Vergo is one of the four elite officers of the Donquixote Pirates and a Marine Vice Admiral. He's extremely strong as he was able to fracture Sanji's leg. He has the ablitity to fully coat himself in armament haki to increase both his durability and his AP. He's also the secondary antagonist of the punk hazard arc.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely 7-A
Name: Vergo, epithet “Demon Bamboo Vergo”
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Marine Vice-Admiral
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Strength, Speed, Durability, Agility, Dexterity, Stamina, Adept Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Haki User (Proficient Busoshoku Haki user), Rokushiki Expert (can use Shigan, Geppo, Soru & Tekkai), Pseudo-Flight (via Geppo)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (At least as fast as Diamante and Pica. nearly blitzed Law from over ten meters away), higher with Soru (seeing as how he could momentarily blitz Trafalgar Law from several meters away)
Lifting Strength: Class G+ via powerscaling
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Durability: Mountain level via powerscaling (Smoker, who was capable of matching Vergo's attack power for some time, was unable to deal more than superficial damage to him. With Tekkai, Vergo was capable of withstanding Sanji's Diable Jambe kicks)
Stamina: High (Soldiered on after taking numerous strikes from Smoker. Even just before his death, he showed no signs of fatigue from his battle against Smoker and Law. He can coat his entire body in Busoshoku Haki for brief periods without displaying any signs of exhaustion)
Range: Extended melee range with his bamboo stick; tens of meters with bamboo arrow and shockwaves
Standard Equipment: His bamboo stick which he uses in conjunction with Busoshoku Haki
Intelligence: Shrewd (Skillful enough to deceive the entire Marine force, including the observant Smoker, in hiding his true affiliations, as well as deceiving citizens with pretexts by falsifying the crimes into "accidents at sea") and a very experienced combatant, though quite arrogant.
Weaknesses: Sometimes, he seemed to lapse into moments of witlessness.
Haki (Ambition): A mysterious power which originates from an individual's spirit. Haki is separated into three categories, or "colors": Kenbunshoku Haki, which grants users a sixth sense of the world around them and limited precognitive abilities; Busoshoku Haki, which allows the user to use their spirit as armor to defend against attacks or to make their own attacks more potent; and Haoshoku Haki, a rare type of Haki only one in a million can use which grants the user the ability to overpower the will of others.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): Vergo has the capacity to coat his entire body and weapon with Busoshoku: Koka, giving them a jet-black appearance and increasing his physical capacity immensely.
- Oni Take (Demon Bamboo): The source of his nickname, Vergo imbues his bamboo stick with Busoshoku Haki, turning it jet black and incredibly hard, and then strikes down his foe. This attack was powerful enough to create a shockwave that dented several layers of steel in front of him.
Rokushiki: A special, superhuman martial arts style.
- Geppo (Moon Step): allows the users to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. Vergo can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set themselves up for swift, aerial attacks.
- Shigan (Finger Gun): A close-quarter combat technique, in which the user pushes their finger into a certain target at a very high speed, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. He Shigan's shape is derived from the shape of the finger, hence the hit of Shigan will have more of an impact on Luffy's rubber body (which normally reflects bullets) if it is sharper than the round bullet and resembles more modern bullets.
- Soru (Shave): allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye
- Tekkai (Iron Mass): hardens the users' muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage taken from attacks. However, it can be broken by strong enough forces.