The White Mage is one of the Warriors of Light destined to restore light to the Crystals and save the world from the wrath of the Four Fiends. A peaceful healer and a pious cleric by nature, she is able to heal the wounded and exorcise the undead with her powerful White Magic, keeping her allies healthy and shielding them from harm with her vast repertoire of supportive spells. While melee combat is not her forte, she will not hesitate to defend herself with a staff or a hammer if forced to battle.
Powers and Stats
Name: The White Mage of Light
Origin: Final Fantasy I
Gender: Female (in the official novelization the White Mage is a female, there's a lot of debate over the White Mage's gender)
Classification: Human/Hero of Prophecy/The Warrior of Light, White Mage/White Wizard
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Energy Blasts (in the form of Holy), Light Manipulation (via Dia), Teleportation (via Exit), Doppleganger Creation (via Blink), Healing (Mid-Low via regeneration scale, in the form of Cure, Heal and Life), Barrier Creation (via Protect, Shell and NulAll), Invisibility (via Invis, can also make allies invisible via Invisira), Mind Manipulation (via Fear), Capable of removing barriers, Can stop her opponents from using magic, Can eliminate status ailments, Can breathe underwater (via Oxyale)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Kept pace with Gilgamesh)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman+
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level
Range: Extended melee range with weapons, much higher with magic
Standard Equipment: War Hammer, Robe, Armlet, Crystal, Oxyale, various restorative items such as Potions (which heal her), Ethers (restores her magical reserves), and Echo Grass (which can allow her to speak again if somehow silenced).
Intelligence: Skilled mage and combatant, bested Garland in mortal combat, previously Cornelia's greatest Knight (of which was implied to be worth the entirety of Cornelia's remaining military might alone due to the Kingdom's failure to rescue Princess Sara themselves), fairly competent at problem solving with little information available
Weaknesses: The White Mage cannot cast her spells if she is somehow prevented from speaking.
- Blink: The White Mage creates afterimages and illusions that make it incredibly difficult to track and strike her.
- Blindna: The White Mage cures herself or an ally of blindness or any other effect that would obscure their vision.
- Curaja: The White Mage fully heals any wounds she or an ally has sustained for as long as they are still alive.
- Diaja: The White Mage bathes the area with holy light to quickly exorcise the undead.
- Dispel: The White Mage removes any and all status buffs and enchantments the target may have.
- Fear: The White Mage instills terror in her foes' minds, forcing them to flee the battle.
- Healaga: The White Mage quickly heals a moderate amount of the injuries she and her allies have sustained.
- Holy: The ultimate White Magic spell, unleashing a burst of pure holy magic to deal massive damage to all foes in range.
- Invisra: The White Mage shrouds herself and her allies in a series of afterimages that make them incredibly difficult to strike with physical attacks.
- Null All: The White Mage halves the effectiveness of all elemental spells and cuts the likeliness of status effects like poison, time stopping, and paralysis while nullifying instant-death abilities.
- Poisona: The White Mage cures herself or an ally of the effects of debilitating poison.
- Protera: The White Mage creates a barrier shields herself and her allies from physical attacks.
- Silence: The White Mage mutes her foe, preventing them from using verbal spells.
Note: This profile assumes the White Mage of Light is the White Wizard class from the original game.