Takumi Aiba (Ami Aiba if chosen to be a female) is the main character of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. After an unfortunate incident where him and his friends are attacked by "Eaters", he fell ill to a mysterious illness that caused his body to fall into a coma-like state. Mysteriously, despite the fact that his body was unconscious, he could still walk around in both the real world and EDEN with a body made out of data. Almost as soon as he was picked up from off the street, he became a "Cyber Sleuth" for the kuremi Detective Agency.
Takumi is the classic "Gogglehead" protagonist of the game, and has a lot of similarities to former "Goggleheads" in the franchise. While he's a little slow and oblivious, he's very brave and has a good heart, willing to risk his life for friends and even foes alike. These qualities lends him the ability to make friends exceptionally fast, and has such forged genuine bonds with several powerful allies, such as Yuuko Kamishiro, Nokia Shiramine, Arata Sanada, Kyoko Kuremi, members of the Royal Knights and Rina Shinomiya.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-C | At least High 6-C | At least High 4-C | At least 3-C | At least 2-A, likely High 2-A
Name: Takumi Aiba/Ami Aiba, AI◎BA (EDEN Username)
Origin: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Gender: Depends on players choice (Iconic is Male)
Age: Appears to be around 16
Classification: Human. Cyber Sleuth, Hacker
Powers and Abilities: Detective Intuition, Data Manipulation, Can jump into various electronic devices, Limited Flight, Can make himself and his Digimon Invisible (Takumi Himself), Resistance to Reality Warping and Time Manipulation (Can tank Clockmon's Chrono Breaker), Acausality, Can kill abstracts and beings with High-Godly Regeneration (He and the Cyber Sleuth cast are capable of permanently killing Yggdrasil Avatars). Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Digimon attacks are able to interact with each others' Digicores, which constitute a Digimon's mind and soul. Hence, all Digimon are able to manipulate, attack, and destroy the minds and souls of others), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (The bodies of Digimon shield their Digicores from the attacks of other Digimon, which in turn protect their minds and souls from external interference) (Takumi and all his Digimon) | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite (Hagurumon-Andromon), Atomic Destruction, Can turn resistances into weaknesses and weaknesses into resistances with Character Reversal, Statistics Amplification, Air Manipulation, Healing, Can launch missiles, Darkness Manipulation, Power Nullification, Transmutation and Power Nullification via Texture Blow (HiAndromon) | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Electricity Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Healing (Palmon), Needle Manipulaton, Status Effect Inducement (Paralysis) (Togemon and Lillymon), Electricity Manipulation, Life Draining, Whip and Rapier Mastery, Mind Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Existence Erasure (Rosemon) | Flight, Air Manipulation, Healing, Statistics Amplification (Terriermon). Gun Mastery, Electricity Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement (Paralysis) (Gargomon), Existence Erasure (Rapidmon), Laser and Rocker Mastery, Fire Manipulation (via flamethrower), Can Generate Shockwaves with his fist, Can fire countless weapons all at once (MegaGargomon).
Attack Potency: Large Island level (His three rookie Digimon could defeat Mephisto's Growlmon) | At least Large Island level (Defeated several Purebreed Eaters. Even weak, non-upgraded Eaters could manipulate and morph entire districts of Tokyo. Dominated the Zaxon forum and fodderized several Champion level Digimon) | At least Large Star level (Can command multiple Ultimate level Digimon at once and defeat many others including Jimiken's BlueMeramon) | At least Galaxy level (Commands multiple Mega level Digimon and can start defeating multiple Megas at once easily) | At least Multiverse level+, likely High Multiverse level+ (Contributed to the defeat of the Mother Eater who could reset “all worlds” [Referring to the Material World Multiverse, which was confirmed to be infinite]. Defeated King Drasil, Examon and Demon Lord Empowered Monzaemon)
Speed: Relativistic (Takumi was capable of moving this fast rather casually) | Relativistic (Should be superior to most Champion level Digimon including Stingmon) | Relativistic+ with FTL reactions (Commands well trained Champion Digimon. Should be comparable to the likes of Rapidmon) | FTL (Commands extremely well trained Mega Digimon) | Immeasurable (Reacted to Sleipmon. Traded blows with Arata, who could keep up with Examon. Comparable to Nokia Shiramine and Rina Shinomiya, the former could react to an attack by Dynasmon and the latter blitzed Barbamon, who was comparable to the Royal Knights) | Immeasurable (Should naturally be comparable to their Tamer. Could keep pace with Eater Eve, who was roughly on the same level as the weaker Royal Knights) | Immeasurable (Reacted to attacks that affected entire universes in mere seconds. Battled against the Mother Eater, who was consistently stated to be a higher dimensional entity)
Striking Strength: Large Island Class | At least Large Island Class | At least Large Star Class | At least Galactic Class | At least Multiversal+, likely High Multiversal+
Durability: Large Island level | At least Large Island level (Tanked hits from an upgraded Eater and various Hackers) | At least Large Star level | At least Galaxy level (Even without Nokias help, he was able to take hits from the Self-Proclaimed Legend) | At least Multiverse level+, likely High Multiverse level+ (Defeated the Mother Eater)
Stamina: Peak Human | Vastly Superhuman+
Range: Standard melee range | Several Kilometers at the very least
Standard Equipment: Digivice
Intelligence: Due to being an (almost) silent protagonist, Takumi’s intelligence is hard to pinpoint. He seems slow, and even oblivious to certain social events but is a tactical genius and a skillful detective. He is also resourceful and clever. This can be seen in how he used the environment to trick Etemon and how he connect jumped into Eater Eve to save Yuuko.
Weaknesses: In the later portions of the game, Takumi's body grows more and more unstable. While the full implications of this are largely unknown, we know that it makes Takumi feel light headed.
- Poison Ivy: Entangles the opponent in ivy laced with a powerful toxin, completely paralyzing them.
- Plant Shock: Showers the opponent in a wave of leaves.
- Root Breaker: Drains energy from foe.
- Nioi Kougeki (におい攻撃 "Stench Attack"): Releases a foul stench.
- Stinking Attack (くさいニオイ, lit. "Stinking Stench")
- Anti-Poison: Cures an ally of Poison.
- Crescent Leaf: Light Plant damage.
- Needle Spray (チクチクバンバン Chikuchiku Banban, lit. "Prickly Bang-bang"): Further hardens the thorns on the end of its arms and strikes the opponent.
- Jabbing (Mach Jab): Closes in at the speed of light to jab the enemy multiple times.
- Coconut Punch (Coconuts Punch): Rains hits on a foe like falling coconuts.
- Crescent Leaf II: Stronger Plant damage against one foe.
- Anti-Paralyze: Removes Paralyzation from an ally.
- Rippling Net: Thunder Magic Magic, may Paralyze targets
- Thorn Whipping (Thorn Whip): Tames a Digimon, no matter how frenzied, with a thorned whip charged with electricity. Those who suffer this technique become Rosemon's slave, body and soul.
- Rose Spear (Roses Rapier): Brings the opponent down using the whip as a rapier.
- Forbidden Temptation: Beautifully destroys the opponent's data in a shower of innumerable rose petals.
- Ivy Hug: Entangles the opponent in vines.
- Rose Velvet: Covers the ground in thorns.
- Rosy Cradle: Summons a storm of sleep-inducing rose petals.
- Fascination: Enthralls an opponent and steals its life-force.
- Beauty Shock: Shocks its opponent with lightning from its left whip.
- Thorn Shoot (Thorn Shot): Shoots a thorn.
- Danger Thorn: Shoots thorns at all enemies.
- Final Aura: Greatly heals all allies.
- Gaia Element III: Strong Plant magic.
- Rune Forest II
- Rune Forest III
- Darkness Gears: Buries a black gear with a built-in computer virus within the body of the opponent, driving them mad.
- Heaven's Thunder I: Weak Thunder magic
- Nanomachine Break I:
- Grenade Destroyer (Destruction Grenade): Fires whistling missiles from the retractable missile launchers in its forearms.
- Warning Laser: Fires lasers from its eyes.
- Red Alert
- Guard Charge: Raises Defense of an ally.
- Heavens Thunder II: Stronger Thunder Magic.
- Nano Machine Break II
- Atomic Ray: Takes the fission energy emanating from the blue neutron-control turbine on its right shoulder and the fusion energy emanating from the red atom-control turbine on its left shoulder, combines them at the top of its hands, and then fires off a beam which annihilates the opponent.
- Guard Charge Field: Increases all allies Defense.
- Heavens Under III: Powerful Thunder Magic.
- Power Energy III
- Thunder Fall III
- Terrier Tornado: Generates a tiny tornado by spinning its ears like a propeller.
- Bunny Blast: Spews out a shot of superheated air.
- Double Typhoon: A mighty technique in which it performs its "Terrier Tornado" alongside Lopmon's "Tiny Twister".
- Gatling Arm: Fires the vulcans on both of its arms.
- Dumdum Upper: Gets into the opponent's space, then thrusts up a "Gargo Pellets" from below.
- Shocking Net: Thunder Attack, may stun target.
- Mach Rush: Blitzes the opponent with melee damage.
- Thunder Fall: Thunder Attack.
- Mega Barrage: Volley fires its firearms.
- Gargo Missile: Fires a gigantic megaton-class missile from the gun turrets on its shoulders.
- Gargo Missiles: Fires gigantic megaton-class missiles from the gun turrets on its shoulders.
- Mega Twister: Charges the opponent, then lifts them up and spins rapidly before tossing them.
- Power Pummel: Generates pulverizing shock waves from its fists.
Notable possible technique gained via Inheriting skills
- Texture Blow: Turns the enemy into an 8-bit sprite, also cancels out them using any skills.
- Attack/Agility/Mental/Guard Charge Field: Increases the appropriate stat of the entire team.
- Attack/Agility/Mental/Guard Break Field: Decreases the appropriate stat of the enemy team.
- Perfect Revive: Heals an ally from being K'Od.
- Panic Wisp: Causes the enemy to panic.
- Idle Bubble: Puts the enemy to sleep.
- Character Reversal: "Bugs out" the enemy, reversing their weaknesses and resistances.
Key: Early Game | Late Early Game | Mid Game | Late Game | End Game
Note: His Digimon Team is based off the manga, as there is yet to be a canon team revealed for the game.