|“||We are one. We cannot be shattered.||„|
Skarner is an immense crystalline scorpion from a hidden valley in Shurima. Part of the ancient Brackern race, Skarner and his kin are known for their great wisdom and deep connection to the land, as their souls are fused with powerful life crystals which hold the living thoughts and memories of their ancestors. In an age long past, the Brackern entered hibernation to avoid untold magical destruction, but recent, threatening events have roused Skarner. As the only Brackern awake, he strives to protect his kind from those who seek to harm them.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | High 6-C
Name: Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Thousands of years old
Classification: Brackern, Guardian, Member of the Battlecast Army
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Regeneration (Mid-Low), Able to manipulate gems and crystals, Magic, Forcefield Generation, Crystal poison, Limited Power Nullification (Via Impale)
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+ | Large Island Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | Large Island level
Stamina: Superhuman (Brackern are able to survive for weeks without sustenance)
Range: Extended melee range by virtue of size, Hundreds of meters with magic and crystals
Standard Equipment: Arachia Namestone
Intelligence: High (His Namestone granted him thousands of years worth of memories, knowledge, and wisdom)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Skarner slashes the opponent with his claws.
- Crystal Spires: Skarner's presence causes a number of Crystal Spires to appear at set points on the battlefield, which can be captured by champions who stand near them for 2 seconds. Once captured, Crystal Spires are owned until contested and the defending team can stand on the spire to prevent the opposing team from capturing it. Crystal Spires grant 30 Gold split among its captors upon being captured, or 15 Gold if only a single champion participated in its capture, and provide sight around them for 1.5 seconds upon being captured, becoming impossible to recapture for 15 seconds.
- Crystal Charge: While within range of a Crystal Spire controlled by his team, or while an enemy is stunned with Fracture or suppressed with Impale, Skarner gains bonus movement speed, bonus attack speed and restores 2% maximum mana every second.
- Crystal Slash: Skarner deals physical damage to all enemies within range, also causing subsequent uses of Crystal Slash within 4 seconds to deal bonus magic damage if he hits an enemy. Basic attacks reduce Crystal Slash's cooldown by 0.25 seconds, quadrupled to 1 against enemy champions.
- Crystalline Exoskeleton: Skarner shields himself for up to 6 seconds, gaining bonus movement speed that increases by an additional 16% over 3 seconds while the shield holds.
- Fracture: Skarner launches a blast of energy forward in a line that deals magic damage and slows the first six enemies it hits for 2.5 seconds, as well as and marking them with Crystal Venom for 5 seconds. Fracture's missile slows down every time it hits an enemy champion. Skarner's next basic attack against a target marked with Crystal Venom consumes the mark to deal them bonus physical damage and stun them for 1 second. Fracture's cooldown is reduced by 1 second whenever he stuns a target with Fracture and 1.75 seconds whenever he suppresses an enemy with Impale.
- Impale: Skarner rears his stinger, rooting his target for 0.25 seconds as he brings it down, dealing physical damage, magic damage and suppressing them for 1.75 seconds. At the end of the duration, the target takes the same damage again. For the duration, Skarner can move freely and drag his victim around with him but cannot attack them. Impale consumes all Crystallizing Sting stacks to deal bonus magic damage per stack.
- Crystallizing Sting: Crystal Slash and Fracture build stacks of Crystallizing Sting on the target enemy, stacking up to 3 times. If Skarner uses a basic attack against an enemy at 3 stacks, the stacks are consumed and his attack is modified to deal magic damage and stun the target. This effect and Crystallizing Sting's stack application cannot occur on the same target more than once every few seconds.
- Crystal Summoning: Skarner is capable of summoning sharp crystals from the ground around him.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Shield: Grants bonus health and regeneration, and blocks 8 damage from basic attacks and single target abilities from champions.
- Warrior Stalker's Blade: Grants bonus attack damage, cooldown reduction, lifesteal, and mana regeneration. Basic attacks versus monsters deal 20 bonus damage and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals 30 magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring as much as health.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemies, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Mercury's Treads: Grants bonus movement speed and magic resistance, and reduces the duration of all crowd control effects by 30%, except for Suppression, Stasis and Airborne effects such as Knockbacks, Knockups and Pulls.
- The Black Cleaver: Grants bonus health, attack damage, and cooldown reduction. Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion Cleaves them, reducing their armor by 5% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 6 times for a maximum of 30%. Dealing physical damage also grants bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Dead Man's Plate: Grants bonus health and armor. Generates Momentum stacks while moving, granting bonus movement speed. Momentum slowly decays while slowed and decays rapidly while immobilized or pacified. Basic attacks discharge all Momentum, dealing increased damage relative to the amount of Momentum discharged. If maximum stacks are discharged, damage is doubled and slows its target by 50%, decaying over 1 second.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
Key: Base | Battlecast Skarner