Travis Touchdown is the protagonist and antihero of the Wii Game "No More Heroes". A professional American Assassin and stereotypical Otaku, Travis wields a Beam Katana (which closely resembles a Light Saber) to fight other Assassins in Ranked Matches created by the UAA (United Assassins Association). He reached Rank 1, not once, but twice before officially retiring from killing. He is also nicknamed "The Crownless King" or "No More Hero" because he gave up his title of No. 1 in the first game.
Powers and Stats
Name: Travis Touchdown, nicknamed "Crownless King" and "No More Hero"
Origin: No More Heroes
Age: 27 years old, 30 years old in the second game
Classification: Professional Assassin, Wrestler, Otaku
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Talent in swordplay and wrestling (Mostly with suplexes and grapples), Can also transform into a tiger (How this is done is unknown), Energy Projection (can fire energy bolts whilst in Dark side mode)
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Can block lasers that would destroy a part of a small town with his Beam Katana)
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human (Able to suplex adults ranging in weight around his size)
Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class
Durability: Multi-City Block level (Can survive beams and rockets that could've blown someone to pieces)
Range: Extended melee range; higher with the Peony
Standard Equipment: Standard Beam Katana Mk-|, model Tsubaki, nicknamed Blood Berry (With upgrades Mk-II, and Mk-III), Duel Beam Katanas called Rose Nasty, and an Extra-Long Beam Katana called the Peony. he also has a Rocket powered Motorcycle called Schpeltiger and a giant Robot called the Glastonbury.
Weaknesses: Slightly Overconfident and can be fooled by typical cheap tricks such as the Joybuzzer (Only powerful enough to knock someone out), Travis's beam katanas also have a limited charge in which he must rapidly shake the weapon in order for it to stay charged, though it only takes less than 3 seconds to fully charge it once again.
Death Blow: Name says it all. Travis does a killing blow that kills normal goons (Though strong people like the ranked assassins can take more than one killing blow)
Dark Side Mode: A sort of trance that Travis enters after matching three slot icons following up a successful deathblow. The name of each Trance he goes in are named after the signature move (except Cherry) of each character of the in-game anime Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly (This anime is not real)
- Strawberry on the Shortcake: After matching three grasshopper icons, Travis's hair glows bright yellow and his beam katana becomes highly charged. The screen will get blurry and Travis's speed grows exponentially
- Bluberry Cheese Brownie: After matching three bell icons, Travis can fire waves of energy from his beam katana to annihilate foes
- Cranberry Chocolate Sundae: After matching three Bar icons, the colors will drain from the screen into a classic monochrome scheme. Travis will only walk in this trance but Travis will become more brutal in this state. From chopping off people's arms, stabbing a crawling enemy in the pelvis, or just straight up tearing them apart; Travis will brutalize anyone. (in No More Heroes 2, Travis will transform into a Tiger if he matches three bars instead)
- Anarchy in the Galaxy: By matching three 7's in the slot, time will seem to stop as Travis unleashes a hot pink energy that vaporizes all enemies near him.
- Cherry: After matching three Cherry icons, any enemies nearby will slow down making it easier for Travis to kill them
Ecstasy Mode: After fighting for a while, Travis will get excited and have an adrenaline rush that enhances his strength and speed for a short period of time (Not to be confused with Dark Side Mode)
Suplexes: After stunning an enemy, Travis will go and do a suplex. He can also do a lethal version of his suplex by throwing his beam katana in the air so that it will land on the floored enemy and stab them. Travis has many variations of the suplex.