|“||Everyone's grown so much… And now we'll get to see just what we all can do. Standing here facing you again gives me chills… But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore. My Pokémon have given me the courage and strength to fight. I have to win for their sake! So get ready… Here I come!||„|
|~ Wally before battling the player|
Wally is one of the player's rivals in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire as well as their remakes, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. He is a meek and sickly young boy who aspires to become a great Pokemon Trainer, having covered his entire room and filled multiple notebooks with information on strategy and raising Pokemon. Over the course of his journey, he gains confidence and a stronger constitution, eventually amassing a powerful Pokémon team and defeating every Gym Leader in the Hoenn region before the player does. He then goes on to battle the player right before they go on to challenge the Pokemon League. Although he lost, he refused to let go of his dream, becoming even stronger and regularly challenging the player at the Battle Resort.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-C. 10-B by the end of the game | Low 7-C | Likely 7-A | At least 7-A | At least 7-A, likely higher | At least High 7-A
Name: Wally, Mitsuru in the original Japanese version
Age: Pre-adolescence (Is somewhat younger than the player)
Classification: Pokemon Trainer
Powers and Abilities: None | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Teleportation, Plant Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Very limited Probability Manipulation | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Air Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Forcefield, Energy Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Darkness Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, Regeneration (Low to Mid-Low) Poison Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Metal Manipulation, Martial Arts | Same | Darkness Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Absorption, Fire Manipulation, Flight, Air Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Metal Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Martial Arts
Attack Potency: Below Average level (Is a sickly boy). Average Human level by the end of the game (Gained a stronger constitution and is able to trek through harsh environments like the volcanic ash laden peak of Mt. Chimney and the cavernous Victory Road without much issue) | Small Town level+ (Lost to Brendan right before he was going to challenge Wattson) | Likely Mountain level (Comparable to an end game Brendan, who just had defeated Wallace's Milotic. Stronger team than the leaders of Magma and Aqua) | At least Mountain level (Stronger than the Hoenn Elite Four) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Comparable to Steven, who battled other champions of this level, Can battle the player's end-game team on relatively even terms) | At least Small Island level (Stronger than before, comparable to Cynthia and Anabel)
Speed: Normal Human | At least Subsonic (Slighty slower than Wattson) | Supersonic (Vastly faster than before) | Likely Supersonic+ (Comparable to Brendan as he was going to the Elite Four, and as he's about to fight Steven) | Supersonic+ (Can take blows from people on Steven's level) | At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely higher (Comparable to Cynthia and Anabel)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Below Average Class. Human Class | Small Town Class+ | Likely Mountain Class | At least Mountain Class | At least Mountain Class, likely higher | Small Island Class
Durability: Below Average level. Human level at the end of the game | Small Town level+ | Likely Mountain level | At least Mountain level, likely higher | At least Small Island level
Stamina: Low by himself. High with his Pokemon.
Range: Varies between Standard Melee Range and Several Kilometers
Standard Equipment: His Pokeballs
Intelligence: High (Is a certified trainer)
Weaknesses: None notable
- Teleport: Ralts teleports away from danger.
- Magical Leaf: Ralts releases several leaves that will chase the foe until they successfully slash them.
- Lucky Chant: Ralts chants an incantation to ward off danger, nullifying aggressors' attempts to strike its vitals.
- Disarming Voice: Ralts releases an endearing cry that shakes the target emotionally, dealing damage and being impossible to dodge unless the target is deaf or immune to sound-based attacks.
Victory Road and Third Battle
- Steadfast: Gallade's resolve allows him to hold fast after being forced to flinch, increasing his speed soon afterward.
- Inner Focus: Mega Gallade's resolve allows him to resist attempts to stop his attacks, preventing him from flinching.
- Psycho Cut: Gallade slashes the target with a blade made from psychic energy, honed to go after the target's vitals.
- Close Combat: Gallade rushes the target and assails them with a flurry of blows and no regard for its own well-being, dealing heavy damage at the cost of leaving Gallade's defenses wide open.
- Slash: Gallade slashes at its targets vitals with his arm blade.
- Swords Dance: Gallade performs a frenetic dance that greatly sharpens his blades and overall attack strength.
- Sturdy: Magneton's and Magnezone's construction allows it to resist one attack that would instantly incapacitate it, remaining active with just enough energy to continue fighting.
- Screech: Magneton or Magnezone lets out an ear-splitting screech to force its opponent to lower their guard.
- Discharge: Magneton or Magnezone unleashes a flare of electricity to strike all nearby foes. The resulting static charge is likely to paralyze the targets' muscles.
- Tri-Attack: Magneton or Magnazone fires a triple beam attack that can burn, paralyze, or freeze the target.
- Flash Cannon: Magneton or Magnezone gathers light energy and fires it as a powerful beam, drilling into the opponent's defenses to lower their resistance to subsequent attacks.
- Natural Cure: Altaria is able to cleanse itself of burns, poison, paralysis, and freezing after retreating from battle.
- Aerial Ace: Altaria slams into the target after conducting a series of difficult flying maneuvers, rendering this attack nearly impossible to dodge.
- Safeguard: Altaria generates a forcefield that wards off status effects. In the anime, this forcefield also disperses enemy attacks.
- Dragon Pulse: Altaria fires a beam of draconic energy to damage the target.
- Cotton Guard: Altaria wraps himself in fluffy cotton, greatly reducing the power of enemy physical attacks.
- Cute Charm: Delcatty's cute appearance allows her to infatuate foes that strike her in physical combat.
- Sing: Delcatty sings a soothing lullaby that puts her foe to sleep.
- Charm: Delcatty charms the target with her cute appearance, lowering their will to fight and subsequently their attack power.
- Disarming Voice: Delcatty releases an endearing cry that shakes the target emotionally, dealing damage and being impossible to dodge unless the target is deaf or immune to sound-based attacks.
- Feint Attack: Delcatty attacks the target with a stealthy blow that's extremely difficult to dodge.
- Poison Point: Roselia's and Roserade's briers will poison foes who attempt to attack her in physical combat.
- Synthesis: Roselia or Roserade performs rapid photosynthesis to quickly heal her injuries.
- Leech Seed: Roselia or Roserade launches several seeds that embed themselves in the target, draining the nutrients out of their body and sending them to Roselia, healing her overtime.
- Petal Blizzard: Roselia or Roserade batters everything around it with a massive flurry of petals.
- Toxic: Roselia or Roserade releases an extremely potent poison that gradually increases in effectiveness over time, only stopping once the target is completely incapacitated.
- Leaf Blade: Gallade extends his arm blades with verdant energy before slashing at the target's vitals.
- Air Balloon: Magnezone is kept suspended high in the air by a light balloon, allowing it easily dodge any attack that involves manipulating the ground. However, the balloon can be easily popped with any damaging attack.
- Thunder Wave: Magnezone releases a weak jolt of electricity that paralyzes the target.
- Reflect: Magnezone erects a forcefield that greatly reduces the damage its allies take from physical attacks.
- Bright Powder: Roserade holds a sack of brightly shining powder that reflects light into her foes' eyes, throwing off their aim and greatly lowering their accuracy.
- Shadow Ball: Roserade fires off a ball of ghostly energy to damage the target and lower their resistance to ranged attacks.
- Poison Jab: Roserade stabs the target with a brier steeped with a virulent toxin to damage and poison them.
- Rocky Helmet: Garchomp is equipped with a rock-embedded helmet that damages those that strike it in close combat.
- Rough Skin: Garchomp's rough skin damages those that come into contact with it.
- Dragon Claw: Garchomp slashes the target with claws imbued with draconic energy.
- Crunch: Garchomp deeply bites into the target, reducing their physical defense in the process.
- Earthquake: Garchomp sets off an earthquake that deals heavy damage to everything around her.
- Stone Edge: Garchomp impales her target from below with jagged, sharpened rocks.
- Assault Vest: Azumarill wears a vest that greatly reduces damage from ranged attacks.
- Aqua Jet: Azumarill rockets towards his target while shrouded with water to catch them by surprise.
- Aqua Tail: Azumarill slams the target with his tail while shrouded with water like a tidal wave.
- Play Rough: Azumarill plays rough with the target. The exchange can reduce the target's physical strength.
- Iron Tail: Azumarill makes his tail as hard as steel and smashes through the target's physical defenses.
- Life Orb: Talonflame holds an orb that increases the damage he deals in exchange for exhausting his life energy in combat.
- Gale Wings: Talonflame can move at blistering speeds well above his normal limits while using Flying-type moves, allowing him to catch foes off guard.
- Brave Bird: Talonflame tucks in his wings and slams into the target from below, dealing heavy damage but inflicting a proportional amount of recoil damage to Talonflame at the same time.
- Flare Blitz: Talonflame wreaths himself in fire and rushes into the target to deal heavy damage to the target and a proportional amount of damage to himself.
- Talonflame: Talonflame turns his wings into organic steel before slamming them into the target.
- Tailwind: Talonflame causes a massive gust to blow in behind him and his allies, greatly raising their effective speed.
- Key: By Himself | Mauville City | Victory Road | Third Battle | Fourth Battle | Battle Tree