|“||Kami-yan, right now, I don’t have anything, nothing at all. The magic I originally had was wasted, my half-ready esper abilities are stuck at a useless Level 0. In order to sneak into Academy City, I was a magician no longer. I lost all my fighting abilities. But the enemy won’t be waiting for me. So I have to win no matter the means.||„|
|~ Tsuchimikado Motoharu to Kamijou Touma|
Tsuchimikado Motoharu is Kamijou Touma's next-door neighbour and classmate at his school. Motoharu was one of Touma's close friends pre-memory loss together with Aogami Pierce, to the point the three of them are known in the school as the three idiots or as the Delta Force. During the events of Angel Fall Motoharu revealed himself to Touma as a magician member of Necessarius. Originally an Onmyouji teacher specializing in Feng Shui, he had infiltrated Academy City as a spy only to end up becoming the only successful magician-esper hybrid and an agent for multiple organizations. He has on occasion dragged Touma into missions for the Magic Side. Motoharu was later forced to join GROUP, an organization belonging to the dark side of Academy City to protect his beloved step-sister.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-C physically and with handgun, at most 8-C with normal spells, at least 8-C with Shikigami Pistol
Name: Tsuchimikado Motoharu, The Siscon Sergeant, Fallere825 (The backstabbing blade)
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Classification: Human, Magician-Esper Hybrid, Onmyouji, Level 0 Esper, Spy
Attack Potency: Street level physically (Superior to Kamijou Touma, who Motoharu knocked down in 3 seconds) and with handgun, at most Building level with normal magic (Managed to knock back a HsPS-15 with his Black Spell, stated that he would have used the Black Spell to destroy the Kamijou Family Residence if not for Gabriel/Misha controlling the water nearby), at least Building level with Shikigami Pistol (Should be stronger than his other spells, destroyed the Kamijou Family Residence)
Speed: Peak Human (He's faster than Touma even while heavily injured and running on fumes) with Subsonic reactions (Could fight HsPS-15s and shoot the projectile of a grenade launcher out of the air with ease)
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human
Striking Strength: Street Class
Durability: Street level (Physically superior to Touma), Large Building level with magic (With his Black Spell he survived Fuze Kazakiri wiping out the bus maintenance facility he was in, the results of which were compared to a large-scale landslide; his Blue Spell can block a few dozen simultaneous shots from several anti-tank shotguns)
Stamina: Extremely high, he had enough energy to move faster than Touma and fight him even after being shot, using magic and climbing a 50 story building
Range: Human melee range, dozens of meters with handgun, at least several meters with magic; likely several kilometers with Shikigami Pistol (Was planning on using it to bombard Oriana Thomson after figuring out her location with the All-Around Reality Circle)
Standard Equipment: Handgun, four guardian origami sculptures, origami paper
Intelligence: High, he was considered the best Onmyoudo and Feng Shui teacher in Necessarius and is a spy for multiple organizations
Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses, his esper ability can randomly fail to patch his injuries
- Deadly Thrust Killing Slash: Deadly Thrust Killing Slash (死突殺断 Shi Totsusatsudan) is the name of the fighting style used by Motoharu, formed from a collection of illegal techniques of all sorts of martial arts. Unlike a normal martial artist, Motoharu is not restrained by any rule of honor, allowing him to use dirty tricks and low blows to an opponent without hesitation. In top form Motoharu is capable of easily beating down Kamijou Touma, a rather experienced and resilient street fighter, in seconds without him being able to land a successful blow; and even Kumokawa Seria's analytical skills will not allow her to keep up with him. Touma has stated that the only way he could possibly beat Motoharu in hand-to-hand would be if it was a 2 versus one situation. Even after being shot, using magic, climbing a fifty-floor building with his bare hands and basically running in fumes, Motoharu was still faster and stronger than Touma, to the point Touma believed that he should have lost, and likely only won because of Motoharu's unstable mental condition during the fight.
- Marksmanship: Motoharu is very skilled in the use of handguns. He's capable enough to intentionally avoid the vitals of Oyafune Monaka with a near miss to give it the appearance of a botched assassination attempt and to shoot a grenade launcher's projectile out of the air while not even aiming carefully.
- Auto-Rebirth (肉体再生 (オートリバース) Nikutai Saisei (Ōto Ribāsu), lit. "Body Regeneration"): This Level 0 ability applies a weak membrane over torn blood vessels to stop bleeding. Through this ability, Motoharu can still use magic, as he can repair the damage done to his body. Despite this he still avoids using magic except in desperate situations, as he cannot avoid the extreme pain caused when casting it, shown when he destroyed the spell location of Angel Fall, resulting in him falling to the ground in a large pool of his own blood. He also mentions that his ability is not perfect (being a Level 0) and could at any time fail to revive him, causing him to die permanently. He estimates his limit to be four or five consecutive spells, but he also admits that's he's basically playing Russian roulette whenever he uses magic. The only time he's seen to be "dead" was when he's lying in his own blood after destroying Touma's house to prevent Angel Fall. The next time Motoharu was seen, all his injuries had vanished.
- Magic: As a member of the Tsuchimikado family, Motoharu is a skilled onmyouji, though after becoming an esper he cannot use magic freely. Previous to that he was known as the best Onmyoudo and Feng Shui teacher of Necessarius, specializing in laying traps using the Black Spell, a ceremony used for the construction of waterways to create large magic circles used to protect cities or castles. His spells work by using the 4 guardian deities: Genbu, Byakko, Seiryu and Suzaku; all represented by origami figures Motoharu carries in small containers.
- Black Spell: A spell that uses the water in accordance with the principles of Feng shui, referred by Motoharu as his favorite. Using a black origami sculpture and a short chant, Motoharu makes a sphere of water a meter across appear out of nowhere and uses it as a projectile attack capable of knocking back an advanced military powered suit like a HsPS-15. Motoharu was also able to use the rain to put together a defensive spell to protect himself from Fuze Kazakiri destroying the abandoned bus maintenance facility he had been in, something compared to a landslide.
- Blue Spell: A spell that uses a different origami sculpture. After a short chant, an invisible shield forms around Motoharu's body, temporarily protecting him. The shield is strong enough to withstand a few dozen simultaneous shots from anti-tank shotguns.
- Red Spell: Also known as the Shikigami Pistol, the Red Spell was described by Motoharu as a super long distance magic cannon. For this spell, Motoharu uses the Shikigami representing the four guardian deities. By placing them in their proper place in the four cardinal directions, a ritual location is created. After a long chant a white light will glow and a force will shoot towards the target.
- Unnamed spell: When making a surprise attack on Terra, Tsuchimikado used a spell that launched what initially seemed to be a red bullet, but was really a piece of burning orange origami paper.
- Divination Circle: Motohary forms a basic magic circle using colored paper. It is a spell that activates in response to the magic power from an interception spell and calculates where the spell came from, the distance and the direction. It can be activated by a different caster than the one who set up the circle.
- All-Around Reality Circle: Using an item left behind by a magician, Motoharu forms a magic circle, and sets up colored paper that indicates the four directions representing the four deities: Black in the North, White in the West, Blue in the East, and Red in the South. A spellcaster is required to state a simple incantation to activate the spell, from there the paper will spiral into the center of the circle and will draw a map, using the color of the paper like a printer. Once the paper touches the memento, the papers will explode, and an accurate real-time adjustable map will be created, determining the target's location. The spell takes about 15 minutes to set up and encompasses 3 kilometers. It can be activated by a different caster to the one who set up the circle.
- Ushi no Koku no Mairi: Translated as Shrine Visiting at the Hour of the Ox, it's a simple Japanese spell that uses an effigy to curse a person, based on the popular curse of the same name. Motoharu uses a variant of the spell that simply uses a body part like hair, toenails or an eyeball and a short chant to remotely attack the target. The curse caused the Kumokawa Seria's senses to dull and finally made her lose consciousness, though Motoharu stated it could also be used as a lethal attack.
- Boosted Jump: Tsuchimikado can use magic to jump high enough to reach the third floor walkway of a maintenance building.