|“||I am Ultimecia. Time shall compress... All existence denied.||„|
|~ Ultimecia before facing the heroes for the final time|
The primary antagonist of Final Fantasy VIII, Ultimecia is an immensely powerful Sorceress who seeks to compress all of space and time into herself to become a "living god". For this purpose, she sent her consciousness back in time to possess every Sorceress who ever lived, shaping history through their natural control of magic and cast Time Compression in an attempt to avert her fate of being defeated by "the Legendary SeeD". Ironically enough, her attempt to avert destiny is what seals her fate in the end, as the portals opened by the spell allow Squall and co. to confront her directly in the future and defeat her once and for all.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 3-C | At least 3-C | Low 2-C
Orgin: Final Fantasy VIII
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Summoning, Time Manipulation (Upwards of universal scale), Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind and Earth variety), Energy Blasts, Flight, Poison Manipulation, Transmutation, Possession (Though she needs Junction Machine Ellone to do this across time, she's likely able to do so on her own without said machine), Telekinesis, Teleportation, Telepathy (Able to rip thoughts and knowledge straight from the minds of others), Life Creation (Created Griever from Squall's imagination and gave life to previously lifeless stone Gargoyles), Intangibility, Shapeshifting, Forcefield Creation
Attack Potency: Galaxy level (Stronger than Eden, her power combined with Sorceress Adel's was more than sufficient to enact Time Compression, The only thing she couldn't achieve without the aid of Ellone's mental time travel was the ability to cast the spell in two eras far enough apart simultaneously) | At least Galaxy level (Griever's power and her own have been combined, effectively doubling her strength) | Universe level+ (She has effectively become all space-time of the universe)
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Class Y+ (Can move multiple planet-sized masses) | Immeasurable
Striking Strength: Unknown | At least Galactic | Universal+
Durability: Galaxy level | At least Galaxy level | Universe level+
Stamina: Extremely high (Was able to continue to use Time Compression while trying to fight off the heroes, has a virtually endless supply of magic at her disposal)
Range: Intergalactic | Universal+ (Time Compression came about due to her own raw power combined with Sorceress Adel's, no prep was regarded in terms of needing more power she didn't previously possess however)
Standard Equipment: Griever, a powerful summon based on Squall's image of the ultimate GF that she can junction with in combat.
Intelligence: Due to possessing every Sorceress in history, Ultimecia boasts a massive repository of magical spells to use at her choosing, including the mighty Apocalypse. Having orchestrated the events of history for centuries, she is also master of subterfuge and manipulation, convincing the president of Galbadia to make her the nation's diplomat and enticing the initially hostile Seifer Almasy to her side as her Sorceress Knight before taking over the country and starting a war to further her plot. Her only downfall was the fact that she overlooked the possibility of the heroes using her Time Compression to journey to the future to face her personally, showing that while she is patient and calculating she can also overlook certain things in her haste to finish her machinations, as proven by the end of the game in which she transfers her consciousness into Sorceress Edea, creating the time loop in which she is always defeated by the Legendary SeeD, Squall Leonhart.
Weaknesses: In her final form, her casting of Apocalypse can be interrupted if her lower half is destroyed before she finishes. She is somewhat arrogant and is unable to foresee the specifics of her future.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
- Apocalypse: The single mightiest offensive spell, creating magical sigils that erupt in a catastrophic burst of light, dealing twice the damage of Ultima, which was thought to be the strongest spell by most magic users.
- Great Attractor: Ultimecia uses this attack in her Griever form, unleashing chains of light that latch onto several planets and planetoids from across the solar system, pulling them into her targets to crush them. In Dissidia, she instead conjures a small planet in front of her before firing it at high speed.
- Hell's Judgment: Reduces her foes HP (Vitality) to 1, leaving them vulnerable to being felled by any of her next attacks regardless of their actual durability.
- Maelstrom: Evokes scourging winds that reduce her foes to a third of their maximum vitality, cursing them so that they are unable to use their strongest abilities.
- Meltdown: Unleashes a burst of flame that deals significant fire-elemental damage before inflicting Vit 0/Break, dramatically reducing her opponent's durability.
- Shockwave Pulsar: Ultimecia has Griever encase her foes in light before bringing them to an enclosed dimension which they promptly detonate in a massive explosion. In Dissidia, Ultimecia uses this attack on her own, generating a concentrated gravity well that draws in foes before detonating to deal damage.
- Time Compression: Ultimecia is able to compress all of space-time within herself, essentially becoming it and allowing her to control and reshape the universe at a whim.
- Stop: As a Sorceress of Time, Ultimecia is able to stop time around her foes, leaving them helpless as she bombards them with her arsenal of offensive spells.
- Sorceress Heart: Her EX Burst in Dissidia, Ultimecia freezes time around her foes before generating a barrage of magical arrows to repeatedly impale a foe from all sides, destroying them in a massive explosion.
Key: Base | Junctioned with Griever | Time Compression