Wailord is a Water-type Pokémon based off of the blue whale. It was introduced in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire and is currently the largest Pokémon in existence. It evolves from Wailmer at level 40.
Powers and Stats
Classification: Whale, Float Whale Pokémon, Water-type Pokémon
Lifting Strength: Class 100
Striking Strength: Island Class (Can attack with its body)
Durability: Island level (Can take hits from other members of its species)
Range: Several hundred meters due to size, tens of kilometers with most attacks.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above average (Pokémon are much smarter than average animals, and are naturally capable battlers)
Weaknesses: Grass and Electric-type moves.
- Water Veil: Wailord can't be burned.
- Oblivious: Wailord can't be confused or infatuated.
- Pressure: Wailord makes the opponent expend twice as much energy, tiring them out twice as quickly.
- Heavy Slam: Wailord slams into the opponent with all of its weight. It does more or less damage depending on how much the opponent weighs in comparison to Wailord.
- Splash: Wailord splashes. It does nothing.
- Growl: Wailord lets out a growl, which lowers the attack of the enemies who hear.
- Water Gun: Wailord shoots water at the opponent.
- Rollout: Wailord rolls into the opponent, and the attack increases in strength with each hit.
- Whirlpool: Wailord creates a whirlpool, which traps the opponent in it.
- Astonish: Wailord attacks the foe while shouting in a startling fashion. It may also make the target flinch.
- Water Pulse: Wailord attacks with ultrasonic waves that may confuse the opponent.
- Mist: Wailord creates a misty smokescreen that also prevents statuses.
- Rest: Wailord falls asleep and heals itself.
- Brine: Wailord attacks with a burst of water that does twice the damage when the opponent is at half health.
- Water Spout: Wailord shoots a powerful spurt of water out of its spout that does more damage depending on how much health Wailord has.
- Amnesia: Wailord clears its mind and raises its defense to ranged/special attacks.
- Dive: Wailord dives 10,000 ft underwater, and attacks later.
- Bounce: Wailord bounces in the air and slams into the opponent.
- Hydro Pump: Wailord releases a deadly torrent of water to strike the opponent.