|“||Battles are cruel…? The words of pansies with no strength. You can only curse your own weakness!||„|
Waldstein is a playable character in Under Night In-Birth. Waldstein was one of the members of Licht Kreis until he met Kuon, a member of Night Blade in which Waldstein then joined. There he met Linne, the Princess of the Night Blade. When Night Blade fell apart Waldstein followed Linne and listened to her every order. One day Linne took a high schooler by the name of Hyde under her wing. Linne and Waldstein trained Hyde to be able to survive in the Hollow Night until eventually Linne left on a mission to fight someone named Paradox. Linne ordered Waldstein to serve as a distraction to Paradox's minions. Waldstein did so, until he eventually entered Paradox's lair upon noticing that Linne hadn't come back.
Waldstein is a battle driven man who has lived for much longer than Linne. He often spews out information without thinking and fights for almost no reason. However, Waldstein is very caring for Linne and listens to her every order.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-C, possibly higher
Name: Waldstein (English), Warenshutain (Japanese), Old Man Wald
Origin: Under Night In-Birth
Age: Unspecified, older than Linne who is hundreds of years old.
Powers and Abilities: Claws (Has large claws as weapons), Never ending life (Cannot die unless killed), Immense Strength (uses the EXS of Mountainous Strength), maybe Gravity Manipulation (via Werfen Erschlagen), can destroy projectiles with his claws, Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Lifting Strength: Peak human (Can lift himself in VS mode)
Striking Strength: Town Class, likely higher (Can smash roads with his strength)
Durability: At least Town level (Can survive Godslay/God Mower and Gyre Vortex), possibly higher
Stamina: Very high; shows no sign of tiring in combat
- EXS of Mountainous Strength: Hecatoncheir: Increases Waldstein's strength (always on).
- Iron Claws "The Destroyers" (English) Strong Iron Claws: Crushing Army (Japanese): Custom clawed gauntlets made by Waldstein for himself. He wears them almost all the time and takes them off on a few occasions, such as when he was holding an unconscious Linne. These claws can destroy any incoming projectiles.
Intelligence: Absent-minded, fights almost 24/7, over hundreds of years worth of experience.
Weaknesses: Slow attacks, relies on grabbing his opponents, high cool down between attacks, always wants to fight
Feats: Gained a meteor effect while using Werfen Erschlagen, sensed Kuon's presence, was always able to find Linne no matter what body she took, his attacks caused large chunks of road to fly everywhere, causes shockwaves upon landing.
- Felsen Vulf: Waldstein grabs a large chunk of the ground and throws it.
- Eisen Naegel: A frenzy of slashes with his claws. Easily destroys projectiles.
- Wirbelwind: Waldstein moves forward while spinning in a tornado motion.
- Drehen Durchbohren: Waldstein grabs his opponent and leaps into the air with them spinning then smashes them into the ground.
- Verderben: Waldstein grabs his opponent and smashes them into the closest wall.
- Werfen Erchlagen: Waldstein grabs his opponent and slams them into the ground, he then proceeds to body slam them. The body slam gives him a flaming meteor effect.
- Katastrophe: Waldstein grabs his opponent and takes them into the air, when he comes back down he is holding his opponent and they gained a meteor effect. He slams them into the ground causing a large pillar of magma to burst from the ground and causing cracks in the whole area with the light of magma being shown. Nothing is there except the blackness of the ground the cracks of magma leading to a large hole where the large plume of magma is shown.
Blood Type: A