Vagnosaurus is an ancient kaiju created by Toho that first appeared in the 1998 video game, Godzilla: Trading Battle.
Cells of an ancient dinosaur lay dormant deep within the ocean, before the shifting of the Earth's crust caused them to come in contact and fuse with various underwater organisms, such as deep-sea water snakes. Over time, this amalgam grew large enough to attract parasites, which it willingly allowed to feast on its energy, eventually making the parasites part of its body. This process repeated until it became its current form of Vagnosaurus. is a Godzilla enemy.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A, possibly Higher
Name: Vagnosaurus, Toxic Deep Sea Monster
Classification: Kaiju, Mutated Dinosaur
Speed: Supersonic+ (Comparable to Balkzardan)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Weighs 70,000 metric tons, Can throw around kaiju as heavy as Barugaron)
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class, possibly Higher
Durability: At least Mountain level, possibly Higher
Range: Extended melee range, Hundreds of meters with ranged attacks
Standard Equipment: Parasites
Weaknesses: None notable
- Hammer Tail: Vagnosaurus's signature move and most powerful attack. Vagnosaurus arches its back and swings its massive tail downward, smashing its target with tremendous force. It then scoops the stunned foe onto its tail and flings them away with such strength that the earth cracks as they land.
- Tongue Whip: A physical attack consisting of multiple strikes. The long tongues hidden in Vagnosaurus's back polyps emerge and whip the opponent several times. While not very powerful, this attack is still useful in keeping adversaries at bay with a constant barrage of thrashing tongues.
- Poison Fog: A deadly projectile attack. Four of the polyps on Vagnosaurus's back open and spew a purple fog, which suffocates the foe in a spreading mist of toxic air. The fog's toxicity is incredibly powerful, and is only made more potent with the additional effects of the various creatures Vagnosaurus is comprised of.
- Nest Snatch: A situational attack that requires nearby water. Using either its arms or tail, Vagnosaurus latches onto its opponent and drags them deep underwater to drown them. Whether the enemy monster lives or not, Vagnosaurus leaves the area, disengaging from the fight.
- Parasite Assimilation: Vagnosaurus gives its own biological energy to parasites attracted to it, then makes the parasites part of its body, increasing Vagnosaurus's size and making it more powerful. This bizarre assimilation is used primarily on smaller leeching creatures and doesn't affect larger monsters.