War is the main protagonist of Darksiders. He is the youngest of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and a Nephilim.
Powers and Stats
Name: War, Rider of the Red Horse, The Red Rider
Classification: Nephilim, Horseman of the Apocalypse
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Flight, Regeneration (Low-Mid), Space Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Berserker Form (Chaos form makes him invulnerable and greatly improves his damage), Summoning, Blade Manifestation, Portal Creation, Can see through illusions
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: City Block Class
Durability: City Block level (Regeneration, immortality and the nature of his berserk form makes him difficult to kill)
Stamina: Very high
Range: Extended melee range with weapons. Tens of meters with attacks.
Standard Equipment: War acquires various items which aid him during his quest.
- Chaoseater: An immensely powerful blade that the Red Horseman carries into every battle for judgment in the never-ending war between the kingdoms of Heaven and Hell, Chaoseater is the first weapon one acquires in the game.
- Crossblade: The Crossblade is a four bladed ranged weapon which spins into enemies in a similar way to a throwing star.
- Tremor Gauntlet: The Tremor Gauntlet is a multipurpose weapon that can be utilized as a means of attack, to destroy blue rock barriers or to hurl forward a large object currently being dragged.
- Scythe: The Scythe is War's first of two secondary weapons. The other one being the Tremor Gauntlet.
- Earthcaller: A mystic horn capable of knocking back enemies and waking Tormented Gates.
- Mercy: One of Strife's handguns that War wields.
- Abyssal Chain: An enchanted gauntlet that fires a spear tipped chain, allowing War to pull things towards him or pull himself towards his target.
- Voidwalker: An artifact that can create portals in particular surfaces.
- Mask of Shadows: A mask that allows War to see into the Shadow Realm and interact with objects hidden there.
Intelligence: Death has pointed out, within the Abomination Vault, that War is indeed much more intelligent than Death.
Weaknesses: Sometimes loses control of himself during the thrill of a battle and his seals prevents him from being at full power.
- Shadowflight: A power that causes wings of shadow to appear from War's back so he can glide a limited distance.
- Chronomancer: A power that allows War to slow time using Chronospheres.
- Wrath Powers: Several powers War is able to use which can be purchased and upgraded.
- Chaos Form: War is able to transform into a large, powerful, fiery creature.