Mercenary Tao (桃白白 or タオパイパイ, Tao Pai Pai) is an antagonist in the Dragon Ball manga, and the anime Dragon Ball, also making two filler appearances in Dragon Ball Z. He is a highly skilled assassin-for-hire, as well as the younger brother of Master Shen. He charges a hefty price for his expert services, as he normally charges ten billion Zeni per kill, but gave Commander Red a 20th anniversary discount of five billion Zeni (fifty million in the Japanese version).
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-B | 6-C
Name: Tao Pai Pai/Mercenary Tao
Origin: Dragon Ball
Classification: Human, Martial Artist, Cyborg
Attack Potency: City Block level (Fractured General Blue's skull [who previously surived the crash of his plane at the side of a mountain at full speed], later almost killed Kid Goku with his Dodonpa, the latter was saved by his Grandpa's Dragon Ball) | Island level (Is capable of only slight damage on Tien)
Speed: Hypersonic+ (Stated that a jet would take too long and opted for alternate means of travel by throwing a pillar that traveled 2300 km in less than 30 minutes and caught his own pillar after he threw it) | At least Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: Class M (Capable of throwing stone pillars 2300 km)
Striking Strength: Class GJ | Class EJ
Durability: City Block level (Tanked Goku's Kamehameha wave which punched through an underwater hill, but is significantly less if he is hurt) | Island level
Stamina: He possessed enough stamina to battle with Goku and then run up Korin's Tower in their second encounter
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Tens of kilometers with ki blasts and attacks.
Standard Equipment: Regular Tao uses pillars, ki attacks, and brute strength. Cyborg Tao uses a concealed knife and the Super Dodonpa, an arm cannon that fires ki attacks with a larger area of effect than his normal Dodonpa.
Intelligence: Mastery of various martial arts techniques and skills, years of experience fighting both powerful and diverse enemies who have various abilities and powers. Is a combat/tactical genius for the most parts.
Weaknesses: Tao is extremely arrogant, he was nearly killed by his own grenade | Outclassed by his own student Tien, as well as being truly terrified of both Goku and his kin.
- Pressure Point Attack: Tao uses his tongue or fingers to pierce the opponent's temple, striking their pressure point and killing them. He does this with General Blue, stating that he does not need his hands to kill the man, and later to the tailor he forced to make a new copy of his uniform.
- Flying Pillar: Tao throws a pillar (or something similar, like a tree) into the air in a certain speed and direction, then jumps on it, riding it to his destination. The pillar may also strike the opponents at the landing spot.
- Dodon Ray: The Crane School's signature technique. A super heated ray fired from the tip of his finger.
- Swordsmanship: From a capsule, Tao brings out a sword for fighting.
- Ultimate Final Strategy: Tao launches his pillar at that opponent, however, Tao's opponent kicks him, in which he begs for mercy to make his opponents drop their guard. When Tao's opponent will then walk away, Tao pulls out a hand grenade and throws it at his opponent.
- Grenade: Used to end the Ultimate Final Strategy technique.
- Hidden Blade: After Tao became a cyborg, he is able to disconnect his left hand to reveal a retractable knife.
- 3D Scan Mode: A mode that allows for advanced scanning of enemies. Cyborg Tao uses this before unleashing his Super Dodon Wave.
- Super Dodon Wave: After Tao became a cyborg, he is able to disconnect his right hand to reveal a built-in cannon which can fire an enhanced Dodon Ray. This technique also has lock-on capabilities and is Cyborg Tao's ultimate attack.
Key: Human Tao | Cyborg Tao