|“||Let me guess. You're gonna attempt to overthrow Megatron, fail, cry, then repeat the cycle.||„|
Starscream is the treacherous Decepticon Air Commander and the deadliest of the Seekers. The self-proclaimed pride of the Cybertron War Academy, he's famous not only for his incredible skill, but also for his limitless (and troublesome) ambition. Starscream believes that he is more suited for command than Decepticon leader Megatron. Thankfully for Megatron, Starscream's mutinous, power-grabbing plots are almost always transparent, and he can never muster up enough patience to complete a grandiose power play. Even on the few times he has taken command of the Decepticons, he quickly loses control of a situation, but is too arrogant to realize when he's in over his head. He never learns from his mistakes, but then again, Megatron doesn't either, seeing as how he's never turned Starscream into slag. Despite his constant failures, Starscream believes it is only a matter of time before he prevails, his destiny is inevitable.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C, possibly 8-B | 7-B to 7-A | 4-B to possibly 3-B | Likely 7-C | 7-B to 5-C or 5-A | 8-C, possibly 8-B | Possibly 5-A | Likely at least 8-A, possibly 7-B or 4-C | 7-A | High 1-C
Name: Starscream aka the Silver Snake, Guiltar
Age: At least 4 million years (Over 9 million years in cartoon)
Height: 5 meters (According to cartoon scale charts)
Function: Aerospace Commander of the Decepticon battle fleet
Alternate mode: Pyramid fighter jet (Cybertron), F-15 Eagle (Earth), Gun-Truck (as Guiltar), Sachiel (Transformers x Evangelion), Mitsuoka Orochi (Transformers Alternity)
Classification: Decepticon, Seeker/Jetron/Questor
Attack Potency: Building level to possibly City Block level (W/ lasers or cluster bombs) | City level (Could destroy major human cities) to Mountain level (Took down Omega Supreme) | At least Solar System level (Absorbed the Underbase's full power which casually breathes fire into stars or causes supernovas, referenced as the "power cosmic") to potentially Multi-Galaxy level (Claimed his power would shake the universe) | Likely Town level (Pretender shell was a match for Powermaster Optimus Prime and Scorponok) | At least City level (Without the Matrix the Warworld wiped out San Francisco under its own power), likely Moon level (Starscream had full control over the moon-sized Warworld) to possibly Large Planet level (Optimus previously used the Matrix to destroy the Saturn-sized Unicron) | Building level to possibly City Block level (W/ lasers or cluster bombs) | Possibly Large Planet level (Fought Galvatron and Rodimus Prime, combines Optimus Prime's and Megatron's power) | Likely at least Multi-City Block level (This form is a transformed space station), possibly City level (Can summon asteroids via warp gate with potential to harm Earth) or Star level (Opened portal to black hole) | Mountain level (Fused with Sachiel) | High Complex Multiverse level (Destroyed Optimus' Alternity avatar).
Speed: Superhuman in robot mode with Supersonic+ in flight and reactions ("Starscream is one of the fastest flyers of the Decepticons, reaching speeds up to Mach 2.8" ; "Subject's speed in jet-mode is great, with Mach 3 being nothing more than a casual cruising speed for him.") | Likely at least Hypersonic (Quickly travels between Earth cities) with FTL reactions (Dodges Blaster's electro-scrambler blasts) | Likely Lightspeed (Power preserved as patterns of light, traveled from outside the Milky Way Galaxy, the Underbase was shown quickly passing planets and stars in space before causing their destruction) | At least Superhuman movement with likely at least Supersonic+ reactions (Shell improves base stats, should physically be able to react to his own jet mode's speed) and can hold his own against Optimus Prime | Likely FTL space speed | Massively Hypersonic (Has achieved escape velocity) with Massively FTL in space travel (Can casually cross the galaxy from Cybertron to Earth and back) | Unknown (Can fight an army of Autobots and Decepticons in space) | At least Superhuman travel speed in gun truck mode with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions (Based on Optimus and Megatron's abilities) | Superhuman movement with potentially Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Based on Sachiel) | FTL space travel (In car mode). Normally Immeasurable (Auto-Avatar body as member of Questors through time-space powers)
Lifting Strength: Class K (Easily lifted a petrol truck and has lifted several hundred tons worth of machinery) | At least Class K (Easily lifted the 170 ton Obelisco de Buenos Aires) | Unknown. At least Class M due to sheer size | At least Class K to possibly Class M ("Subject has above-average physical strength which have been boosted by the addition of his heavily armored Pretender shell." Strength is higher than base form and a match for leader-class characters like Optimus and Scorponok) | Class E (Is moon-sized) | At least Class 25 (Can lift Megatron) | At least Class K (Due to size) | Class M (Based on Optimus and Megatron) | Class M+ (Based on Sachiel) | Immeasurable
Striking Strength: At least Building Class (Fought and defeated Brawn) | City Class to Mountain Class (Defeated Omega Supreme) | At least Solar System Class (Can make stars go supernova) | At least Town Class (Can injure Powermaster Optimus Prime, "Subject has above-average physical strength which have been boosted by the addition of his heavily armored Pretender shell.") | Unknown. Possibly Moon Class (Is moon-sized) | Building Class | City Block Class (The size of a space station) | Possibly Large Planet Class (Based on Megatron) | City Class (Based on Sachiel) | High Complex Multiversal (Questor's power rival Alternity's, derrived from Hytherion)
Durability: Town level (Was shot point-blank by Megatron's Fusion Cannon) | City level | Star level (Form's power held only temporarily due to exploding) | Town level (A physical match for Optimus Prime and Scorponok) | Possibly Moon level (Based on Warworld's size) to Large Planet level with Matrix (Optimus survived a Saturn-sized explosion with fragments of Matrix energy) | At least City Block level (Can survive swimming in lava, being caught in absolute zero degrees, operate at the bottom of the ocean, and the vacuum of space, tanked a shot from Menasor who punched a giant crater into the earth and KO'ed Bruticus, tanked atmospheric reentry in seconds), immortal spark/soul can possess others if destroyed | Multi-City Block level (The size of a space station) | Possibly Large Planet level (Based on Megatron) | Mountain level (Based on Sachiel) | High Complex Multiverse level (Questor's power rival Alternity's, derrived from Hytherion)
Stamina: Decepticon jet modes can burn through fuel faster than Autobot car modes. Has infinite stamina as a soul/spark. Underbase-powered Starscream had a limitless stamina but exploded soon after merging with the Underbase's full "power cosmic". Infinite stamina while merged with Sachiel, possessing the Matrix or as higher-dimensional being.
Range: Extended melee range. Tens of meters in hand to hand. He can shoot cluster bombs a distance of tens of kilometers (40 miles). He can climb to sub-orbital altitudes of tens of kilometers (52 miles) and nose-dive down to near ground level in mere minutes. This makes him particularly effective in surprise attacks and hit-and-run actions. He has interstellar/galactic capabilities and isn't constrained to a battlefield. His spark has traveled across time and space. His range changes based on various forms. High Complex Multiversal as a Questor.
Standard Equipment: Cluster bombs, missile launchers, rifles, slingshot w/ explosive crystals, wristwatch, grappling hooks, drills, pincers, pretender shell, immortal spark.
Intelligence: "He is an intelligent and capable warrior and leader", "He is a highly intelligent schemer and an excellent warrior." He's able to come up with plans on the fly, and while they rarely work against Megatron, he's not without successes. In the cartoon he was actually a scientist before the war and has been shown to explore galaxies in flashbacks. He's also shown to double as a Decepticon medic and perform surgeries. While it doesn't last, he has bested Megatron on several occasions; luck and fate just hate him. He organized plots to destroy the Earth and Megatron, rebuilt the Combaticons with the ability to merge into Bruticus, and he's even been the voice of reason against idiotic plans of Megatron's. He's out-smarted Unicron and used him to give his ghost a new body before successfully double-crossing the giant. As a ghost he became very adept at manipulating his possessed victims into enacting his plots. Starscream also has, regardless of continuity, nine million years of combat experience. Besides all that, Starscream's title as Aerospace Commander of the Decepticon Battle Fleet speaks for itself. According to his tech specs: "Very good at what he does, but sometimes overrates himself."
Weaknesses: Starscream can be cowardly when his plots fail in front of him, is traitorous which earned him the nickname of the "Silver Snake", overrates himself sometimes, and finds himself in situations that are more than he can handle. His nose-dives often overload his gyro-circuitry leaving him disoriented briefly. But, overall, he is a very tough nut to crack.
- Weaponry: He can shoot cluster bombs and fire lasers from his air intakes. His null-ray rifle can interrupt the flow of electricity in any circuitry it hits for periods of up to two minutes, effectively preventing the operation of many machines dependent on those circuits during that period. He can fire the ray from his nose cone in jet mode or from his finger in robot mode. Even without his null-ray ability, his arm-mounted rifles can fire lasers that can blow up jets and topple buildings and "concussion blasts". He owns a slingshot that flings explosive crystals. The air ducts that form his chest flip up to reveal a dozen bomb-missile launchers which can drop them in jet mode or fire them in robot mode. He also carries a hand-held rifle. Starscream can fire a tiny missile from an elevating launcher on his wrist.
- Gear: He has a wristwatch. He can deploy grappling hooks/claws while flying. His wrist can retract to reveal a large drill. Acting as surgeon he can retract his hand and replace it with a large pincer.
- Flight: Starscream can fly with either a manual drive or automatic flight cells. And of course, Starscream can fly in either robot or vehicle mode.
- Pretender: Has a symbiotic Pretender shell increasing his power and strength to leader-class levels.
- Immortality: His spark/soul/lifeforce is immortal. He can possess and modify organic and mechanical life and objects.
- Power Cosmic: The accumulated power of the Underbase, able to effortlessly send stars supernova, gives Starscream cosmic power.
- Time-Space Manipulation: As a Questor Starscream's powers rival members of the Alternity and derrives power from Hytherion. His auto-avatar's abilities and equipment include-
- Locus-Static Wing: Stabilizing wings to anchor the body on a designated space. He can support an enormous amount of weight in mid-air.
- Temporal Partition Ingestor: A device that imitates Hytherion's ability of devouring time and turning it into energy.
- Quadruple Evil Optics: Four evil eyes that force the one he looks at to be immobilized in stasis lock. These eyes can also manipulate event probability deviation and lead the enemy into misfortune.
- Alternium Sealed Spark Chamber: The life-core chamber covered with Hytherion's somatic cells. It is resistant against enemy Alternity's super dimensional powers.
- Netroactive Nullifer: As wel as the standard Null Ray, this weapon has an ultimate mode that is effective over time and space. It goes backwards through time and eliminates the target in the past. Depending on how it is used it can cause a huge time storm as a result of paradox chain reaction.
- Inertia Manipulation Device: Control mechanism to change the course of enemy attacks or their own inertia movement at will.
- Timaeus Powertrack Generator: Creates traveling tracks for super-dimensional navigation, "Timaeus Drive"
- Stardrive Compartment: The engine part used in conjunction with Timaeus Drive for super lightspeed travel within normal space. This is considered as a medium distance traveling device within Quasi-Alternity ability.
- Wing-Mounted Impulse Thruster: Thrust wings used during inter-planet travels in flight mode.
Key 1: Marvel (G1, G2, Classics, Regeneration One)/Dreamwave Base | Underbase-powered | Underbase-merged | Pretender | Warworld-merged | Cartoon Base | Trigger-merged | Guiltar | Sachiel-merged | Questor
Note: Italics indicates facts true specifically for the cartoon portrayal.