|“||What I've done, old friend... is topple the destroyer of worlds.||„|
|~ Torbjörn after deactivating a giant Omnic|
Before the Omnic Crisis, Torbjörn Lindholm (called Torby by his friends) had gained notoriety for designing weapons systems used by countries around the world. However, his belief that technology must serve a better vision for humanity put him at odds with his employers, who desired to control his weapons using networked computer intelligence. At some point he worked with the Ironclad Guild, where he worked in R&D.
Torbjörn has a deep mistrust of sentient robotic intelligence, and while many of his peers wrote this off as paranoia, his worst fears were realized when the robot populations of the world turned against their human creators during the Omnic Crisis. Because of his engineering genius, he was recruited to join the original Overwatch strike team, and his many inventions proved integral to ending the conflict.
In the years that followed, Overwatch became an international peacekeeping force, and Torbjörn remained a critical resource for all of its technological needs and signature weapons systems. At its height, Overwatch possessed one of the most advanced armaments on the planet, which could be traced to Torbjörn's work. This included the development of biotic technology, including the biotic rifle, which was intended to heal Overwatch medics in the field. This device led to some disagreement with Angela Ziegler, who warned that the rifle was setting Overwatch on a dangerous path to weaponizing biotic technology.
In the aftermath of Overwatch's fall, many of Torbjörn's weapons were stolen or stashed away around the world. Feeling responsible for his creations, Torbjörn was determined to stop them from falling into the wrong hands and wreaking havoc on the innocent.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely High 8-C
Name: Torbjörn Lindholm
Classification: Former Member of Overwatch and the Ironclad Guild
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Master Engineer and Weaponsmith as well as an Expert Markman, and high resistance to Heat (Can drink molten liquid)
Attack Potency: Likely Large Building level (His weaponry can penetrate the armor of individuals as tough as Reinhardt and Winston, can beat military-grade Omnics like Bastion into submission with his Forge Hammer despite their ability to withstand Overwatch firearms)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Likely Large Building Class (Can beat miltary-grade Omnics senseless with his Forge Hammer even though they're able to withstand Overwatch firearms)
Durability: Likely Large Building level (Able to withstand Overwatch firearms), Higher with Molten Core (Comparable to the Tank Class)
Stamina: High (Can go through entire firefights without getting winded and made his way through a giant Omnic the size of a skyscraper with no signs of exhaustion)
Range: Extended melee range with his hammer, Several dozen meters with firearms
Standard Equipment: His Forge Hammer, A Rivet Gun, A Personal Forge mounted on his back that allows him quickly process scrap and deploy sentry turrets in seconds.
Intelligence: Torbjörn is one of the world's greatest engineers, being responsible for many of the inventions that helped Overwatch turn the tide of the Omnic Crisis. While he specializes in weaponsmithing and engineering projects, he has proven himself to be a valuable insight on biotics and robotics, having (begrudgingly) designed numerous Omnics and took down a giant Omnic that had overturned an entire country's military with his knowledge of its inner workings. In combat he prefers to let his Turrets do their work, deploying them to hold down chokepoints and keeping them in working condition in spite of heavy enemy resistance. However, he was swung into action with his trusty hammer and rivet gun on more than one occasion and has many years of combat experience as one of Overwatch's founding members.
Weaknesses: Torbjörn is excessively prideful in his inventions at times and looks down upon robotic entities, whether they be allies or enemies, His Turret can only lock on to a single target at a time and has a limited targeting range, Requires time to upgrade his turret, Presumably has a finite amount of ammo.
- Rivet Gun: Torbjörn's primary weapon, a gun that shoots heated rivets at speeds comparable to most firearms, allowing them to deal comparable if not superior damage due to the projectile's higher temperature and larger size. As a consequence, the rivet moves in a slight arc due to the rivets' shape. He can also fire molten scrap in a spray comparable to a shotgun blast, but this consumes a greater amount of ammunition and the individual pellets lack the impact of the rivets, limiting this function to close range combat.
- Forge Hammer: Torbjörn will often whack foes who catch him when he's out of ammo with his hammer, which he used to great effect during the Omnic Crisis. He is also able to repair his Turrets with simple whacks with the Forge Hammer, allowing him to keep them in working condition as he remains in combat.
- Build Turret: Torbjörn is able to set up a single autocannon that locks on and fires at anything Torbjörn deems a threat, including other structures, traps, mines, and delayed explosives. While it initially fires low-caliber bullets at a slow rate, Torbjörn is able to upgrade both the ammunition and rate of fire if given enough time. In addition, upon activating the Molten Core, the turret's firepower and rate of fire increase further and a missile launcher is temporarily erected on top to further up its firepwoer. Each upgrade also raises the Turret's resistance to damage, allowing it to withstand greater amounts of punishment before it is destroyed.
- Armor Packs: Torbjörn is a master of improvisation, allowing him to turn random scrap into makeshift armor that can help him and his allies withstand additional punishment, reducing damage taken while it lasts.
- Molten Core: Torbjörn is able to overclock his Personal Forge to initiate this ability, granting him a massive amount of armor and allowing him to fire his Rivet Gun and swing his Forge Hammer at much higher speeds, consequently increasing his ability to build, repair, and upgrade his turrets. In addition, if his turret is already upgraded, it will reach additional stage that mounts a missile launcher to deal even more damage as well as greatly enhancing its normal durability.