|“||Look upon me and know that I can slay you at will. You have no defence save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your own mind. There, you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return for your submission. Deny him, and you are mine.||„|
Typhus, also known as Typhus the Traveller, originally the Space Marine named Calas Typhon of the world of Barbarus, is the Herald of Nurgle, the Lord of the Death Guard's 1st Plague Company, and the host of the terrible plague known as the Destroyer Hive. He is a Champion of Chaos and the former First Captain of the Death Guard Traitor Legion. Typhus is also the most feared of all Chaos Lords to command one of the legendary Plague Fleets.
That Typhus has been truly blessed by Nurgle is indisputable. When the Death Guard were adrift in the Warp during the Horus Heresy, dying from the Destroyer Plague, Calas Typhon, First Captain of the XIV Legion, absorbed the full power of the disease, becoming a vessel for this ultimate corruption. Swelling in size, his skin and armour bonded. Great pestilential funnels grew from his body, spewing forth a miasma of destruction. Calas Typhon has been transformed into Typhus, Host of the Destroyer Hive.
For ten thousand standard years Typhus has been a blight upon Imperial worlds. He unleashed Nurgle's Rot upon Carandinis VII and Protheus, instigated the Jonah's World pandemic, and has killed millions with the Destroyer Hive. In the wake of Typhus' fleet a virulent plague spreads, causing its victims to suffer a long, agonising demise. Those who fall to this Warp disease do not stay dead, however; their bodies are soon reanimated by the Chaos infection, creating Plague Zombies whose bites carry the disease to new victims.
Typhus rules the greater portion of the Death Guard's decaying armada from the bridge of his flagship, the Terminus Est, a warship encrusted with the filth of aeons that was ancient even when the Horus Heresy began some ten thousand standard years ago. His skill in ship-to-ship combat has been honed over many millennia of war, and when he broods in his command throne upon his starship's bridge, he and the titanic war machine become one. Though the warship exists on the cusp of Imperial legend, its three-pronged pict-sign is dreaded by admirals and Planetary Governors alike across the Segmentum Obscurus. Wherever Typhus' flagship appears, it heralds plague, death and misery on a system-wide scale. Even whispers of its coming can cause panicked evacuations from worlds in its path, for wherever Typhus goes, pain and despair blossom in his wake.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-A
Name: Typhus, originally Calas Typhon, epithet 'Typhus the Traveller'
Origin: Warhammer 40,000
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, reactions and durability, Low-light vision, Enhanced senses, Immortality (Type 1, likely Types Low 4 and 7), Regeneration (Low-Mid naturally, significantly higher with Nurgle's blessings), Complete immunity to pain, toxins, and conventional diseases, Poison Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Power Nullification through sheer force of will, and Curse Manipulation
Attack Potency: At least Large Planet level (Cut his way through a massive wave of Khornate forces and killed a gigantic Daemon Prince of Khorne). Ignores durability with diseases, psychic powers, and Manreaper
Speed: Unknown movement speed. At least FTL combat and reaction speed
Lifting Strength: Class 50+
Striking Strength: At least Large Planet Class
Durability: At least Large Planet level (Considered to be one of the most durable Chaos Lords due to his sheer durability as well as his nature as a walking hive of supernatural diseases. Chaos boons and his nature as a host for Nurgle's contagions make him difficult to kill.)
Stamina: Potentially limitless (Was the only member of the Death Guard who could endure the entirety of Nurgle's Destroyer Plague, As host of the Destroyer Hive and countless other plagues, it seems he never rests)
Range: Several Meters with Manreaper, Significantly higher with psychic powers, At least planetary with many of his diseases
- Manreaper: Typhus carries a massive, daemonic Power Scythe known as a 'Manreaper' into battle. Rumored to have been dipped in Nurgle's own personal brew of supernatural filth, the smell alone can cause violent illness. Any organic material touched by the fearsome weapon quickly decomposes into festering filth and bone, while even the hardiest of tanks and armours rust and rot away with horrifying speed.
- Terminator Armour: Typhus wears an ancient suit of Cataphractii Pattern Terminatour Armour dating all the way back to the Horus Heresy. Over the years, this suit has become as much a part of his body as his own flesh, forcing disease-spewing chimneys of bone out from his torso.
- Blight Grenades: In a Death Guard tradition, Typhus uses the decapitated heads of his enemies as powerful explosives. The heads are filled with maggots and toxic slime before being sealed with wax. These crude grenades explode on impact, spraying liquid disease and daemon flies all over the surrounding area.
Intelligence: Strategic genius, Helped orchestrate the Istvaan III Atrocity and plunge his entire legion into Nurgle's grasp, doing the latter entirely behind Mortarion's back.
Weaknesses: The bloated nature of his body can sometimes hinder his full movement speed.
- The Destroyer Hive: When Typhus absorbed the Destroyer Plague and gained the favor of Father Nurgle, the hideous daemon flies became a part of him. During battle, the bone chimneys covering Typhus' body will belch out great clouds of the deadly insects, who will immediately swarm his enemies. Once the flies begin to bite and sting Typhus' foes, the victims will be filled with daemonic poisons and have more flies burst from their insides, quickly leaving nothing but a field of mutilated, plague-filled corpses.
- Nurgle's Rot: Typhus exudes a vile wave of soul-infecting disease, covering his foes in a thick layer of poisonous goop which can kill in a matter of seconds.
- Weapon Virus: Channeling Nurgle's power Typhus causes the weapons and machinery of his enemies to become infected with a viral decay.
- Gift of Contagion: Typhus spreads Father Nurgle's love with a cloud of rot flies and contagion that covers his enemies, giving them a painful palsy, atrophying their muscles, and liquefying their insides.
- Plague Wind: Typhus spews forth a wind of pure plague which spreads through the ranks of his foes.
- Miasma of Pestilence: As Typhus gives a phlegm-choked chant, a dark cloud of supernatural filth and Rot Flies surround him, shielding him from view and enemy sensors.
- Blades of Putrefaction: Typhus calls forth Nurgle's power, causing his Manreaper to coat itself in a thick layer of rust and secrete putrid fluids, lethal to even those with inhuman resilience.
- Putrescent Vitality: Typhus' body bloats with rancorous energies, notably increasing his strength and durability.
- Curse of the Leper: With a mere motion, Typhus' enemies find themselves drained of life and horrifically weakened in only a matter of moments.