War is the main protagonist of Darksiders. He is the youngest of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and a Nephilim.
Powers and Stats
Name: War, also known as "Rider of the Red Horse", "The Red Rider"
Age: Unknown. At least 300 years old
Classification: Nephilim, Horseman of the Apocalypse
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Flight, Regeneration (Low-Mid), Summoning, Blade Manifestation, Portal Creation (Via Voidwalker), Berserker Form (Chaos form makes him invulnerable and greatly improves his damage), Statistics Amplification (Via Stoneskin), Spatial Manipulation, Limited Attack Reflection (Via Block Counter), Time Deceleration (Via Chronomancer), Hellfire Manipulation (Via Immolation), Absorption, (Via Bloodthirst), Soul Manipulation, Disease Manipulation and Homing Attack (Via Affliction), Can see through illusions
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Can pick up cars with relative ease)
Striking Strength: City Block Class
Durability: City Block level (Regeneration, immortality and the nature of his berserk form makes him difficult to kill)
Stamina: Very high
Range: Extended melee range with weapons. Tens of meters with ranged weapons.
Standard Equipment: War acquires various items which aid him during his quest.
- Chaoseater: An immensely powerful blade that the Red Horseman carries into every battle for judgment in the never-ending war between the kingdoms of Heaven and Hell.
- Crossblade: The Crossblade is a four bladed ranged weapon which spins into enemies in a similar way to a throwing star.
- Tremor Gauntlet: The Tremor Gauntlet is a multipurpose weapon that can be utilized as a means of attack, or to hurl forward a large object currently being dragged.
- Scythe: The Scythe is War's first of two secondary weapons. The other one being the Tremor Gauntlet.
- Earthcaller: A mystic horn capable of knocking back enemies and waking Tormented Gates.
- Mercy: One of Strife's handguns that War wields.
- Abyssal Chain: An enchanted gauntlet that fires a spear tipped chain, allowing War to pull things towards him or pull himself towards his target.
- Voidwalker: An artifact that can create portals in particular surfaces.
- Mask of Shadows: A mask that allows War to see into the Shadow Realm and interact with objects hidden there.
Intelligence: Very high. Can quickly figure out all the puzzles in various dungeons, and has completely mastered the use of weapons made from different races with little to no practice. Has centuries of combat experience
Weaknesses: Sometimes loses control of himself during the thrill of a battle and his seals prevents him from being at full power.
- Shadowflight: A power that causes wings of shadow to appear from War's back so he can glide a limited distance.
- Chronomancer: A power that allows War to slow time using Chronospheres.
- Chaos Form: War is able to transform into a large, powerful, fiery creature.
- Block Counter: War can counter physical and projectile attacks the moment before the attack lands at him.
- Ruin: War can summon his stead to aid him in battle.
- Blade Geyser: War stabs the ground, where numerous amount of blades surrounds him to damage all the enemies around him.
- Stoneskin: War engulfs himself in hard substance, which increases his defensive and offensive capabilities.
- Immolation: War engulfs himself in hellfire, causing passive hellfire damage to anyone near him.
- Affliction: War summons a sickly serpent that homes in on nearby enemies to deal massive damage to the victim.
- Bloodthirst: War gains health by dealing damage to his enemies.
- Hellfire: War deals bonus fire damage to his enemies.
Note: This profile covers his restricted state.