SpaceGodzilla (スペースゴジラ Supēsugojira) is a heavily-modified Godzilla clone kaiju created by Toho that first appeared in the 1994 Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.
In Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla the human characters hypothesize that Godzilla cells somehow cast into space fell into a black hole and mutated into a partially crystalline life form, which then came out from a white hole. It is not known for certain what caused the Godzilla cells to fall into the black hole, but it is explained in the film that either cells from Godzilla's previous clone, Biollante, escaped Earth's orbit when she rose into space after battling Godzilla in 1989, or that Mothra unknowingly carried the cells into space on her wings when she was going to space to deflect a meteor headed for Earth in 1993.
SpaceGodzilla was first seen flying through space, where he destroyed a manned NASA satellite. He battled M.O.G.U.E.R.A. while he was on his way to Earth, and defeated the mecha. He then landed on Birth Island and attacked Little Godzilla, but Godzilla arrived to save him. SpaceGodzilla quickly overpowered Godzilla using his telekinetic skills, and then trapped Little Godzilla in crystals. He flew away and flew over Japan, eventually landing and setting up his fortress in Fukuoka. M.O.G.U.E.R.A. arrived in Fukuoka to battle SpaceGodzilla again, but was no match for the monster. Godzilla soon arrived as well and joined forces with M.O.G.U.E.R.A. M.O.G.U.E.R.A split into Land Moguera and Star Falcon. Land Moguera drilled underground and knocked out the foundations of SpaceGodzilla's power source, the Fukuoka Tower, while Godzilla toppled the tower from ground level. Godzilla then had the upper hand, and M.O.G.U.E.R.A. used its spiral grenades to destroy SpaceGodzilla's shoulder crystals. In retaliation, SpaceGodzilla blasted off one of M.O.G.U.E.R.A.'s arms, and proceeded to impale the mecha on his tail and throw it into a nearby building. Akira Yuki tried to pilot the damaged mech back into battle, colliding with SpaceGodzilla. However, the damage to the machine made it almost impossible to control, and the machine crashed into several buildings. The weakened SpaceGodzilla was about to explode, but Godzilla blasted him with his red spiral ray multiple times. SpaceGodzilla let out a weak roar and finally exploded into spores of light that floated back up into space.
Powers and Stats
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Aura, Energy Manipulation (Cosmic Energy, Electromagnetic Energy, Solar Energy), Crystal Manipulation, Regeneration (At least Low), Telekinesis, Forcefield, Can survive in the vacuum of space
Attack Potency: Planet level (Superior to Battra, as he defeated Godzilla fairly easily in their first encounter and would later only be defeated by the combined efforts of Godzilla and M.O.G.U.E.R.A., Stated by the Cosmos twins to have destroyed planets in his journey to Earth in the manga adaptation of the film)
Speed: Superhuman Movement Speed, Supersonic+ Flight Speed in the atmosphere (Can fly at Mach 3), FTL Flight Speed in space (4.47 x faster than light), Speed of Light to FTL Attack Speed, Reactions, and Combat Speed (Capable of attacking utilizing electromagnetic radiation, His crystals and Corona Beam can move faster than his own flight speed in space, Can telekinetically control his attacks, and can keep up with Godzilla)
Lifting Strength: Class M+ (Weighs 80,000 metric tons in his standard form and 72,000 metric tons in his flying form. Lifted and threw M.O.G.U.E.R.A a good distance by its sheer tail strength, who is 160,000 metric tons)
Striking Strength: Planet class
Durability: Planet level (Godzilla was only able to kill a weakened SpaceGodzilla with Red Spiral Ray), possibly higher with the Forcefield and Crystal Fortress.
Range: Many meters
Intelligence: High (Even smarter than Human-beings; a cunning and experienced strategist.)
Weaknesses: SpaceGodzilla's shoulder crystals are significantly less durable than the rest of his body, can't quickly regenerate if destroyed, and his powers will weaken drastically without them as he requires them to properly channel cosmic energy.
- Corona Beam: SpaceGodzilla can fire an orange beam with electric-like, likely solar properties from its mouth (Named after one of the atmospheric layers in a star). He can control the path the beam takes midair.
- Gravity Tornado: SpaceGodzilla can lift objects, his opponents, and himself by generating energy from his crystal shoulders.
- Crystals: SpaceGodzilla can create giant crystals. He can shoot electricity from them, telekinetically throw them at his opponents, use them to increase his own power, rain them from the sky or imprison his opponents.
- Electromagnetic Rings: Space Godzilla can fire ring shaped attacks composed of damaging electromagnetic waves hundreds of meters across, highly effective against mechanized opponents.
- Force Field: SpaceGodzilla can create a force field that is durable enough to withstand and even reflect Godzilla's Atomic Ray.
- Crystal Fortress: SpaceGodzilla creates a large field of crystals surrounding a central tower. Using the tower as a power source, SpaceGodzilla can more readily channel the cosmic energy he needs to power his abilities.