Giotto (ジョット, Jotto) is the founder of the Vongola Famiglia; thus, its first Boss. He is also the creator of the Zero Point Breakthrough technique. After his retirement, he moved to Japan and started a family. He is the paternal great-great-great grandfather of Tsuna, who has repeatedly been shown to be similar to him, as they have the same weapon and techniques (including the Zero Point Breakthrough), almost identical appearances, and equally unorthodox Famiglias (the First Famiglia included aristocrats, military men, rival mafiosos and religious people). Their Guardians are quite similar as well: Yamamoto, Hibari, Mukuro, Lambo, Gokudera, and Ryohei have already been shown to be very much like their first predecessors in appearance, weapon of choice, and personality.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A
Name: Vongola Primo (True name is Giotto Sawada)
Origin: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Classification: Human, Mafia Boss, 1st Vongola Boss
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, True Flight, Hyper Intuition (Essentially Precognition), Manipulation over the Sky Flame attribute, Has the ability to freeze his enemies with his Zero Point Breakthrough (This ice was stated to be only melted with a strong Dying Will Flame)
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Large City Class
Durability: At least Large City level
Stamina: Very high (Vastly superior to Tsuna)
- I-Gloves: A pair of special combat Gloves used by the Vongola Primo, Giotto. These are the same as Tsuna's X Gloves, being able to ignite the Dying Will Flame, which allows for propulsion. When Tsuna's using X-Gloves Version Vongola Ring to do the Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition, an I appears on the back of the X-Gloves to indicate that it is the First's technique.
- Mantello di Vongola Primo: Giotto wears a long, black Cloak that releases Sky Flames. The Cloak also has the ability to nullify Attacks. His Cloak, which is later used by Tsuna's Box Weapon's Cambio Difesa, is attached to his I-Gloves and bears a metal plate that bears the Roman Numeral I.
- Mitena di Vongola Primo: As with the First's Cloak, the Gauntlet also has the roman numeral I on it. It is said that Vongola Primo could focus all of his power into a single point. This was so powerful it is said that his gloves would even change form which is resembles Tsuna's gauntlet which was used against Byakuran.
- Sky Vongola Ring: This Ring is proof of being the Vongola sky boss before passing it on to Vongola Secondo. He sealed the Sky Ring along with the rest of the Vongola Rings to make sure they would be passed on to the next Vongola Boss.
- Vongola Rings: Giotto received the entire set of Vongola Rings even before he founded the Vongola Famiglia from Sepira, which he distributed among his Guardians and eventually passed on to the next generations of Bosses and Guardians.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Vongola Hyper Intuition: This ability allows the user to predict upcoming attacks. Primo was seen using this ability to dodge a bullet.
- Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition: (零地点突破: ファースト エディション, Zero Chiten Toppa: Faasuto Edishon) The technique is used by Vongola Primo, Vongola Nono, and Vongola Decimo. It takes Giotto to be in the opposite state of the Hyper Dying Will State to create ice, which is highly negative compressed energy that can seal away Dying Will Flames and can only be melted by the Dying Will Flames.