The Swarmlord is the pinnacle of the Hive Mind's design, its strongest Hive Tyrant and foremost tactician. It was at the head of every major Hive Fleet incursion, from Behemoth to Leviathan.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least Low 5-B, likely 5-A
Name: The Swarmlord, Tyrantlord of the Hive Mind, Herald of the Great Devourer
Origin: Warhammer 40,000
Classification: Tyranid Hive Tyrant.
Powers and Abilities: Biological Adaptation, Superhuman strength, speed, and durability, Psychic Powers, Mind Manipulation, Mind Control, Weapon Mastery, Shadow in the Warp (greatly weakens the powers of enemy Psykers), synaptic field, Immortality (Type 1, 3, and 8), Regeneration (Low-Mid in combat, though it can always be brought back by the Hive Fleet even if completely destroyed), Immunity to Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation
Attack Potency: At least Small Planet level, likely Large Planet level (Far superior to Zoanthropes, Carnifexes and normal Tyrants. Comparing the Swarmlord to a Hive Tyrant is like comparing a Hive Tyrant to a termagant, Defeated Marneus Calgar, who defeated an Avatar of Khaine, in one-on-one combat). The Swarmlord's Bone Sabers ignore conventional durability by severing molecular bonds.
Speed: FTL reactions by power-scaling
Lifting Strength: Unknown, likely at least Superhuman
Striking Strength: At least Small Planet Class, likely Large Planet Class
Durability: At least Small Planet level, likely Large Planet level
Stamina: Extremely high.
Range: A couple of meters. Much higher with psychic powers and the Shadow of the Warp.
Standard Equipment: Two pairs of bone sabers, monomolecular blades powered by psychic alien crystals.
Intelligence: Strategic genius. The Swarmlord has access to the entirety of the Hive Mind's immense bank of strategic knowledge. It outwitted and outmaneuvered Marneus Calgar and the Ultramarines on Macragge. Considered to be the greatest strategic threat amongst the Tyranids.
Weaknesses: None notable
The Shadow of the Warp: The presence of the Hive Mind radiates from a Tyranid swarm's synapse creatures, forming a shadow in the warp that blots out the powers of enemy psykers, making communication with those outside of the shadow near impossible.
- Catalyst: The Swarmlord invigorates nearby Tyranid organisms, allowing them to ignore the sensation of pain.
- The Horror: The Swarmlord floods the target with the psychic presence of the Hive Mind, overwhelming lesser minds and shattering their resolves.
- Onslaught: The Swarmlord takes control of other Tyranid organisms, guiding their fire and driving them forwards.
- Paroxysm: The Swarmlord taps into its link to the Hive Mind to trigger every one of the target's nerves, overwhelming them with an unbearable, all-encompassing sense of pain.
- Psychic Scream: The Hive Mind unleashes a barrage of psychic energy through the Swarmlord with a shriek, shredding the minds of those caught in its wake.
- Warp Blast: The Swarmlord taps into the power of the Hive Mind and unleashes a burst of pure Warp energy from its cranium, either in the form of a massive, long-ranged blast, or a short-ranged lance of pure power.