|“||The best weapons are beautiful.||„|
Taric is the Aspect of the Protector, wielding incredible power as Runeterra’s guardian of life, love, and beauty. Shamed by a dereliction of duty and exiled from his homeland Demacia, Taric ascended Mount Targon to find redemption, only to discover a higher calling among the stars. Imbued with the might of ancient Targon, the Shield of Valoran now stands ever vigilant against the insidious corruption of the Void.
Powers and Stats
Name: Taric, the Shield of Valoran, the Protector, Oathbreaker
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Magically Altered Human, Earthly Incarnation of the Celestial Aspect of Protection
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled mace user, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Aura generation (Defense and offense augmenting), Gemcraft Magic, Healing, Able to manipulate gems and crystals, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Levitation, Forcefield creation, Temporary Invulnerability
Attack Potency: Country level (Comparable to the other Targonian Aspects; Pantheon, Leona, and Diana, As a Celestial Aspect he should be on par with the Ascendants as he derives his power from the same source)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with Relativistic+ reactions and combat speed (Comparable to Pantheon, Leona, and Diana)
Striking Strength: Country Class
Range: Extended melee range with mace, Several meters with magic
Standard Equipment: Bravado (His Gem Mace), Bastion, Starting/Essential Items (Health Potions, Face of the Mountain, Ruby Sightstone, Boots of Swiftness, Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage, Warding Totem)
Intelligence: Above average
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Taric hits the opponent with his mace. Augmented by Gemcraft and Bravado.
- Bravado: Taric infuses his next two basic attacks whenever he casts an ability. He swings faster with these two attacks, which deal increased damage and reduce his cooldowns.
- Starlight’s Touch: Taric heals himself and all nearby allies based on the number of Starlight's Touch charges he’s stored. Taric generates up to three charges over time.
- Bastion: All of Taric’s abilities are simultaneously cast from both Taric and his linked ally. Taric links with an ally, shielding them from damage. Bastion remains on Taric’s ally until he recasts it onto another ally, or the two move far enough apart to break their link. Bastion also passively increases Taric’s armor.
- Dazzle: After a brief delay, Taric fires out a short wave of celestial energy in a target direction that stuns all enemies struck. Can also be fired as a prismatic sphere which stuns target enemies and deals them magic damage, which increases with the target's proximity to him.
- Cosmic Radiance: Taric calls on the stars themselves for protection. After a moderate delay, he and all nearby allies become invulnerable for a few seconds.
- Gemcraft: After using an ability, Taric's next basic attack deals 20% bonus magic damage and reduces his abilities' cooldowns by 2 seconds.
- Imbue: Taric heals the target ally or himself. If he targets an ally, he heals himself for the same amount, and if he targets himself, the heal is increased by 40%.
- Shatter: Taric shatters his gemstones, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies and reducing their armor for 4 seconds. While Shatter is not on cooldown, Taric gains bonus armor. He also gives off an aura that grants himself and nearby allies bonus armor equal to 12% of his armor.
- Radiance: Taric slams the ground with his mace, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies. For the next 10 seconds, he also gains bonus attack damage and ability power, while also generating an aura that grants half of those bonuses to nearby allied champions.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Face of the Mountain: Grants bonus health, regeneration, and cooldown reduction. Also instantly executes weak minions healing the owner and a nearby ally. This effect requires an ally to be in close proximity of the wielder.
- Deadly Phalanx: Grant a shield to the wielder or a target ally for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, the shield explodes, dealing magic damage and slowing nearby enemies regardless of if the shield remained intact.
- Ruby Sightstone: Grants bonus health and reduces item cooldowns.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 4 charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
- Boots of Swiftness: Grants bonus movement speed and reduces the effectiveness of slows by 25%.
- Frozen Heart: Grants bonus armor and cooldown reduction, and cripples nearby enemies' attack speed by 15%.
- Spirit Visage: Grants bonus health, magic resistance, regeneration, and cooldown reduction, and increases effectiveness of all sources of health restoration by 25%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.