|“||Whatever you do, don't tell him you missed the punch line.||„|
Most would say that death isn't funny. It isn't, unless you're Shaco - then it's hysterical. He is Valoran's first fully functioning homicidal comic; he jests until someone dies, and then he laughs. The figure that has come to be known as the Demon Jester is an enigma. No one fully agrees from whence he came, and Shaco never offers any details on his own. A popular belief is that Shaco is not of Runeterra - that he is a thing from a dark and twisted world. Still others believe that he is the demonic manifestation of humanity's dark urges and therefore cannot be reasoned with. The most plausible belief is that Shaco is an assassin for hire, left to his own lunatic devices until his services are needed. Shaco certainly has proven himself to be a cunning individual, evading authorities at every turn who might seek him for questioning for some horrendous, law-breaking atrocity. While such scuttlebutt might reassure the native inhabitants of Valoran, it seems unimaginable that such a malevolent figure is allowed to remain at large.
Whatever the truth of his history might be, Shaco is a terrifying, elusive figure most often seen where madness can openly reign, such as Zaun and Noxus.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Shaco, the Demon Jester
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Homicidal Jester, Demon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled assassin, Expert knife wielder, Poison Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility, Can induce fear (via Jack in the Box), Can poison the opponent's soul, Duplication, Regeneration (Mid-Low)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Extended melee to several meters with shivs
Standard Equipment: Killing Joke (Shivs), Jack in the boxes
Intelligence: Relatively high (A skilled assassin who is highly proficient in manipulating and exploiting the emotions of his targets in order to establish more genuine fear and insanity before killing them)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Shaco slashes the opponent with his shivs. Augmented by Backstab and Deceive.
- Backstab: Shaco's basic attacks and Deceive critically strike when striking enemies from behind, dealing unmodified damage to monsters. Backstab cannot happen on the same target more than once every few seconds.
- Deceive: After a delay, Shaco blinks to the target location and becomes temporarily invisible, causing his next basic attack within 2.5 seconds to deal bonus physical damage and reduce Deceive's cooldown by 2.5 seconds. Shaco remains invisible even while casting Hallucinate. Casting Jack in the Box causes him to shimmer, but does not remove stealth.
- Jack In The Box: Shaco summons a Jack In The Box at the target location that lasts for up to 60 seconds.
- Stealth Trap: The Jack In The Box stealths, arms and becomes untargetable after 2 seconds, creating a puff of smoke and a distinct sound that can be detected through fog of war, and is vulnerable to trap-disabling effects at all times.
- Pop Goes The Weasel: Upon detecting a nearby visible enemy, the Jack In The Box springs into action, becoming visible and targetable, causing all enemies in range to Fear icon flee, and attacking a nearby enemy, prioritizing the last enemy champion Shaco was in combat with, before disappearing after 5 seconds.
- Two-Shiv Poison: Shaco throws a dagger at the target enemy, dealing magic damage and slowing them for 3 seconds. While Two-Shiv Poison is not on cooldown, Shaco's basic attacks poison his targets, slowing them for 2 seconds and causing minions and monsters to occasionally miss their attacks. Two Shiv Poison is lore-wise stated to be able to damage the target's soul directly, and if they survive they will lose their will to live entirely and likely kill themselves.
- Hallucinate: Shaco vanishes for 0.5 seconds, then creates a near-identical Hallucination of himself at his side, who remains on the field for 18 seconds as a controllable minion. While the Hallucination is active, Hallucinate can be used to move it to the target location.
- Seeing Double: The Hallucination benefits from Shaco's items and buffs, and applies on-hit effects with its basic attacks, but not on-attack effects. It also takes 50% increased damage from all sources, doubled to 100% increased damage from enemy turrets, and does not benefit from Shaco's bonuses from runes and masteries, nor does it propagate its own auras.
- Surprise!: Upon disappearing, the Hallucination explodes, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies and dropping three mini-Jack in the Boxes around it that last for up to 60 seconds.