|“||Whenever I face you, I cannot picture myself winning for some reason... Unless I defeat you and wipe off this thought I cannot move on.||„|
|~ Speed of Sound Sonic|
Speed of Sound Sonic (音速のソニック Onsoku no Sonikku) is a villain in the series, first appearing as a bodyguard hired by Mr. Monier. He supposedly grew up in a ninja village, honing his skills to near perfection. He views Saitama as his eternal rival, ever since the hero "defeated" him in a rather embarrassing manner.
He is a slim young man with a feminine face, long black hair tied up in a topknot, and large grey eyes. A noticeable feature of his are the purple marks underneath his eyes. He usually appears wearing a tight black bodysuit highlighted by metal plating on his shins, arms, shoulders, chest, and waist, as well as a long purple scarf. After the fight with Genos, Sonic loses his topknot and is left with loose shortened hair.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B
Name: Speed of Sound Sonic
Origin: One Punch Man
Classification: Human, Ninja, Assassin, Bodyguard (Former)
Attack Potency: At least City level (Held his own against pre-rain Sea King yet still lost [WoG stated he would've won with one of his ninja weapons though]. Is also around the same level as Genos after his upgrade from G4)
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Sonic has consistently proven he's one of the fastest characters in the series, often claims to be the fastest, but that's not true. Easily kept up with Genos. Capable of keeping up with a flying and heavily angered Tatsumaki while proving capable of dodging the shuriken she was telekinetically controlling)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least City Class
Stamina: Superhuman (Can contend with fighters like Genos and Sea King and not get tired)
Range: Standard melee range; higher with kunai and shuriken
Standard Equipment: Ninjato, kunai, smokescreen and explosive shurikens.
Intelligence: An experienced ninja/master of ninjutsu and skilled fighter.
Weaknesses: He can be somewhat arrogant, reliant on weapons to beat some opponents.
- Full Frontal Attack: Sonic takes a low stance and rushes forward at speeds that make him impossible to be seen. The effect of this attack is not known because it was interrupted by Hammerhead.
- Wind Blade Kick (風刃脚, Fujin Kyaku): Sonic throws himself at his foe and does a front flip, during which he throws his foot out to kick his opponent using the momentum of the flip.
- Hail of Carnage: Sonic leaps around throwing his exploding shuriken at cars, buildings and people to cause massive amounts of panic and mayhem.
- Four Shadows Burial: Sonic creates four identical afterimages through a special movement technique
- Scattered Flash Slash: Used in a combo with the Four Shadows Burial, the four afterimages surround the target at the same time with the ninjatō.
- Ten Shadows Burial: Same with four shadows burial, but with ten identical afterimages in total.