|“||One day, we will vanish. New Senshi and new stars will come. But you, Sailor Moon, you will forever be immortal. You will be the most beautiful star shining in the sky for eternity.||„|
|~ Mamoru Chiba, quote from Act 60 - Stars 11|
Mamoru Chiba was orphaned as a young boy at the age of six. He was shown to be somewhat reserved and had a dream of becoming a doctor. He is later revealed to be the reincarnation of Prince Endymion, Sailor Moon (AKA Princess Serenity)'s lover in the past. He fought alongside her throughout four of the story arcs, and it was revealed in the Black Moon Arc/Sailor Moon R that he would rule a new Silver Millennium on Earth alongside Usagi, who would be his queen.
He is the first one killed and corrupted by Sailor Galaxia in Stars. Later, he is killed by Sailor Moon and revived. The manga closes with the two getting married.
Naoko Takeuchi has stated that he is the stand in for Sailor Earth, and that the Earth is the planet he protects. His name itself is a pun on 'local protector.'
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown. Possibly 5-A | High 4-C | High 4-C | 3-B | Unknown with the Lambda Power
Name: Mamoru Chiba (Darien in the English dub), Tuxedo Mask, Prince/King Endymion, Endou
Origin: Sailor Moon
Age: 17-19 | 25
Classification: Human, Moto Azabu/University Student, King and Protector of Earth
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Reincarnation, Past Life Awareness, Psychometry, Psychokinesis, Healing, Immortality (Type 1), Telepathy, Transformation (may also have adverse effects on spells with the henshin), Teleportation | Energy Projection, Magic, Resistance to space-time warping | Enhanced Swordsmanship, Eye beams, Mind Control (as Dark Prince Endymion), Barriers, Can channel powers from his future self, Resistance to Reality Warping and Probability Manipulation, Invulnerability with the Golden Crystal | Resistance to all manner of haxes, Intangibility, Regeneration (Mid-Godly), Trans-Time Telepathy, Can use the powers of any Sailor Senshi (except for Sailor Chaos)
Attack Potency: Unknown. Possibly Large Planet level (Did not seem impressed by Sailor Moon's Ultrasonic Crying) | Large Star level (Could easily threaten Post-Serenity Sailor Moon) | Large Star level (Comparable to Queen Metallia and First Arc Sailor Moon, stronger with Tuxedo la Smoking Bomber) | Multi-Galaxy level (The Golden Crystal is comparable to the Silver Crystal) | Unknown with the Lambda Power
Speed: FTL. Possibly Massively FTL+ (Faster than Pre-Serenity Sailor Moon, Dodged Venus Chain) | Massively FTL+ (Faster than Civilian form Hotaru) | Massively FTL+ (faster than sailor moon having spread an Attack in the universe), Trans-Time Telepathy gives resistance to speed blitzes | Massively FTL+ (Superior to Eternal Chibi-Moon and Amazon Senshi) | Massively FTL+
Lifting Strength: Unknown. Likely at least Superhuman
Striking Strength: Unknown. Possibly Class XMJ | Class XTJ (Can Harm Fully Awoken Sailor Senshi with physical strikes) | Class XTJ | Multi-Galactic | Unknown
Durability: Unknown. Possibly Large Star level (Briefly survived after being hit by a serious attack from Kunzite) | Large Star level (Easily Took the Attacks of the Sailor Senshi) | Large Star level (Survived the Supernatural Beast Hands Technique), Extreme Pain Resistance | Multi-Galaxy level (Golden Crystal is comparable to Silver Crystal) | Unknown with the Lambda Power (Intangibility and Regeneration make him particularly hard to kill)
Stamina: Fairly high as he can perform powerful attacks without looking tired (Such as at the end of the Dream Arc).
Standard Equipment: His cane, sword, roses, mystic staff, Golden Crystal (which was his Sailor Crystal and the companion to the Silver Crystal. It is powered by his Courage and Willpower and grants him resistance to all manner of haxes such as reality-warping or probability manipulation, and gave him an extremely high pain tolerance. He used it to destroy the Dead Moon in the Earth and Moon dream along with Sailor Moon. [])
Intelligence: Very intelligent. He was studying to become a doctor and went to a prime school in the United States to continue his studies in Stars. Has showed good tactical abilities before, such as using crowdsourcing to help find the Silver Crystal.
Weaknesses: It is revealed in the Dream arc that Mamoru's body is synchronized with Earth. If the Earth was under attack, he would feel pain, and so would Helios.
- Dexterity: He is fairly skilled in performing his attacks.
- Psychometry: Mamoru can sense information from touch. By placing his hand against the Earth he was able to search the entire Earth for specific people. He was able to see memories by touching Chibiusa. He can also use this power to heal injuries or give people a shock.
- Throwing Roses (anime only): Tuxedo Mask had a seemingly endless supply of roses that exhibited supernatural abilities; these could serve as mere distractions, but also had the ability to break solid objects and deflect energy attacks, and even managed to have an extremely adverse effect on Queen Beryl when she was stabbed in the chest with one.
- Cane Attack: Tuxedo Mask fought with a cane, which could be used in battle in a manner similar to a sword. In the anime the cane could also magically extend at will.
- Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber: Tuxedo Mask unleashes a blast of energy from his hand, powerful enough to cause Rubeus to flee and kill Emeraude.
- Eye Beams: As Dark Prince Endymion he was able to shoot beams from his eyes that could brainwash people or teleport objects
- Pink Sugar Tuxedo Attack: An attack which Sailor Chibi Moon and Tuxedo Mask performed together using the Pink Moon Stick while blasting energy towards the enemy.
- Trans-Time Telepathy: The Golden Crystal allows Mamoru to send information and power to his past self, aiding his past self if he needs it.
Key: Pre-Resurrection | Dark Prince Endymion | Post-Resurrection | Golden Crystal Unlocked | Lambda Mamoru and King Endymion
Note: More info at WikiMoon: