|“||Trust no one, feed your anger! Only anger will keep you strong.||„|
|~ Xaldin to Beast|
Xaldin, the Whirlwind Lancer (旋風の六槍 Senpū no Rokusō, lit. Six Lances of the Whirlwind), is the Nobody of Dilan and is Rank III within the original Organization XIII. He controls wind, and uses his power over the air to freely manipulate his six lances without holding them directly. He commands the Dragoon Nobodies, and has the second highest throne among the Organization.
Xaldin appears in Kingdom Hearts II as a villain in Beast's Castle, and spends his time in the game attempting to plunge Beast into despair in the hopes of turning him into a Heartless and thus creating a Nobody. Xaldin is a playable character in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Mission Mode.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C
Name: Xaldin, The Whirlwind Lancer, Dilan
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Age: No more than 10 years of age, physiologically an adult
Classification: Nobody of Dilan, Number III of Organization XIII
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Air Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Flight, Teleportation, Forcefield Creation, Expert Lancer, Telekinesis, Can summon and commands the Dragoon Nobodies, Can create portals between worlds
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level (Capable of taking on Mid-Game Sora and Beast who a year before fought Xemnas in Radiant Garden in KH1, said to be the 3rd most powerful member of Organization XIII along with Lexaeus according to Tetsuya Nomura [with Roxas at his full potential being the 2nd strongest and Xemnas being the 1st and most powerful], making him above Marluxia, Axel, Luxord, and even Saix)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Able to keep up with Mid-Game Sora)
Lifting Strength: Class M+
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class (Traded blows with Mid-Game Sora)
Range: Extended melee range with lances. Tens of meters with Dragon Lance.
Standard Equipment: Lindworm, a set of six lances that he controls telekinetically or hold them in his hands
Intelligence: Xaldin, as the third most powerful member of the Organization alongside Lexaeus, is a force to be reckoned with in combat. He relies on telekinetic and wind attacks for furious and powerful chains of attacks, never giving his opponents a chance to breathe. As a Dragoon, he specializes in aerial attacks, coming down on his foes from above with powerful dives and keeping himself cloaked in Aero magic to grant himself constant flight. In addition to his fearsome combat prowess, he is also skilled in psychological exploitation, constantly taunting and demeaning his foes to get to slip up and give in to their inner darkness, being charged by Xemnas himself to turn Beast into a Heartless.
Weaknesses: Xaldin relies on his lances for attack as well as defense, so he's left wide open should his initial assault be deflected, Xaldin is something of a pessimist but is also a sadist in combat, must be hardpressed to use his Limit Break.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
- Aero: Xaldin is extremely accomplished in the use of this magic, utilizing it for sustained flight and firing powerful blasts of compressed wind as projectiles. In addition, he is able to create a barrier of wind in wind to deflect all incoming attacks, greatly reducing the damage he takes for as long as this barrier remains active.
- Air Bullets: Xaldin rapidly spins his spears in front of him in a circle, deflecting incoming attacks and firing homing bursts of compressed air as projectiles. However, these bullets are rather slow and easily blocked.
- Dragon's Breath: One of Xaldin's desperation attacks, he shapes his lances into the shape of a dragon which "breathes" a powerful blast of wind that sweeps across the battlefield.
- Dragoon's Storm: Xaldin's Limit Break in which he viciously whips his lances around his surroundings, deterring incoming melee attackers and tearing apart those foolish enough to approach him before he brings his weapons down to impale his foes.
- Jump: Xaldin quickly ascends out of sight before coming down on his opponent at high speeds to impale them. Even if the opponent manages to dodge the attack, the resulting shockwave will blow them backward and leave them open to additional attacks.
- Sweeping Spears: Xaldin swings his lances in front of him to brush aside foes who attempt to close the distance between them.