|“||It's time for our Coup de Gravy!||„|
|~ Yew's catchphrase|
Yew Geneologia is the sixteen-year old leader of the Three Musketeers, bodyguards to Agnès Oblige, Pope of the Crystal Orthodoxy and the main protagonist of Bravely Second. Despite his best efforts, he is forced to watch helplessly as his charge Agnès is kidnapped by Kaiser Oblivion during a peace treaty event before falling unconscious. By the time he awakens, the Glanz Empire has wiped out Eternia's forces and taken over Luxendarc. Thus, with the help of two former Warriors of Light, Tiz Arrior and Edea Lee, as well as the mysterious Magnolia Arch, he sets out to rescue Agnès and restore peace to his homeland.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A | At least 5-A to 2-C
Name: Yew Geneologia
Origin: Bravely Second
Classification: Member of the Crystalguard and the Three Musketeers, Warrior of Light, Leader of Agnès' Avengers
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Additional abilities from the Asterisks including but not limited to: Expert Martial Artist, Weapon Mastery, Elemental Manipulation, Resistance to Elemental Manipulation and can completely nullify any attack for short periods of time, Attack Reflection, Darkness Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Low), Can revive downed allies, Can inflict a variety of status ailments, Soul Manipulation, Time Manipulation via Time Magic and Bravely Second, Telekinesis, Summoning, Pain Manipulation, Durability Negation, Spatial Manipulation, Limited Reality Warping, Possession, Mind Manipulation, Stat Amping, Sound Manipulation, Can inflict instant death, Can control the embodiments of humanity's sins and inner nature
Attack Potency: Mountain level (Was powerful enough to be recognized by Braev Lee, Alternis Dim, and Agnès Oblige, but was swatted aside by Kaiser Oblivion) | At least Large Planet level, likely Multi-Universe level (Defeated Providence, who is able to reset the game file and thus the entire timeline, Providence is also powerful enough to rival Ouroboros, who devoured numerous timelines)
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Can dodge cloud to ground lightning generated by magic spells and has fought on par with all of the Jobmasters, comparable to Magnolia Arch who can skip across the surface of the entire Moon in seconds) | Massively FTL+ (Scaled from Ouroboros and Providence, who can compress and devour entire timelines in an instant)
Lifting Strength: Athlete level (Can wear heavy armor and lift a variety of heavy weaponry or multiple weapons at once, but is noted to be one of the least physically-inclined members of the party)
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class | At least Large Planet Class, possibly Multi-Universal (Helped to defeat Providence)
Durability: At least Mountain level (Tanked blows from Kaiser Oblivion, who was able to defeat Braev Lee and Alternis Dim) | Large Planet level to Multi-Universe level (Tanked attacks from Ouroboros and Providence)
Stamina: Superhuman+ (Has survived gauntlets of battle against powerful foes like the Jobmasters and helped to defeat Providence)
Range: Extended melee range with weapons; much higher with magic
Standard Equipment: A fencing sword, Various Asterisks and restorative items
Intelligence: Yew has referred to himself as a "bookworm" and was a Straight-A student at the prestigious Al-Khampis Academy, graduating at the top of his class as a Six-Star Student. As a result, he is extremely proficient in the use of magic and quickly masters the use of the Asterisks. In addition, he has mastered a variety of weapons over the course of his adventures, but is most commonly depicted wielding a fencing sword. He is also responsible for analyzing his foes, discovering their weaknesses, and recording them for future reference in his journal.
Weaknesses: Yew is somewhat insecure and lacking in confidence at times, Many of his skills and magic spells are reliant on his limited supply of MP, Bravely Second is reliant on SP, which cannot be refilled during battle
- Aeroja: Yew conjures a massive twister to deal heavy Wind-elemental damage to all foes.
- Arise: Yew instantly resuscitates an ally restoring them back to peak fighting strength. This spell can also instantly exorcise undead foes.
- Aspir: Yew drains his opponent's magical energy to restore his own.
- Blizzaga: Yew summons a blizzard to deal heavy Ice-elemental damage to all foes.
- Calm: Yew temporarily nullifies the damage component of all attacks, including his own, making it impossible for him or his opponent to directly damage each other.
- Curaga: Yew restores the health of himself and all his allies.
- Dark: Yew deals massive amounts of Dark-elemental damage to all foes.
- Death: A spell that instantly kills the target.
- Dispel: Yew nullifies all special barriers and enchantments his opponent currently has.
- Esunaga: Yew removes all status ailments from himself and his allies.
- Fate: Yew causes the target to fall in love with him, removing their will to fight in the process.
- Fear: Yew induces terror in his opponents to make them panic.
- Firaga: Yew casts a fireball that deals heavy Fire-elemental damage to all foes.
- Graviga: Yew crushes his opponent by greatly increasing the force of gravity around them.
- Hastega: Yew greatly speeds up time around himself and his allies, greatly increasing their effective speed.
- Holy: Yew smites his opponent with a burst of holy energy.
- Meteor: Yew calls down a storm of shooting stars to deal heavy non-elemental damage to all targets.
- Quaga: Yew starts an earthquake to deal heavy Earth-elemental damage to all foes.
- Reflect: Yew casts a barrier that causes all magic used on the target to be reflected (i.e. if Yew casted it on himself, all magic would be sent back to his opponent, but if he casts it on his target, all magic cast on them would be sent to him).
- Reraise: Yew casts an enchantment that resurrects him should he fall in battle.
- Slowga: Yew slows down time around his opponents, greatly lowering their effective speed.
- Stop: Yew stops time around a single target, leaving them helpless.
- Thundaga: Yew conjures a thunderstorm to deal heavy Lightning-elemental damage to all foes.
- Veilga: Yew blurs his movements and those of his allies, making him much harder to hit with physical attacks.
Summons are powerful entities Yew and his friends can summon to deal incredible amounts of elemental damage and temporarily increase their stats. In addition, all of their attacks completely bypass Attack Reflection abilities.
- Girtablulu: Summons an enormous scorpion to deal great amounts of Earth-elemental damage and quadruples his physical defense.
- Hraesvelgr: Summons a wind demon similar in shape to a fighter jet to devastate the area with massive tornado before quadrupling his speed and evasion rates.
- Zilsudra's Sin: Summons the spirit of a drowned goddess to flood the area with a great deluge to crush and drown opponents as well as quadrupling his magical defense.
- Promethean Fire: Summons a fire demon in the shape of a phantom train to blast all foes with hellfire, quadrupling his physical attack power in the process. Deals Fire-elemental damage.
- Deus Ex: Summons a giant automaton that blasts his foes with lightning, quadrupling his magical attack power. Deals Lightning-elemental damage.
- Susanoo: Summons an enormous giant to cleave his foes in half with a giant sword (which takes the form of a power plant tower) to deal massive non-elemental damage to all foes and raises his chances of dealing critical damage immensely.
- Charybdis: Yew summons a fleet of ghost ships that bind his targets with dozens of phantasmal chains.
- Amaterasu: Summons the embodiment of light itself to heal the wounds of all allies, ignoring abilities that would prevent healing.
- Berserk: Yew enters a berserk state, greatly increasing his physical power while stripping him of reason.
- Bone Crush: Yew instantly smashes the bones in his opponent's body, dealing damage proportionate to the wounds they have already sustained.
- Defang: Yew attacks his opponent with a special physical strike that significantly lowers his opponent's physical strength.
- Default: Yew enters a defensive stance that creates a barrier in front of him that greatly reduces the effectiveness of an incoming attack.
- Eradication: Yew uses a special rite that can instantly kill all targets, ignoring resistance to instant death, but relies primarily on luck to activate.
- Examine: Yew analyzes the target to discover their weaknesses and what type of creature they are.
- Feel no Pain: Yew temporarily eliminates his sense of pain, allowing him to fight on even with fatal wounds. However, after this ability wears off, he will incur the effects of all the injuries he sustained at once.
- Free Lunch: Yew temporarily eliminates the cost of his MP-reliant attacks for a brief period of time.
- Full/Low Leverage: Yew doubles or halves the damage dealt as well as the cost for all abilities.
- Harpoon: An enhanced physical attack that completely bypasses the target's physical defenses.
- Minus Strike: Yew deals a wicked slash that inflicts damage equivalent to the wounds he has already sustained.
- Nothing Ventured: Yew enters a defensive stance that halves the damage of an incoming attack before retaliating for double the damage of his normal strikes.
- Piestorm: Yew throws four specially made pies that lower the target's attack power and defense on hit.
- Purrfect Stance: Yew enters a cat-like stance that raise his physical attack and defense to their limits.
- Pressure Point: A martial arts technique that allow Yew to ignore conventional durability by striking special pressure points, bypassing any barriers, obstructions, and defense modifiers in the process.
- Qigong Wave: Another martial arts technique that allow Yew to fire a burst of Chi energy that bypasses enemy guards.
- Possession: Yew possesses his target but remains able to use all of his skills and abilities.
- Scale Strip: Yew uses a special physical attack that strips away his opponent's defenses and armor.
- Shin Smash: Yew crushes his opponent's shin, lowering their speed in the process.
- Spell Sword: Yew enchants his sword with Black Magic, allowing him to damage foes with elemental magic, petrification, if not outright instant death with his regular attacks.
- Skull Bash: Yew batters his opponent's skull to impede their mental faculties and thus reduce the effectiveness of technical skills like magic.
- Sonnenblume: Yew bends space so that slower characters will strike first and vice versa.
- Soul Mirror: Yew erects a barrier that reflects all physical attacks back at their owners.
- Steal Life/Mind: Yew pilfers his opponent's life or mental energy respectively, healing himself based on how much he stole.
- Torrent: Yew rapidly cuts his opponent to pieces with water-imbued attacks, dealing sixteen hits in an instant.
- Undo: Yew undoes the effects of what happened in the last round of combat, reversing changes to health, magical energy, stat changes, or the effects of actions the target incurred.
- Undo Trois: Yew undoes everything that happened in the last three rounds of combat.
- Adrenaline Rush: Yew's physical attack and defense rise significantly should he be pushed into a corner.
- Anti-Magic: Yew's magical defense is greatly increased after being struck by an enemy magical attack.
- Auto-Undo: Yew is able to automatically undo any changes to his health or mana
- Blind Immunity: Yew is immune to being blinded by special effects.
- Charm Immunity: Yew is immune to mind manipulation abilities that involve charming and seduction.
- Confusion Immunity: Yew is immune to mental interference that would confuse him.
- Ectoplasm: Yew is able to exist as a ghost should he somehow be killed, allowing him to continue casting spells while remaining completely intangible.
- MP Free in a Pinch: Yew's MP Costs are lowered to zero when he's hard-pressed.
- Obliterate: Yew instantly kills any opponent or target that would otherwise be easily defeated by him.
- Paralysis Immunity: Yew is immune to being paralyzed by special effects.
- Poison Immunity: Yew is immune to being poisoned.
- Pierce M. Defense: Yew is able to completely ignore his opponent's resistance to magic.
- Savage Beast: Should Yew be driven completely berserk, he'll be able to use his physical skills without the normal cost incurred by them.
- Slow Parry: Yew is able to automatically slow down time around foes who manage to strike him.
- Slow and Steady: Yew's speed is drastically increased after guarding against an enemy attack with Default.
- Stop Immunity: Yew is immune to time stopping abilities.
- Time Slip: Yew is able to return the battle back to the way it started if he is somehow defeated, but this only works once per fight.
Key: Early Game | End Game