The Iron Giant is the deuteragonist of the Warner Bros. 1999 animated science fiction film of the same name, voiced by Vin Diesel. He is a genial 50-foot tall autonomous robot from another world that crash lands on Earth before becoming friends with a young boy named Hogarth who rescues him from his own internal defensive mechanism.
With eyes that glow and can change to red when threatened or angry, parts that transform and reassemble (and indestructible to virtually anything), the Giant becomes best friend and hero to Hogarth. While capable of incredible destructive powers and is equipped with highly destructive weapons for the time, he is rendered benign by damage to his head. Hogarth teaches him to use his strength for good rather than destruction, proving to the world that he recognizes the value of life.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C, likely higher with Energy Cannon
Name: The Iron Giant
Origin: The Iron Giant (Series)
Lifting Strength: At least Class 100, possibly Class K
Striking Strength: Unknown. Likely Large Building Class (Is able to easily bend back large metal structures)
Durability: At least Town level, likely City level (Was destroyed by a SLBM Nuclear Warhead, which should be comparable to the Titan-II Warhead, which would yield 9 Megatons)
Range: Extended melee range normally, hundreds of meters with standard weaponry, tens of kilometers with Energy Cannon.
Standard Equipment: The Iron Giant is known to be equipped with several armaments that are far superior to any human weapons
Intelligence: Grows over time however should be very smart combat-wise since he was created to be a weapon of mass destruction
Weaknesses: He hates to kill unless he is provoked wherein he enters in "weapon mode"
- Arm Cannon: On his right arm, the giant's arm retracts to reveal a massive cannon similar to a tank gun. The weapon itself fires a blast of green energy that explodes on contact with the target.
- Laser Vision: Similar to Superman's heat vision, the giant can emit powerful laser beams out of his eyes, that can easily burn straight through thick metal.
- Tri Scorpion Cannons: Three scorpion tail like cannons that comes out of the giants back. The tails appear to target enemies with a spotlight before firing.
- Energy Claw: On his left arm, the giant's arm retracts to reveal another cannon with a claw mounted at the end. The claw fires a sphere of green energy that can vaporize a target on contact.
- Laser Spin Gun: A rotating disc that gets pinched by two needles that shoots out laser beams.
- Energy Cannon: In the center of the giants chest, he can charge a big plasma ball which he shoots at the target. It's destructive capacity is equivalent to or possibly higher than that of a Nuclear Bomb. This is assumed to be the giant's most powerful weapon.