Toad is a recurring character in the Mario series, who usually reprises as a stewart of Princess Peach. He usually has the role of a supporting character who tries to help Mario and Luigi on their adventures, although he occasionally has been as a main protagonist, such as in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods. He is usually happy, polite, and can be benevolent to a fault as his species can be frightened easily whenever a crisis arise.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C, higher with power-ups and equipment
Origin: Mario Bros
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can emit spores to form shields, counter attacks, and grow mushrooms, can walk on walls, Afterimage Creation, Energy Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Fire Manipulation with a Fire Flower, Ice Manipulation with Ice Flower, Invulnerability with a Starman, Duplication with Double Cherries, Size Manipulation and Flight via power-ups, Time Stop with Stopwatch
Attack Potency: Large Star level+ (While not as powerful as Mario or the other recurring characters, he's capable of fighting certain foes alongside with them. Should be comparable to the other members of his species, who fought other Koopalings with the Mario Bros.), higher with power-ups and equipment
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Often shown to be much faster than the Mario Bros)
Lifting Strength: Class G via power-scaling (Occasionally shown to have strength that even surpasses the Mario Bros)
Striking Strength: Large Star Class+
Durability: Large Star level+
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with power-ups.
Standard Equipment: Several power-ups.
Weaknesses: Easily frightened and relies on power-ups for many of his powers.
- Fire Meteor: Toad will perform a powerful kick that covers the target in fire. Anyone caught by the kick or in the path of his target will catch fire and run uncontrollably.
- Spore Emission: Toad has the rare ability to emit spores. He can use it to create deflective shields, spawn giant rotating mushrooms to attack his opponent, or counterattack his opponents.
- Spin Jump: Toad will perform a spin while jumping. This move can also allow him to hover, slowly descend, deflect projectiles, and clear fogs and smoke. Using this move with the Fire or Ice Flower with make Toad scatter fireballs or ice balls in multiple directions. Toad would often emits spores to augment the power of this move.
- Magic Weapon: Toad forges a weapon of pure energy in shape of a hockey stick. It's seen in Mario Sport Mix in a battle against the Behemoth.
- Zone Speed: Toad can slow down time by utilizing his energy.