|“||All the power of the storm, from all the world, flows through my veins, and can be summoned by mine hammer at any time, wherever it is. A lightning storm in Japan? Mine. A hurricane off the coast of Barbados? Mine again. A brace of tornadoes in Kansas? Aye...mine. All that might, all that destructive force, mine to command. Channeled and guided through the mystic might of this hammer, guided right at thee!||„|
|~ Thor Odinson|
Thor is the Asgardian God of Thunder and the son of Odin, the All-Father of Asgard, and Gaea, the Elder Earth-Goddess. Combining the power of both worlds, Thor is arguably the greatest and mightiest defender of both. Armed with his powerful enchanted hammer Mjolnir, Thor is the mightiest warrior of Asgard, a founding member of the Avengers and one of the strongest, most powerful beings on Earth.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B | Potentially 3-B | Likely Low 2-C
Name: Thor Odinson
Origin: Marvel Comics (Journey into Mystery #83)
Age: Thousands of years at the least
Classification: Asgardian/God of Thunder
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Manipulation, Regeneration (At least Low), Weather Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Longevity, can increase his strength tenfold by entering "warrior's madness" (however, this takes away his ability to think rationally until it subsides); with Mjolnir he can absorb and redirect energy, generate Forcefields, create interdimensional portals (for large portals, it takes time however), negate mystic energies, transmute matter, and its energy discharges can even harm certain intangible beings, can call Mjolnir to him by thought, Immortality (Type 4 as Rune King Thor)
Attack Potency: Solar System level (The colliding of his Mjolnir and Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker destroyed Surtur's dimensional portal) | Potentially Multi-Galaxy level (Would eventually become as powerful as Odin) | Likely Universe level+ (Overcame time and destiny, became one with the universe, and evolved past death)
Lifting Strength: Class Y+ (Lifted the Midgard Serpent who is heavy as a planet, and lifted the entirety of Asgard along with Beta Ray Bill)
Striking Strength: Class XPJ | Potentially Multi-Galactic | Universal+
Stamina: Godlike (He fought an army of Frost Giants for 9 months without tiring. Spend 9 months without ever sleeping after losing Mjolnir)
Range: At least multiple planetary diameters
- Mjolnir: The magic hammer that grants him many of his powers and abilities. Forged from the mystical ore Uru, Mjolnir can only be wielded by those who are deemed "worthy".
- Megingjord: A magical belt worn by the Thunder God that would double his natural strength and stamina. However, wearing this would leave him exhausted later.
- Jarnbjorn: A battleaxe forged by Dwarves that Thor wielded long before Mjolnir. This axe was enchanted to pierce the armour of Celestials or armour created using Celestial technology.
- Uru Arm: An artificial arm forged of black uru in the same fire where Mjolnir was created. It has been used as replacement for Thor's left arm, which was cut off by Malekith.
Intelligence: His mortal form has a college degree and is a medical doctor. He has mastered many forms of hand-to-hand combat, and the use of many different types of weapons. Millenia of battle experience against all manner of enemies.
Weaknesses: Thor can still be knocked out, he has reluctance in fighting to the fullest in the Mortal Realm, and is unable to tell friends or foes apart in his Warrior Madness | Thor has not fully mastered the Odinforce | None notable
Thor hit Gorr so hard a nearby moon began to crumble (Striking Strength)
Fought Gorr inside of a star (Durability)
Fought for 40 days and 40 nights (Stamina)
Fought for many Days in Hell (Stamina)
-Asgardian/Elder God Hybrid Physiology: Biologically half-Asgardian on his father's side and half-Elder God on his mother's side; Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique birth, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race. Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have several times the density of the same tissues in the body of a human being, contributing to his superhuman weight. He is invulnerable to powerful energy blasts, weighted impacts, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. Even without his godly power Thor is still physically the strongest and most durable of all the Asgardians.
- Life-Force: Also known as the God-Force. The godly energies that fuel all of Thor's godlike powers. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir. Unlike many other deities, Thor's unique Life-force allows him to have full access to all of his powers regardless of what realm he enters. The only beings so far that has been shown to affect Thor's God-force are Odin, Dormammu, and Odin's raven in the form of Marnot. Thor's God-force is also the key to him using the God-blast.
- Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel his storm abilities but he is capable of discharging lightning bolts from his hands. He also summoned a lightning bolt from the sky without Mjolnir to strike Hogun to revive him from near death. He summoned a lightning bolt to strike Hercules to break his grip on him. He once mended together a badly damaged moon with his lightning.
- Earth Control: A child of the Elder Goddess Gaea, Thor gained the ability to control the Earth. He has demonstrated this ability by being able to create continental-spanning chasms, landslides, avalanches, and earthquakes that are off the Richter Scale in the Earth itself.
- Godblast: This is Thor's most powerful attack, it fires a blast of concentrated godly essence/energy from Mjolnir that far exceed's Thor's normal capabilities. This blast has the power to kill immortal beings as well.
- Flight: Thor has shown the ability to fly and levitate without his hammer.
- Anti-force Blast: Thor fires a powerful blast of energy from mMolnir that can destroy entire worlds. This attack was powerful enough to defeat and seemingly kill Mangog (when fired from inside of his mouth), and was successfully used as a finisher against a Thanos clone.
- Geo Force: Thor slowly spins his hammer to draw "pure magnetic energy" from the core of whatever planet he's on, this attack has a significant charge time but is implied to be comparable to the Godblast. It was stated that Mjolnir was struggling to contain such energy, and could not do so for long.
- Thermo-Blast: An attack used to defeat Ego the living planet.
- Super Breath: Thor can use his breath to create hurricane force winds.
- Warrior's Madness: Thor can temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold at the expense of his sanity. In this berserker state he attacks friends and foes alike. Because of this, he has almost never used this ability.
Key: Base | Odin Force Thor | Rune King Thor
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.