Takeshi Yamamoto, addressed as "Yamamoto" by almost everyone in the series, has a warm and friendly personality and is rarely seen not smiling. He is, however, very naive. Yamamoto is the type of character that can make friends with everyone. However, Yamamoto can become angry when his friends are hurt or injured. He is also willing to sacrifice things important to him to save his friends from danger. He is a fairly-tall teenager with short, spiky black hair and large brown eyes. Despite his easy-going personality, Yamamoto has shown that he has hidden talent as a hitman.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-A | At least 7-C, likely higher | At least 7-C, likely higher | At least 7-B | At least 7-A, possibly higher | At least 7-A, likely higher
Name: Takeshi Yamamoto
Origin: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Age: 16 (Pre-TS), 26 (Post-TS)
Classification: Human, Swordman
Powers and abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman, Rain Flame user, Limited Water Manipulation, Summoning (Box Weapon), Flight, Can detect vibrations across a wide area via Rain Flame Radar, Can paralyze his opponents via Attacco di Squalo, Can slow down opponents' movements or attacks, Power Nullification via Rain Flame's tranquility, Forcefield Creation
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Fought and defeated Squalo) | At least Town level, likely higher (As adult version of himself, he is far stronger than before) | At least Town level, likely higher (Comparable to Gukudera who fought Gamma) | At least City level (Casually defeated Genkishi, should be comparable to Gokudera) | At least Mountain level, possibly higher (As a holder of an Original Vongola Ring, he should be superior to all of the Real Funeral Wreaths. Also shouldn't be far weaker than Tsuna) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Fought and damaged Daemon Spade, held his own against a group of Vindice for a while)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Kept up with Squalo) | At least Massively Hypersonic | At least Massively Hypersonic | At least Massively Hypersonic | At least Massively Hypersonic | At least Massively Hypersonic, likely higher
Lifting Strength: Peak Human
Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class | At least Town Class | At least Town Class | At least City Class | At least Mountain Class, possibly higher | At least Mountain Class, likely higher
Durability: Multi-City Block level | At least Town level, likely higher | At least Town level, likely higher | At least City level | At least Mountain level, possibly higher | At least Mountain level, likely higher
Stamina: High (Beat Squalo while heavily injured)
Range: Extended melee range with his sword, several hundred meters with some techniques.
- Yamamoto's Bat: A bat that was given to Yamamoto by Reborn before receiving the Shigure Kintoki or learning the Shigure Soen Ryu. When swung at 300 km per hour, it transforms into a blade.
- Shigure Kintoki: A Katana inherited by his father, before his battle for the Rain ring. It is a shinai that transforms into a Katana when the Shigure Soen Style is used.
- Box Weapon: Water: This Box Weapon was seen used by Future Yamamoto for defensive measures. It is shown to be able to withstand Dying Will Flames to some extent. Yamamoto is also able to use this Box to support his Shigure Soen Ryu techniques, which require the use of water. The Water that comes out of this Box Weapon has the Rain Flame's Tranquility ability. When used in battle, the Water weakens/nullifies enemies' attacks and renders them useless.
- Box Weapon: Rondine di Pioggia (Rain Swallow): Yamamoto has named it "Kojirou". It's a Rain Attribute Box Weapon that is clad in Rain Flames. Its Flames are strong enough to actually extinguish enemy Flames and also have other uses such as providing camouflage. Furthermore, it can send rain by using the moisture in the atmosphere. It is capable of high-speed flight, and, because all its abilities but strength are high, it is a Box Weapon that conceals exceedingly advanced three-dimensional fighting abilities.
- Box Weapon: Cane di Pioggia ver. Vongola (Rain Dog ver. Vongola): Named Jirou. It's Yamamoto's exclusive Rain Vongola Box. It provides support by carrying Yamamoto's three short swords. That being said, there is nothing to criticize about its basic performance and one can hold expectations about its future development. Jirou, along with Kojirou, is one of the two Box Animals that comprise Yamamoto's Vongola Box.
- Cambio Forma: Ugetsu Asari's Four Irregular Swords (Change Form: Morning Benefit Moon Obscured by Rain): A set of swords consisting of one long sword and three short swords. This set of swords was used by the First Generation Vongola Guardian of the Rain Ring, Ugetsu Asari. Yamamoto, uses a similar set of swords through the Cambio Forma of his Vongola Box Animal. The long sword which Yamamoto uses has the Roman Numeral I on it to symbolize the connection with the First Generation. What is different is that the short swords have blades made of rain flames (thus allowing variation of length) and can be used as propellants.
- Cambio Forma Version Vongola Gear: When Yamamoto uses his Vongola Gear Cambio Forma, he gains two katana swords, bracers on both of his arms and metal armored sandals. Yamamoto's clothing also changes to a more traditional Samurai garb outfit consisting of a Kamishimo and a Hakama. On both of his hips rest sheaths, presumably for his two swords. On the end of each sword are figurines of his box animals, the left being Jirou and the right being Kojirou. Finally, as with most of the Vongola Gear the weapon gains rings of text. Yamamoto's rings revolve around his sword pommels. The left sword Jirou's ability can be utilized through the use of Sadachi: Kirisame, the first offensive twelfth stance of the Shigure Soen Ryu style. The right sword, Kojirou, is used for attacking with the second Shigure Soen Ryu offensive twelfth stance, Udachi: Kirisame.
Intelligence: Genius in combat, also a quick learner, remembering all 8 forms of the Shigure Soen Ryu despite only being shown once. He also manages to develop a new form of the style, the 9th form, in a life-or-death situation. However, he is naive to the point of believing that he is actually playing a role-playing game with very advanced special effects. Despite witnessing supernatural powers (and eventually using them himself) and coming close to death several times, he never figures out that it's all real.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Rain Flame: The blue flame that have shimmers of some kind flowing through them, giving them an appearance similar to rippling water. Rain Flames are in many ways more similar to water than actual flames.
- Tranquility: Rain Flame's characteristic. It allows the Flame's wielder to slow down their opponent's movements or attacks. One proficient in the usage of the Rain Flame can use its Tranquility characteristic to such a degree that anything entering a certain barrier will be completely immobilized, effectively breaking a machine or killing a human.
- Shigure Soen Ryu: Yamamoto inherited this deadly Sword Style from his father who taught him eight Forms, four Defensive and four Offensive. Yamamoto has since developed three new Forms and, thanks to his training with Squalo, has also developed Aggregate Art, a move that combines all the Shigure Souen Forms together.
- Shajiku no Ame (Axle of Rain): First offensive form of Shigure Soen Ryu. Yamamoto is seen using this technique by coating his katana with Rain Flames while charging forward to attack with a thrust to impale a target.
- Sakamaku Ame (Rolling Rain): Defensive second form of the Shigure Soen Ryu style. Yamamoto creates multiple waves of water around him and crouches whilst holding his sword vertically before himself as a method of defense.
- Yarazu no Ame (Last Minute Rain): Offensive third form of the Shigure Soen Ryu style, in which Yamamoto drops his Shigure Kintoki, kicking the base of the hilt with his foot to send it propelling towards the intended target.
- Gofuu Juuu (May Wind, October Rain): Fourth technique in Shigure Soen Ryu and it's defensive. The user synchronizes with their enemy's breathing to evade their attacks at high speed.
- Samidare (Early Summer Rain): Offensive fifth stance of the Shigure Soen Ryu style. The user holds their sword in one hand and slashes at their opponent, but instead of actually attacking, pulls off a feint. Meanwhile, the actual katana is falling to the user's other hand to create a genuine slash after the intended target is caught off guard attempting to dodge the first feint attack.
- Shibuki Ame (Shigeru Fuki U, Splashing Rain): Defensive seventh movement performed by those who utilize the Shigure Soen Ryu style. The user holds their blade backwards and spins it to create a whirlwind-like shield.
- Shinotsuku Ame (Pouring Rain or Pelting Rain): 8th and one of the offensive forms of the Shigure Soen Ryu. Yamamoto uses the blade of the sword to cut around the bearer. Yamamoto mentioned that it was the easiest of the eight forms for him to learn. As a result, uses it far more than any other in the series.
- Utsushi Ame (Duplicate Rain): 9th form of Shigure Soen Ryu, which is for offensive use, created by Yamamoto during the Rain Ring Battle. Yamamoto creates a wave of water that acts as a mirror, so when his target is distracted by the reflection on the water, he strikes from the opposing direction.
- Scontro di Rondine (Clash of the Swallow): Offensive tenth form of the Shigure Soen Ryu style. Whilst performing this technique, the user becomes coated with a large amount of water and Rain Flames. Led by a Rain Swallow, it enables the user to attack with amazing speed and power.
- Beccata di Rondine (Swallow's Beak): Offensive eleventh form of the Shigure Soen Ryu style, created by Takeshi Yamamoto. To use it, the user rapidly thrusts the Shigure Kintoki numerous times towards a target, much like a flock of attacking swallows, hence the technique's name.
- Aggregate Art: Jiunoka (Rainy Metamorphosis): A technique utilized by Yamamoto combining all his Shigure Soen Ryu forms to strike moving objects with Rain Flames, causing lethargic symptoms with the Flame's Tranquility ability. In Yamamoto's fight against Genkishi during Choice, Yamamoto used this technique to slow Genkishi and his Extra Danza Spettro Spada to the point where they appeared to be frozen in place.
- Sadachi: Kirisame (Brazen Left Blade: Drizzle): First offensive Twelfth stance of the Shigure Soen Ryu style used through Yamamoto's Cambio Forma Version Vongola Gear. This technique uses the left blade Jirou to fire multiple compressed airwaves which can cut the enemy into pieces. Even if the attack doesn't hit, it will use the left blade Jirou's ability to "Sniff" out the enemy and catch its smell by touching the air, allowing it to instantly remember what the opponent smells like. It is synchronized with Yamamoto, allowing him see the what he's slashed through smell, thus making it impossible for the opponent to hide. Therefore, this is the perfect technique against illusionists.
- Udachi: Kirisame (Brazen Right Blade: Cutting Rain): Second offensive twelfth stance of the Shigure Soen Ryu style created by Yamamoto. It is used with Yamamoto's Cambio Forma Version Vongola Gear. This technique uses the right blade, Kojirou, to fire swallows made out of Rain Flames to impale the enemy. This attack is used right after the use of the left blade Jirou's attack (Sadachi: Kirisame) which allows Yamamoto to see what he's slashed through smell. The fired swallows are synchronized with Yamamoto, allowing them to see what Yamamoto is seeing. In conjunction with his Sadachi: Kirisame, it becomes impossible for the opponent to dodge or hide; therefore, this is the perfect attack against any illusionists or other mist techniques.
- Attaco di Squalo (Attack of the Shark): A shockwave attack which turns a powerful blow into an oscillating wave that stuns the opponent's muscles. He improved Attaco di Squalo by adding Rain Flames in his Shigure Kintoki
- Rain Flame Radar: An ability to see through invisible attacks by using his Ring's Flames as a radar to detect vibrations in the air, Yamamoto learns what the radar reads through his Box Weapon, Kojirou.
Key: Varia Arc | Future Arc (Older Version) | Future Arc (Present Version) | Choice Arc | With Original Vongola Ring | Inheritance Ceremony Arc/Curse of the Rainbow Arc