|“||I'm a scientist. Experiments are what I do, yes.||„|
Vexen, the Chilly Academic (いてつく学究 Itetsuku Gakkyū?, lit. Freezing Scholar), is the Nobody of Even and is Rank IV within Organization XIII. He controls ice and uses it to command storms and blizzards, freezing his opponents solid, while defending himself with his massive shield.
Vexen was the highest ranking member of the Organization inside Castle Oblivion, but ironically he is the first Organization member to be eliminated. He created the Riku Replica and uses the Replica to carry out several experiments on Riku and Sora. Vexen appears in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. He appears in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days as a playable character in Mission Mode.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C
Name: Vexen, The Chilly Academic, Even, Number IV
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Age: No more than 10 years of age, physiologically an adult
Classification: Nobody of Even, Number IV of Organization XIII
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Darkness Manipulation, Teleportation, Magic, Air Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Expert Shieldbearer, Can create Replicas by gathering data from his opponents via fighting them directly himself or otherwise, Can generate portals to the Corridors of Darkness to hide and travel between worlds
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with Sora and Riku)
Lifting Strength: Class M+
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class
Durability: At least Large Star level (Able to to survive and take hits from Sora and Riku)
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with ice projectiles.
Standard Equipment: Frozen Pride, his shield
Intelligence: True to his title, Vexen is the Organization's foremost researcher, being one of its highest ranked members and conducting experiments involving Sora and his memories for Vexen. This is best exemplified in his most well known invention: Replicas, artificial Nobodies that are copies of other beings, demonstrating their abilities and combat prowess and can even develop personalities and gain hearts like normal Nobodies. He approaches life as if it were a grand experiment, formulating hypotheses and putting them to the test in a logical manner. However, he is arguably the least competent member of the Organization in combat, being the first among them to fall to Sora (but was finished off by Axel) and is reduced to begging for his life in the end. Nevertheless, he is far from incompetent in this regard, giving Sora a number of hard fights with his endless ice projectiles, replica creations, and some skill in melee combat. On the other hand is frequently blinded by hubris, believing his rank to be a sign of authority and power within the Organization, not realizing that he was sent away to be done away with along with the rest and constantly taunting Sora until his demise.
Weaknesses: Vexen is rather arrogant and is somewhat lacking in actual combat experience compared to the other members of the Organization, He needs to be hard pressed to use Diamond Dust and Orbital Ice
- Blizzara: Vexen fires off a homing shard of ice to deal ice-elemental damage.
- Blizzaga: Pillars of ice repeatedly erupt from the ground at Vexen's command, dealing significant ice-damage. This attack is activated very quickly and can be used along with his other attacks.
- Data Stream: Vexen surrounds his opponents in a stream of data, trapping his opponents in a massive block of ice that its difficult to break.
- Diamond Dust: His Limit Break and strongest attack, Vexen will either rapidly generate pillars of ice or entire glaciers to encase and freeze opponents, dealing heavy amounts of ice-elemental damage. Alternatively, he generates a massive blizzard that slows enemies to a crawl and deals continuous damage.
- Freeze: Vexen flash-freezes his target, leaving them vulnerable to further attacks.
- Frozen Shield: Vexen telekinetically controls the Frozen Pride to allow him to gather data, defending him from practically any frontal attack. However, it can be temporarily shattered if struck with a sufficient number of attacks.
- Ice Burn: Vexen freezes the moisture generated by his attacks to generate a layer of ice on the floor, hindering his foes' movements due to the loss of traction.
- Ice Needle: Vexen channels his powers into the ground, causing rows of icicles to rapidly shoot up from the floor in an attempt to impale the opponent, the icicles following their target as they move around.
- Orbital Ice: Arguably Vexen's most devastating attack, when hard-pressed he generates four chunks of ice as large of himself to orbit him, deflecting all incoming attacks as he begins flying after his opponents. The shards deal heavy ice-elemental damage on contact, and can be directed away from him as homing projectiles to chase his foes down should they try to evade.
- Replicas: Vexen utilizes a device that constantly tracks his opponents with a magic circle, recording their data if they do not try to avoid it. Should it absorb a sufficient amount of data, Vexen will be able to create a dark Replica of them to assist him in combat. These copies are hastily made, and are thus shrouded in darkness and feral, but are nevertheless powerful enough to challenge Sora with rapid clawing and lunging attacks, and Vexen can accumulate even more data during the fight to further strengthen the Replica if it is allowed to persist.
- Shield Blow: Vexen slashes his opponent with Frozen Pride's spikes before an icicle rises from below to impale them at the end.
- Slide Break: Vexen forms a massive icicle on the bottom tip of the Frozen Pride before jabbing and slashing the opponent with its increased cutting power and range. He then smashs them into the floor with the icicle's heft, which deals heavy damage but breaks the icicle in the process.
- Snowflake Shuriken: Vexen sends out ice-constructs in the shape of sharply pointed snowflakes, which rotate like buzzsaws and bounce off their surroundings to attack the opponent multiple times.