In Chapter 376 of Toriko, the Eight Kings assemble together, and a fight between all of them begins, drastically altering the environment around them.
And then this happens...
Step 1. Finding the size of the Planet
In the picture above, it is stated that the planet is about 659 times its original area. Since the shape of a planet is a circle,
- Radius of Earth = 6370km
- Surface area of Earth = 5.1e8 km^2
- Surface area of growing planet = 659 x [5.1e8 km^2] = 3.3609e11 km^2
Now, we can find the radius from the surface area of the growing planet here. Let's see...
- Surface area = 4 x [Pi] x [Radius^2] = 3.3609e11 km^2
- Pi = ~3.1416
- Radius = Sqrt[[3.3609e11 km^2] / [4 x Pi]] = ~163540 km
- Diameter = Radius x 2 = 327080 km
The diameter of the planet in this scenario is 327080 km in size.
Step 2. Finding Distance Beam Traveled
From the previous step, we get the diameter of the planet to be 327080 km. We can find the distance the laser beam traveled from there.
- Planet size = 84px = 327080 km
- Distace beam traveled = 394.8px = 1537276 km [low end]
- 2atan[tan[70/2]*[object size = 51px/panel height = 625px]] = 0.07729 rad, or 4.428 deg
- Size = 327080 km
- Distance = 4230100 km [high end]
Step 3. Scaling Beam Width
- Person length = 41.2px = 2m [can be adjusted]
- Beam width = 224.62px = 10.904m
- Person length = 93.34px = 2m [can be adjusted]
- Beam width = 460.5px = 9.687m
Huh? And I thought the person in question was actually pushed away by the beam?
Perhaps this is just a drawing issue, so we'll assume that he only moved 1cm, or 0.01m away after the beam had left.
Using freefall calculator, I get a timeframe of 0.04516 seconds.
Using the low-end distance of 1537276 km, we can find the velocity for it.
Velocity = [Distance = 1537276 km]/[Time = 0.04516 seconds] = 34040655.45km/s. 113.47 C. Massively FTL.