Tessai Tsukabishi (握菱 鉄裁, Tsukabishi Tessai) is an employee of Urahara Shop and a childhood friend of Kisuke Urahara and Yoruichi Shihōin. One hundred years ago, he was the Captain of the Kidō Corps in Soul Society. He was forced into exile by Sōsuke Aizen and is currently hiding in the Human World with Urahara in an untraceable Gigai while helping out in his shop.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A
Name: Tessai Tsukabishi
Age: Unknown, at least over a hundred years
Classification: Soul, Former Captain of the Kidō Corps
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Kidō Master, Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Teleportation, Hakuda Expert, Healing, Spiritual Awareness, Energy Manipulation, Pseudo Flight
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ via power-scaling
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman via power-scaling
Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class via power-scaling
Durability: Multi-City Block level via power-scaling
Standard Equipment: His staff
Intelligence: Tessai is a very intelligent man. As the former captain of the Kidō Corps, he has advanced knowledge and understanding towards the flow of spiritual energy. He is also very knowledgeable of past and present events such as with the events of the Quincy's demise. Tessai is highly perceptive toward a person's demeanor, knowing Urahara would go in search for his then-lieutenant Hiyori Sarugaki despite being ordered not to.
Weaknesses: None notable
Hakuda Expert: While specializing in Kidō, Tessai is a capable physical fighter, allowing him to fight off countless Hollows unarmed.
- Tesshō (鉄掌, Iron Palm): A open palm strike that can effortlessly shatter a Hollow's head to pieces with a single strike.
Enhanced Strength: Tessai possesses great physical strength, made apparent by his ability to smash a Hollow's head to pieces with a single, open-palmed thrust.
Enhanced Durability: In addition to his tremendous strength, Tessai is a highly resilient man. When Rukia kicked him from behind, she only succeeded in hurting herself while Tessai barely registered her presence from it. Also, when he was overwhelmed by Ichigo's awakening of his Shinigami powers, he emerged unfazed and merely complained about his glasses being damaged, causing Jinta to comment that he is like a monster.
Immense Spiritual Power: As a former Kidō Corps captain, Tessai boasts a great amount of spiritual energy, allowing him to use multiple high-level Kidō without tiring.
Kidō Master: As the former Grand Kidō Chief of Soul Society's Kidō Corps, Tessai is extremely skilled in this regard. He has demonstrated the ability to use various high-level Kidō at full power with complete control, including a level 99 Bakudō and level 88 Hadō spell, both without incantation, the latter of which caused tremendous destruction to a large part of the forest it was fired in, despite having the majority of its power blocked by Aizen's defensive Kidō.
- Forbidden Kidō: He has displayed very extensive knowledge of forbidden techniques such as time and space manipulation, which allowed him to teleport the Visored to Urahara's lab and freeze time around them to halt the Hollowfication process.
- Kaidō (回道, Turn Way): He possesses highly proficient skill in healing Kidō, having repeatedly healed Ichigo and his friends when battle-worn and healing Ururu after she was fatally impaled through the chest.
- Jikanteishi (時間停止, Temporal Stasis): Halts time in a specific area.
- Kūkanten'i (空間転位, Spatial Displacement): Teleports a specified portion of space from one point to another. During this transfer, currently active Kidō spells remain as such.
- Hadō #88: Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō (飛竜撃賊震天雷炮, Flying Dragon-Striking Heaven-Shaking Thunder Cannon): A high-level Hadō which only Kidō masters can use. Tessai raises his arm forward and outstretched, occasionally using their free hand to grip the firing arm for extra support, with the palm facing flat toward the target, and fires a gigantic beam of electrical and spiritual energy, which creates an enormous explosion upon impact.
- Bakudō #99, Part 1: Kin (禁, Prohibition): The practitioner holds their palms away from themselves, with their arms extended out to the sides, before clasping their hands together, with the fingers intertwined intricately, causing their target's arms to be bound to their back with spiritual fabric and iron shafts.
- Bakudō #99, Part 2: Bankin (卍禁, Full Prohibition): Tessai slams his fingers into the ground and releases white spiritual energy, which coalesces into a white fabric. As the fabric wraps around the opponent, covering him/her from head to toe (Prologue), the opponent is impaled by numerous metal bolts (Refrain) before being smashed with an immense metal cube from above (Finale).