Spike is the main protagonist of the Ape Escape series, debuting in the popular Playstation game, Ape Escape. Spike's adventure revolves around him getting sucked into the Professor's time machine after Specter activated it. He travels across different eras in history to stop Specter's army of monkeys from changing the past. Since then, he appeared in several games in the series, usually as a playable character.
Spike is an energetic and competitive lad filled with plenty of spunk and a bit of attitude. He is good-natured and very determined to win against all odds but never wishes to cause harm upon anyone and only attacks if he must. Spike is one of the strongest heroes in series as he is able to resist Specter's mind control through willpower alone. However, in Ape Escape 3, he, along with the Professor and Jimmy, were brainwashed by the ape's tv program.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C
Name: Spike (Kakeru in Japan)
Origin: Ape Escape
Age: 10 (In Ape Escape 1), In his teens in later installments.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, proficiency with a variety of weapons and gadgets, resistance to Mind Control, skilled vehicle pilot, Energy Manipulation, Homing Attack, etc.
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (Has harmed and defeated people capable of harming him. Capable of fighting giant mechs, vehicles, and aliens around these sizes.)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Was able to react to a laser that shot into space, reflected off a satellite and came back down in a few seconds. His combat speed can match those with comparable reactions as his own)
Lifting Strength: Class 25+ (Able to push a block twice his size and weighs just about this much)
Striking Strength: Large Building Class+ (Can obliterate gigantic machinery and building sized steel structures.)
Durability: Large Building level+ (Capable of tanking an explosion inside building-sized alien ship)
Range: A few meters with his gadgets; Planetary with his Satellite Ray.
- Time Net: A device that sends its victims to the Professor's time station. Spike uses it to catch monkeys. However, it can be stolen and used on Spike, proving it works on humans too.
- Stun Club: A gadget that features a handle with glowing blue energy coming from the opposite end and Spike's primary weapon. It's mainly used to stun monkeys but is capable of destroying large structures, robots, and mechs. Spike also can extend it and emit energy from it while using his special attacks. There are dual and blade variants of this weapon and it can be infused with ice, fire, or electric attributes.
- Super Hoop: Spinning this device around his hips can give him a large speed boost and ram enemies in his path.
- Slingback Shooter: This slingshot can fire bullets, homing missiles, and explosive mini bombs. The bullets can also be infused with fire, ice, or electric properties.
- Sky Flyer: A small handheld propeller that can help Spike reach vertical heights that he is unable to reach on his own.
- Magic Punch: A powerful, spring-loaded boxing glove that can obliterate gigantic structures and gigantic machinery with one blow.
- Satellite Ray: A gun that Spike can shoot at his foes. Whatever it hits will be targeted by a large laser that shoots towards a satellite to reflect off of it and comes back down on its target.
Intelligence: Extremely clever. He was able to outwit Specter, who gained a vast amount of knowledge from his Peak Point Helmet.
Weaknesses: Nothing notable
- Hurricane Crush: Spike's Stun Club glows yellow and extends as he swings it in an uppercut fashion while spinning, creating a tornado above him that attacks anyone overhead.
- Thunder Crack: Spike's Stun Club extends and glows with yellow energy as he swings it, either sending an arc of energy as a projectile or a wave of energy that travels along the ground.
- Dimensional Break: Spike's Stun Club glows yellow and extends, then he swings the Stun Club down to the ground so hard dealing massive damage and breaking guards, creating a shockwave that damages nearby foes.
- Sonic Revolution: Spike's Stun Club grows longer and glow yellow as performs a 360-degree horizontal spinning slash at high-speeds.