|“||The Ursine cannot know peace without war.||„|
The unforgiving northern reaches of the Freljord are home to the Ursine, a fierce and warlike race that has endured the barren tundra for thousands of years. Their leader is a furious adversary who commands the force of lightning to strike fear within his foes: Volibear. Both a warrior and a mystic, Volibear seeks to defend the ancient ways and the warrior spirit of his tribe.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Volibear, the Thunder's Roar
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his late 40s to early 50s)
Classification: Chieftain of the Ursine, Member of the Winter's Claw, Shaman
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-low, higher with Chosen of the Storm), Electricity Manipulation, Roar instills fear in lesser creatures, Weather Manipulation
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Standard melee range. Extended melee range with Majestic Roar.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above Average (Highly skilled in combat, a skilled leader and military tactician)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Volibear slashes the opponent with his claws. Augmented by Thunder Claws.
- Chosen of the Storm: Volibear periodically regenerates 30% maximum health over 6 seconds when below 30% maximum health.
- Rolling Thunder: Volibear gains 15% bonus movement speed for the next 4 seconds, increased when moving towards a nearby visible enemy champion. For the duration, Volibear's next basic attack deals bonus physical damage and flings his target over and behind himself.
- Frenzy: Volibear gains bonus attack speed for 4 seconds every time he lands a basic attack, stacking up to 3 times. At 3 stacks, Volibear gains the ability to cast Frenzy. When activated, Volibear bites the target enemy, dealing them physical damage that increased by 1% for every 1% of target's missing health. Frenzy's cooldown is halved if it is used on a monster.
- Majestic Roar: Volibear deals magic damage to all nearby enemies and slows them for 3 seconds, fearing minions and monsters for the duration instead.
- Thunder Claws: Volibear deals magic damage to up to 4 nearby enemies. Afterwards, for 12 seconds, Volibear's basic attacks deal the same damage as bonus magic damage that bounces to up to 3 nearby unaffected enemies.
- Sacred Storm: Volibear has shown to be able to channel the Sacred Storm in order to control weather to an extent, but the limit to this is currently unknown.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Shield: Grants bonus health and regeneration, and blocks 8 damage from basic attacks and single target abilities from champions.
- Mercury's Treads: Grants bonus movement speed and magic resistance, and reduces the duration of all crowd control effects by 30%, except for Suppression, Stasis and Airborne effects such as Knockbacks, Knockups and Pulls.
- Cinderhulk Stalker's Blade: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks versus monsters deal 20 bonus damage and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals 30 magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring as much as health.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemies, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Sunfire Cape: Grants bonus health and armor, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies.
- Dead Man's Plate: Grants bonus health and armor. Generates Momentum stacks while moving, granting bonus movement speed. Momentum slowly decays while slowed and decays rapidly while immobilized or pacified. Basic attacks discharge all Momentum, dealing increased damage relative to the amount of Momentum discharged. If maximum stacks are discharged, damage is doubled and slows its target by 50%, decaying over 1 second.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.