Yakou Madara is an Onmyōji created by Ryuusui through her distortion. He joined the Eastern Expedition, which was ordered by its country to take back the Eastern Land from the Yatsukahagi. For him, this quest is a way to search for his own desire, which he learns during his encounter against Ootake.
The fall of the Tenma will allow Hajun to complete his Law without opposition and would thus erase all of existence. Yakou, having learned of the history of the Old World and the battle between the Guardians of the Fifth Heaven, rejoins his old comrades to stop Hajun.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-C | 1-A
Name: Yakou Madara, God of Death
Origin: Kajiri Kamui Kagura
Age: Unknown (Was created by Ryuusui a few years prior to the main story)
Classification: Onmyōji, Member of the Eastern Expedition, God with Colorless Taikyoku, Hajun's Sensory, Creation of Mikado Ryuusui | Gudou God, God of Death
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Flight, Reality Warping, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Regeneration (Unknown), Lightning Manipulation (Or at least what appears like lightning), Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Black Hole Creation, Cosmic Awareness and Precognition/Clairvoyance through his Taikyoku, Conceptual Manipulation (Can manipulate concepts via Kotodama), Barrier Creation (Said barriers can work in up to 24 dimensions, he also has Uho-hou a passive barrier that adapts to spirits and concepts and as such can influence territories like higher dimensional spiritual defenses and its special nature resides in eliminating weakness points) and Attack Reflection (Said barrier will change the direction of any attack in their blind spots ensuring their safety, Yakou can also reflect incoming attacks with his Dimensional Barriers), Teleportation, Space-Time Manipulation (Can embody Space and Time to stop incoming attacks), Can travel through dimensions, Pocket Reality Manipulation (Can create pocket spaces for various uses), Creation (Can create Shikigamis), Void Manipulation, Resistance to Magic, Mental, Spiritual, Spatial, Conceptual attacks, Time Stop (Even when Tenma Yato activated his Law to freeze the remains of Marie's world, Yakou could still act inside), Power Nullification (Should have no problem using his abilities in the presence of Tenma Sukuna) Durability Negation | All previous abilities in addition to Immortality (Types 4 and 10), Law Manipulation, Death Manipulation (Capable of even negating immortality, all forms of death are subservient to him), Conceptual Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Regeneration (True-Godly), Information Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Teleportation, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Resurrection, Abstract Existence, Non-Corporeal, Nigh-Omniscience, Nigh-Omnipresence (Omnipresent in his own territory)
Attack Potency: Star level (Has complete control over the movement of stars), can bypass durability in a number of ways | Outerverse level (Capable of affecting the hyperdimensional Throne, the source of his power, Taikyoku, is the source of all reality, including dimensional space itself. Additionally, along with Rindou and Habaki, Yakou is one of the strongest Gudou Gods, with a Taikyoku value of 65)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman, exact level unknown | Irrelevant
Striking Strength: Star Class | Outerversal
Durability: Star level normally, Hyperverse level with barriers (Capable of creating 24-dimensional barriers), immortality makes him hard to kill | Outerverse level
Stamina: Very high | Limitless
Range: Unknown | Outerversal
Standard Equipment: None
Weaknesses: Madara is blind (though his vision is compensated through his use of Taikyoku) and a lazy alcoholic. While he has Taikyoku, his value is technically “0” due to lacking a desire, and he thus lacks its benefits, save for the ability to control natural phenomena. | None notable
- Onmyoudou: An art that has two specific branches:
- Art of Yang: A magic that humans can learn through martial arts and training. It refers to something that follows the doctrine of this world and is within its frame of reasoning. It encompasses many arts that are centered around manipulating attributes of the universe, and Ryuusui stated that humans are capable of learning how to use it. Since the concept of gods and religion don't exist, this magic is more of borrowing transcendental power from someone.
- Odd gift of Ying: An unusual talent that is distorted and abandoned by this world. This ability is an anomalous phenomenon that cannot be explained. Therefore, only a handful of people are endowed with this attribute. In general, it is similar to the poison that contaminated the East and those who are touched by these shadows are subjects of fear and disgust.
- 咒 (Kotodama): Everything has its own “word”, its own “name”. For example, the Moon is the Moon because its “name” (咒) says so, and fire is fire because it has its own “name”. In short, everything in reality follows this rule, from mundane things to concepts, each possessing their own “word”, which can be used to make things that are hard to understand easier to grasp. With Onmyoudou, one can bring these words to existence, though they need some sort of higher visual perception such as Yakou's Heavenly Eye to do so.
- 計都・天墜 (Keito Tentsui): By creating a hole in the zenith of heaven and through hand seals, Yakou causes the sky to be filled with a multi-layered mandala, shaking the elements of Heaven and causing a comet to fall on its targets that kills anyone he targets without destroying anything else in the surrounding area.
- 東屋 (Azumiya): A technique of space development, which Yakou uses to reserve all of the necessary things in life like food and water. Only Yakou had shown the usage of this art due to its high difficulty.
- 式神 (Shikigami): The art of producing a pseudo-life existence. While most of these vulgar things are no different from a doll, a high ranking formula can grant them wills of their own. Due to their connection to Yakou, they can only act within a limited distance of him. Yakou can create birds to relay messages or study the environment, or an ox to pull a carriage. He also created Niko and Teirei, reincarnations of Wolfgang Schreiber's split personalities, and the strongest of his Shikigamis. They have shown the ability to fuse, becoming Kamunagara.
- 次元断層 (Dimensional Dislocation): Yakou can create dislocations in dimensions to protect himself, and can use them to reflect attacks back at his enemies, aiming them at their blind spots. With this ability, he was able to block Tenma Morei's flames, which is capable of destroying space itself, and the attacks of Sukuna and Ootaka. He can even create a 24-dimensional barrier.
- 天眼 (Tengan): The Heavenly Eye granted to him by Hajun, allowing him to observe all of creation without obstruction, even the future (With his eye being superior to Ryuusui's Foresight which can see through infinite possibilities of the future), dimensions, and souls. His physical eyes are useless to him, allowing him to perceive the soul of Morei even after his eyes were destroyed.
- 虚空蔵天霊眼 (Akasgarbha Ten Rei Me): An ability that allows him to have a higher phase of perception and the ability to use large spells with only chants of two or three words, which usually takes several hundreds of people a few days to complete. It also allows him to disregard specific conditions of techniques, and gives him complete control over the movement of stars.
- 無形 (Mukei): As someone who has already reached the Throne which rules all of creation, Yakou gained his "Colorless" Taikyoku. It allows him to do anything that falls under the physical phenomena of the universe, and it is different from the ability to warp the laws of the world. It allows him to perceive all of existence, understanding all he sees due to his godhood. It is his hierarchy and his existence as a singularity, but due to his lack of desire, it does not grant him the special properties of Taikyoku, preventing him from warping existing laws.
- Kajiri Kamui - Yama Enraten: The manifestation of Madara’s true Taikyoku, with his desire being “I want to be the death that kills all”. The Law’s function is simple - it allows Madara to “kill” whatever he desires, even universes. This ability works similar to Tenma Ootake's Taikyoku, bringing death to anyone and anything in existence, regardless of whether or not the being is acausal or abstract or something similar. He can use this ability to erase his own concept of death, making him virtually immortal and unkillable, though he can still be defeated by those superior to himself.
- Kajiri Kamui - Yama Enraten (Post-resurrection): After his rebirth, Yakou's expression of his Taikyoku changed. Instead of the ability to "give death", it becomes the power to "judge after death", as Yakou wants to disconnect himself from Hajun. By combining it with his Tengan, he is able to perceive souls and grant them the most appropriate afterlife, even granting the shadow of Mercurius the death he had always desired.
Key: Base | Gudou God