|“||"Omatsuri" are another way of saying "kami asobi", which means it's a time when gods play with humans!||„|
|~ Suwako Moriya|
Suwako Moriya (洩矢 諏訪子) is the original goddess of the Moriya Shrine, prior to Kanako's take over. Officially the shrine belongs to Kanako, but Suwako handles the divine services. She is a native god born from and formed of faith. Sanae Kochiya is her distant descendant and shrine maiden.
Powers and Stats
Name: Suwako Moriya
Origin: Touhou Project
Age: Unknown (at the very least two thousand years old)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Magic, can create and manipulate Earth, Water Manipulation, can manipulate and 'bestow' curses, Transformation, Danmaku, Non-Corporeal and Duplication (The true form of a God exists as an idea, and a god can spread and manifest itself in any amount of physical bodies, each with equal power), Immortality (Type 1 and 4)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to Reimu and others on her level)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level
Range: Hundreds of meters
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Weaknesses: Suwako is dependent on faith
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
- Creation of Earth: Suwako's ability to create earth directly refers to the concept of Kun (坤) within Taoist philosophy. Kun is the pinnacle of the native god and is associated with acceptance, devotion, subtlety, flexibility, and reaction instead of action. It is the opposite element to Kanako's Qian. Through it, Suwako can create and manipulate earthly things - such as stone and the earth itself, water (especially rivers), and plant life. She can both render the soil more fertile, or curse it to the point that not even weeds can grow.
- Curse Gods (The Mishaguji): The Mishaguji are fearsome curse gods that gathered much faith in the past by cursing harvests, births, and wars, amongst other things. Despite their reputation, Suwako managed to tame them and bring them under her control. Their breath can render the land barren, and Suwako uses them to dig tunnels for her use.
- Ancient Geyser: An attack that spews water from Suwako's feet. She rides the water and attacks from the air.
- Ancient Iron Ring: Spins a light-infused metal ring around, and attacks the enemy.
- Ancient Jade: Collects jades from underground and shoots them as high-speed projectiles. Short delay before firing, but a powerful attack that can be used both above and below ground.
- Giant Toad God: Shoots out a frog-like aura. The silhouette itself can't be hit but can be used to restrain the enemy, so it's useful in melee combat. Can be used below or above ground.
- Lake of Great Earth: A diving attack towards the earth. Tackles the enemy and damages the area. Can also be used underground to catch the enemy off guard.
- Mr. Long-Arm and Mr. Long-Leg: Four aimed beams of light shoot out from each of Suwako's limbs.
- Native God's Scourge: Using the power of Mishaguji, the scourge god, shoots out homing clouds. They're weak but they can curse the enemy with adverse effects if they hit.
- Rain-Calling God: Brings down rain sprinkler-style from overhead.
- Scourged Earth: Mishaguji's power springs forth from Suwako's feet, creating a vortex of cursed energy, which will affect the enemy. Can be used underground or standing up.
- Stone Frog God: Rides a frog-shaped boulder from underground and thrusts into the enemy. Pretty strong attack, and if done correctly, can't easily be countered.
- Water Frog God: A water frog springs from Suwako's hat and bounces on the ground towards the enemy. Explodes when near.
- Divine Tool "Moriya's Iron Ring": Throws metal rings that jump around inside the screen. Releases three of them, so there's not really a lot of places to run. It's a wonderful skill, but note that the rings will disappear if Suwako is hit.
- Frog Hunt "The Snake Eats the Croaking Frog": A snake-shaped boulder springs from the ground and devours the enemy.
- Frog Nap "Can Always Hibernate": Only usable underground. Suwako sleeps and recovers health.
- Native God "Froggy Braves the Wind and Rain": Shoots out a flurry of water bullets from her hands. After a period of time, they rain down upon the enemy.
- Native God "Lord Long-Arm and Lord Long-Leg": Beams godly power from her limbs.
- Native God "Moriya God": A giant frog aura surrounds Suwako and attacks the enemy.
- Native God "Red Frogs of Houei 4": Splits and attacks the enemy.
- Party Start "Two Bows, Two Claps, and One Bow": A pair of giant stone hands appear and squish the enemy in a pincer attack.
- Scourge God "Mishaguji-Sama": The scourge god obeys Suwako, and spreads curses around to the enemy.
- Spring Sign "Jade of the Horrid River": Unleashes a torrent of water from the back of the screen. For her, who created the earth, bending rivers is a piece of cake.
- Spring Sign "Suwa Clear Water": A spell card that drowns the enemy in water.