Tentacruel is a Water and Poison-Type Pokemon from the first generation that resembles a jellyfish and a squid. It evolves from Tentacool at level 30. It is known as the "Gangster of the Sea".
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A
Gender: Varies. 50% Male, 50% Female
Classification: Jellyfish, Water Pokemon, Poison Pokemon, Sea Pokemon, Gangster of the Sea
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Mind Control, Water Manipulation, Body Control, Poison Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Reactive Evolution, Ice Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Statistics Amplification or Forcefield Creation depending on the interpretation of Barrier, Energy Manipulation, Resistance to Poison/Acid, Metal, Fire, Water, and Ice Manipulation, as well as attacks from fairies, bugs, and fighters, Immunity to having its stats lowered
Attack Potency: At least Mountain level+ (Comparable to other fully evolved pokemon)
Speed: At least Transonic
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class+
Durability: At least Mountain level+
Stamina: Above average
Range: Several meters to a few kilometers due to size and ranged attacks.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: High (Took over a city and used the talking Meowth to communicate with humans)
Weaknesses: Weak to Ground, Electricity, and Psychic-type attacks.
- Clear Body: Tentacruel is immune to being hit with stat-lowering attacks.
- Liquid Ooze: When an opponent tries to drain Tentacruel, he or she takes some of its ooze, which hurts the target instead of heals them.
- Reflect Type: Tentacruel changes types to match the opponents.
- Wring Out: Tentacruel powerfully wrings the foe and does additional damage that is directly proportional to the target's current health (deals more damage when the target is healthy than when they're injured).
- Poison Sting: Tentacruel stabs the opponent with poisonous barbs that can poison a target.
- Supersonic: Tentacruel releases supersonic sound waves to confuse a target.
- Constrict: Tentacruel constricts the opponent with its long, creeping tentacles.
- Acid: Tentacruel sprays the opponent with a harsh, hide melting acid that lowers defense.
- Poison Spikes: Tentacruel lays a trap of poisonous spikes at the opponent's feet.
- Water Pulse: Tentacruel attacks with ultrasonic water waves that can confuse a target.
- Wrap: Tentacruel wraps around the target and squeezes for a while.
- Acid Spray: Tentacruel spits fluid that works to melt the target that harshly lowers defense.
- Bubble Beam: Tentacruel forcefully ejects a spray of bubbles that lower the speed of the opponent.
- Barrier: Tentacruel creates a barrier that sharply raises its defense.
- Poison Jab: Tentacruel stabs the opponent with its tentacle seeped in poison. It can poison the target.
- Brine: Tentacruel releases a strong stream of water that rubs salt in its opponents' wounds, doubling the damage dealt after half of the target's vitality is spent.
- Screech: Tentacruel releases a horrible, ear-splitting screech that sharply lowers the target's defense.
- Hex: Tentacruel uses rings of dark energy to attack. Does double damage if the opponent is afflicted with a status condition.
- Sludge Wave: Tentacruel swamps the area with a tidal wave of sludge. Can poison the target.
- Hydro Pump: Tentacruel releases a high volume of high-powered water to attack.
- Blizzard: Tentacruel hits with an icy storm that may freeze the opponent (Pokemon GO only)