Spinal is an undead skeleton and a signature character of the Killer Instinct games. A former pirate, Ultratech has managed to raise him from the dead and use him as one of their more... Unique soldiers. Spinal remembers very little of his life, but if there is one thing he knows... It's to fight.
in the 2013 reboot, Spinal is revived by a relic known as the"Mask of the Ancients". Wishing for peace in the afterlife, he ends up teaming up with Ultratech in order to find the mask and free his soul.
Powers and Stats
Name: Spinal (Real name unknown)
Origin: Killer Instinct
Age: Over 2000 years old (In the remake he's over 660)
Classification: Skeleton Warrior, Pirate
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled swordsman, Teleportation, Soul Manipulation (Can fire ghostly skulls and summon skeleton arms from the ground), His shield can absorb attacks to create skulls
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Town Class
Range: Extended melee range with sword and shield, longer when firImag skulls.
Standard Equipment: Cutlass and Shield
Intelligence: Below Average (Insane)
Weaknesses: Due to his insanity, he is considered to be one of Ultratech's most ineffective soldier. This makes him reliable up to the point that his own allies usually have to put him down in order to keep him in check. He needs skulls to use his specials.
- Skulls: Spinal can have green spectral skulls made from the energy of his opponents and use them as projectiles or to power up his attacks. (He can only have five at a time)
- Dive Kick: Spinal does a drop kick midair
- Power Devour: Spinal blocks with his shield and absorbs the strength of the attack creating a skull
- Shield Crush: Spinal whacks the opponent with his shield
- Bone Runner: Spinal runs like a maniac towards his opponent
- Throw: Spinal summons a giant spectral arm that grabs his opponent and drains them creating a skull. The arm then throws them afterwards (he can also do uppercuts with the arms)
- Shadow Moves: Spinal can use a stronger variation of some of his attacks
- Searing Skull: Spinal fires a short-range green skull projectile (can add skulls to make the attack stronger) (Shadow variation fires a large yellow skull)
- Boneshaker: Spinal lunges and bashes the opponent with his shield (adding skulls makes him temporarily immune to projectiles and the shadow variation does more damage)
- Soul Sword: Spinal swings his sword upward in an arc (Adding skulls will allow spinal to send his opponents in the air to juggle them) (In the shadow variation Spinal wheels his sword to do several swings)
- Skeleport: Spinal sinks into the ground and rises up somewhere else in the area. (the shadow variation can actually damage the opponent by rising up beneath them)
- Instinct Mode: Spinal glows a ghastly green and skulls will begin to form by themselves for a short amount of time. When using Searing Skull in this mode, the skulls will bounce when deflected and will not disappear until they hit or Spinal shoots a fifth skull.