Shinomura (シノムラ) is a radioactive parasitic colony kaiju created by Legendary Pictures that first appeared in the 2014 Godzilla graphic novel, Godzilla: Awakening. Shinomura is derived from the Japanese "shi no mure" (死の群れ), literally meaning "swarm of death".
Shinomura first appeared at least 250 million years ago, right before the Permian-Triassic extinction event happened. Shinomura fell into underground and it lay dormant for millions of years until the bombing of Hiroshima awoke it.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-C | At least 7-B
Age: 250 Millon years
Classification: Super Colonial Parasite Kaiju
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Superhuman size, Enhanced Senses, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Radiation Manipulation, Absorption, Flight, Divide its body, Change its Body form, Regeneration (Low-High)
Speed: Below Average | Supersonic+ via flying (Can fly long distances in a short span of time).
Striking Strength: Below Average Class | At least City Class, possibly higher (Likely Physically equal to Female M.U.T.O.'s)
Stamina: Unkown | High
Range: Hundreds of meters with tentacles.
Intelligence: Territorial Animal
- Regeneration: One single cell of it can regenerate similar to a starfish.
- Change Body form: Due to its composite structure, Shinomura is able to shape its combined form however way it chooses, such as forming tentacles.
- Radiation Absorption: Can feed on radiation sources to become stronger and multiply itself.
- Divide Itself: Shinomura is really a conglomerate of millions of smaller creatures merged together to create one single entity or more.
- Flight: Can fly at amazing speeds.
Keys: Single Cell | Colony
Note: The Godzilla: Awakening comic seemingly has Shinomura tank the Permian extinction impact asteroid. However, the images shown contradict themselves and thus the energy yield of the impact is unable to be quantified for Shinomura's durability.