transform her mind and body even further. This transformation can be activated by Kisuke Urahara remotely even against her will.
- Shunkō: Raiju Senkei: Shunryū Kokubyō Senkei (瞬閧 雷獣戦形 瞬窿黒猫戦姫, Flash War Cry: Thunder Beast Battle Form: Flash God Black Cat Warrior Princess): Upon release a huge column of electrical energy is released. When the energy disappears Yoruichi has taken on the form of a hybrid of Shunkō and her feline form. Her feet become clawed cat paws, this form clads her arms and legs in electricity covering her forearms past the elbow and her legs up to her thighs, each ending with claws made of electrical energy. The energy forms her hair into the form of cat ears and she grows a tail. This form sheaths her in an aura of electrical energy. This form gives her the mentality of a cat and allows the cat nature of "fickleness" to manifest in her Reiatsu. While Yoruichi is naturally moody, she is even more so in this form; her Reiatsu is directly responsive to her changes in mood, and therefore becomes reliably unstable by changing 48 times per second. Kisuke Urahara is the only one who can control her in this form.
Master Assassin: As the former Commander-in-Chief of the Onmitsukidō, Yoruichi is one of the foremost masters of the art of assassination. She has repeatedly shown impressive skill in staying hidden and unseen. When necessary, she can effectively exploit having an advantage against an opponent or hiding her presence. Even Aizen was taken completely by surprise, and just as easily subdued.
Immense Spiritual Power: As a former captain and head of a noble clan, Yoruichi boasts a larger than normal amount of spiritual energy. During Ichigo's Bankai Training, she kept the Tenshintai active for an extended period of time with her Reiryoku. The reputation of her power is enough to make 4th Espada Ulquiorra Cifer wary to engage in combat with her, even with the help of 0 Espada Yammy Llargo. While using Shunkō, her concentrated spiritual power becomes far greater than normal.
Kidō Expert: As former captain of the 2nd Division and the Commander-in-Chief of the Onmitsukidō, Yoruichi is well-versed in Kidō. After Mimihagi stabilized the bifurcated Soul King, Yoruichi set up a protective barrier using several seals and drawn lines similar to the ones used in Tenteikūra, displaying an advanced knowledge of protective Kidō spells. Yoruichi also has a degree of proficiency in healing Kidō.
- Hanki: (反鬼, Reverse Demon) This technique is used by Yoruichi during Shunkō. It nullifies an opponent's Kidō by hitting it with a Kidō of perfectly opposite speed and energy. The technique can neutralize an opponent's movements.
Key: Soul Society Arc/Arrancar Arc | Fake Karakura Town Arc | Thousand Year Blood War Arc | Flash Goddess Form