Steelix is the evolved form of Onix. It evolves after being traded while holding a Metal Coat.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 6-C | At least 6-C
Gender: Male or female
Age: Varies, though according to the Pokedex, Steelix evolve naturally when Onix hits 100 years.
Classification: Iron Snake Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can dig underground, Can make itself more durable, Can cause earthquakes, Powerful bite force, Can use rock and steel based attacks, Can cause sandstorms, Can lower its weight, Limited Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation via the elemental fang attacks, Limited Darkness Manipulation, Can use dragon type moves, Paralysis inducement, Freezing inducement, and burn inducement, Large Size | Same as base, but stronger
Speed: Relativistic | At least Relativistic
Lifting Strength: Class 100 | Class 100
Striking Strength: Island Class | At least Island Class
Durability: Island level (Its body is made harder than diamond by the iron it ingests when it eats soil. It is further strengthened by the pressure and heat underground) | At least Island level
Range: Extended melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks.
Standard Equipment: Steelixite (Allows it to Mega Evolve)
Weaknesses: Steelix is weak to fire based attacks, water based attacks, fighting based attacks, ground based attacks.
- Iron Tail: Steelix strikes the foes hard with its hard tail.
- Dragon Breath: Steelix fires an energy beam from its mouth at its targets. It may also paralyze them.
- Sandstorm: Steelix can summon a sandstorm on the battlefield, which can blind the foes and make it harder to hit Steelix.
- Dig: Steelix digs into the ground, then attacks the foe.
- Bind: Steelix squeezes its targets with its whole body.
- Crunch: Steelix bites the foe with its fangs. The target may become less durable against its other attacks.
- Rock Head: When Steelix uses an attack that inflicts recoil damage, it doesn't get hit with recoil.
Key: Steelix | Mega Steelix