|“||'Omatsuri' are another way of saying 'kami asobi', which means it's a time when gods play with humans!||„|
|~ Suwako Moriya|
Suwako Moriya (洩矢 諏訪子, Moriya Suwako) is the original goddess of the Moriya Shrine, prior to Kanako's take over. Officially the shrine belongs to Kanako, but Suwako handles the divine services. She is a native god born from and formed of faith, and Sanae Kochiya is her distant descendant and shrine maiden.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C
Name: Suwako Moriya
Origin: Touhou Project
Age: Unknown (at the very least two thousand years old)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Magic, Danmaku, Earth Manipulation (Can create and manipulate Earth), Plant Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Curse Manipulation (Can manipulate and 'bestow' curses), Transformation, Forcefield Creation, Soul Manipulation (Can harm Phantoms and Evil Spirits with her regular attacks), Limited Conceptual Manipulation (All gods can give "names" to things, giving them a concept of their own, and a defined border. She can also modify her own concept/name), Non-Corporeal and Duplication (The true form of a God exists as an idea, and a god can spread and manifest itself in any amount of physical bodies, each with equal power), Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation (Gods precede concepts and thus do not need one to exist), Immortality (Type 1 and 4)
Striking Strength: Large Star Class
Durability: Large Star level
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Intelligence: High. Suwako is quite old and experienced and is exceptionally cunning.
Weaknesses: Suwako is dependent on faith.
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
- Creation of Earth: Suwako's ability to create earth directly refers to the concept of Kun (坤) within Taoist philosophy. Kun is the pinnacle of the native god and is associated with acceptance, devotion, subtlety, flexibility, and reaction instead of action. It is the opposite element to Kanako's Qian. Through it, Suwako can create and manipulate earthly things - such as stone and the earth itself, water (especially rivers), and plant life. She can both render the soil more fertile, or curse it to the point that not even weeds can grow.
- Curse Gods (The Mishaguji): The Mishaguji are fearsome curse gods that gathered much faith in the past by cursing harvests, births, and wars, amongst other things. Despite their reputation, Suwako managed to tame them and bring them under her control. Their breath can render the land barren, and Suwako uses them to dig tunnels for her use.
- Ancient Geyser: Water spews from under Suwako's feet, propelling her into the air.
- Ancient Iron Ring: Suwako creates a spinning ring of metal and throws it at her opponent.
- Ancient Jade: Suwako gathers jades from underground and fires them at her opponent as powerful high-speed projectiles.
- Giant Toad God: Suwako emanates a frog-like aura that damages and restrains her opponents.
- Lake of Great Earth: Suwako dives towards the earth and brings her enemy down with her, shattering the ground.
- Mishaguji Scourge: With the power of the Mishaguji, Suwako directly curses her opponent, lowering their defenses.
- Mr. Long-Arm and Mr. Long-Leg: Suwako fires a laser from each of her limbs.
- Native God's Scourge: Suwako uses the power of the Mishaguji to create a cloud of curses that follows her opponent.
- Rain-calling Frog: Rain sprinkles from the sky in a large area around Suwako, covering a wide ground.
- Scourged Earth: The power of the Mishaguji bursts from the ground in front of Suwako, cursing anyone caught in the blast.
- Stone Frog God: A frog-shaped boulder bursts from underground, and Suwako rides it into her enemy.
- Water Frog God: Suwako takes off her hat and an explosive frog jumps out of it and towards her opponent.
- Divine Tool "Moriya's Iron Ring": Suwako throws out three metal rings that bounce around her surroundings.
- Frog Hunt "The Snake Eats the Croaking Frog": A massive snake-shaped boulder bursts from the ground below her opponent, devouring them.
- Frog Nap "Can Always Hibernate": Suwako jumps underground and takes a nap, with the shockwave she creates when jumping into the earth knocking her opponent back.
- Native God "Froggy Braves the Wind and Rain": Suwako shoots a large quantity of water into the air, and it falls back to the ground, raining on her opponent.
- Native God "Lord Long-Arm and Lord Long-Leg": Suwako stretches out her arms and legs and emits a burst of powerful godly power from them.
- Native God "Moriya God": A giant frog aura appears around Suwako and strikes at her opponent, knocking them back.
- Native God "Red Frogs of Houei 4": Suwako splits into two bodies, one of which charges at her opponent and attacks them with bursts of red danmaku.
- Party Start "Two Bows, Two Claps, and One Bow": With a clap, two hands of stone rise from the earth and crush Suwako's opponent between them.
- Scourge God "Mishaguji-sama": The Mishaguji appear at Suwako's command and attack her opponent from all sides with curses.
- Spring Sign "Jade of the Horrid River": Suwako summons the waters of a raging river, which rush forwards ahead of her and crash into her opponent.
- Spring Sign "Suwa Clear Water": Suwako sprays a torrent of water from her mouth.