|“||Stop running! I know. Even if you find the kids, you might not be able to help them. Maybe something could happen that can never unhappen. That scares you, doesn't it? But you need to think about now. Really take it in! Look at you: you think you've got it so damn hard. Well, you hate being alone, so let people in! Sure, you may not answer the phone, but I don't see you throwing it away, either!||„|
|~ Tifa confronting Cloud about his moodiness|
Tifa Lockhart is a playable character in Final Fantasy VII, and the deuteragonist of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. In Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII she plays a supportive role. Tifa is Cloud Strife's childhood friend but lost contact with him years ago. When she meets him again she convinces him to join the resistance group she is a member of, AVALANCHE, to fight Shinra Electric Power Company. Tifa supports Cloud as his comrade and helps him fight his nemesis Sephiroth, bearing the same hatred for him as Cloud does due to the destruction of their hometown.
Powers and Stats
Name: Tifa Lockhart
Origin: Final Fantasy VII
Age: 20 (FF7) 22 (Advent Children) 23 (Dirge of Cerberus)
Classification: Human, Member of AVALANCHE.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Summoning, Resistance to Soul Attacks, Telekinesis, and Mind Control/Illusions, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Lightning, Ice, Wind, and Earth variety), Healing and Regeneration (Mid-Low), Poison Manipulation, Transmutation (In the form of transforming others into toads), Petrification, Teleportation (can also be used to send target(s) far away, not to another dimension, can teleport behind foes to catch them off guard), Barrier Creation, Time Manipulation (Can slow down and speed up time around herself and her targets at will), Energy Blasts (in the form of attacks like Ultima), Can instantly kill targets
Speed: FTL+ (Kept pace with Loz)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman+ (Can easily lift monsters many times her size as part of her Meteor Strike attack)
Striking Strength: Solar System Class
Durability: Solar System level (Assisted in the final battle against Safer-Sephiroth, Can tank hits from Loz, who is the manifestation of Sephiroth's physical power)
Stamina: Superhuman+ (Slugged it out with powerful beings like safer-Sephiroth and the Sephiroth fragments with no signs of getting winded)
Range: Standard melee range, much higher with magic and summons
Standard Equipment: Her ultimate gauntlets, the Premium Heart, whose power increases proportionally to the amount of danger she's in, A Ribbon, a magic accessory which completely nullifies any status effects, including instant death, Various Materia and Restoratives
Intelligence: Tifa is an incredibly skilled hand-to-hand combatant who manages to keep up with First-Class Soldiers and countless monsters with just her fists, faking out her opponent with various feints before teleporting behind her foes and delivering brutal combos for the finish. As a member of AVALANCHE, she is trained in numerous forms of sabotage, stealth, and guerilla tactics and is trusted enough to single-handedly guard the entrance to its secret headquarters beneath her bar, the Seventh Heaven. In addition, while she lacks an aptitude for it, she also possesses mastery of various Materia and magic as a result, acquiring numerous abilities over the course of her adventures with Cloud.
Weaknesses: Tifa must be hard pressed to use her Limit Breaks, is not as proficient in magic as some of her compatriots.
- Beat Rush: Tifa unleashes a quick combo against a single enemy.
- Somersault: Tifa rushes towards the opponent before flipping backward to deliver a somersault kick that sends the target flying.
- Waterkick: Tifa dishes out a swift circular kick which is accompanied by a burst of water.
- Meteodrive: Tifa kicks her foe into the air before grabbing them and delivering an explosive backdrop for the finish.
- Dolphin Blow: Tifa delivers a powerful uppercut which is accompanied by a massive pillar of water and a dolphin.
- Meteor Strike: Tifa rushes her target while shrouded in flames to knock them into the air before leaping after them to snatch her opponent and throw them to the ground.
- Final Heaven: Tifa charges energy in her fist before rushing past her target to deliver a rapid, decisive blow that releases this pent up energy, creating a cataclysmic explosion in the process.
- Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga: Tifa seems to favor this spell in Dissidia, using it extensively to take foes by surprise with rapid bullets of ice that can come from any direction.
- Break: Tifa deals Earth-elemental damage. This attack can petrify an opponent, effectively killing them unless they have an ability that resists its effects.
- Death: Tifa instantly kills the target unless they're fortunate enough to dodge it or if they're immune to instant death attacks.
- Haste: Tifa speeds up time around herself, greatly increasing her movement and combat speed.
- Slow: Tifa slows down time around her target, slowing their movements and combat speed to a crawl.
- Toad: Tifa transmutes her target into a common toad, leaving them helpless to resist her attacks.
- Ultima: The ultimate offensive magic, unleashing a burst of energy that deals massive non-elemental damage.