|“||I swallowed the words I wanted to say and hid my fear. It was the hardest thing I ever did.||„|
|~ Serah Farron|
Serah Farron is Lightning's younger sister and the protagonist of Final Fantasy XII-2. She's the only one amongst her friends to believe that she is still alive after her disappearance, and thus heads out on an adventure to find her in the process. Along the way, she meets the amnesiac time traveler Noel Kreiss, who decides to help her find Lightning and save the future.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-A, possibly 3-C
Name: Serah Farron
Origin: Final Fantasy XIII
Age: 21 during XIII-2, 521 during the events of Lightning Returns
Classification: Former Pulse l'Cie
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic Elemental Manipulation, Healing, Forcefield Creation, Summoning, Poison Manipulation, Immortality (Type 1), Can time travel, Expert Swordswoman and Archer
Attack Potency: At least Large Planet level, possibly Galaxy level (Fought and defeated Gilgamesh and Omega in the Colosseum, fought equally with Lightning alongside Noel during the events of Lightning Returns)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Fought Gilgamesh and Omega)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Durability: At least Large Planet level, possibly Galaxy level (Tanked hits from Gilgamesh and Omega)
Range: Extended melee range with swords, Several dozen meters with arrows, much higher with magic
Intelligence: Serah is known to be mature, wise, and thoughtful for her age, being a straight A student and is always looking out for the well-being of her sister Lightning. Despite not having much experience in combat, she quickly becomes an expert of the course of her adventures with Noel, being more than capable of keeping up with him and the likes of Caius Ballad, a warrior who has been fighting for over two thousand years. She is far more magically inclined than Noel, having a much high magic stat (reflecting her general intelligence) and learning a much greater variety of spells (i.e. Firaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga). She is also accomplished in both melee and ranged combat with her bowsword, taking apart her foe's defenses as a Saboteur before laying down the hurt as a Commando or Ravager.
Weaknesses: Appears to be somewhat accident-prone, has a limited amount of MP to use spells, must switch between roles to use different sets of abilities (but this takes less than a second)
- Blindside: Doubles the amount of damage Serah deals when the enemy is not focused on her.
- Blitz: Noel whips his weapon around to strike foes across a wide area and catch those attempting to run away.
- Launch: Tosses a staggered foe into the air with a powerful thrust, allowing Noel to "juggle" them or attack them while they're helpless.
- Ruin/Ruina/Ruinga: Serah unleashes powerful bursts of null energy to deal damage to nearby enemies.
- Scourge/Smite: Serah's damage is quintupled while attacking foes who are on the verge of recovering from her initial attacks.
- Ultima Arrow: Serah's signature attack, she charges a powerful arrow that flies into the sky before coming down as a veritable rain shower of projectiles, staggering the opponent and dealing heavy damage.
- Aero: Engulfs the target in wind to damage and stun them.
- Blizzaga: Serah attacks her opponent with a huge chunk of ice, dealing heavy ice-elemental damage.
- Elemental Strikes: Serah imbues her weapon with fire, ice, lightning, or wind, allowing him to exploit his foes' elemental weaknesses while remaining on the physical offensive.
- Fearsiphon: Serah is able to regain her stamina by draining the enemy's mounting feelings of fear as she attacks them, allowing her to unleash even more attacks on her foes when she has the advantage.
- Firaga: Serah attacks her opponent with a huge fireball, dealing heavy fire-elemental damage.
- Thundaga: Serah attacks her opponent with a barrage of thunderbolts, dealing heavy lightning-elemental damage.
- Vigor: Serah's blows stagger the target even more than usual for as long as she remains in peak form, but loses this vigor should she start taking significant injuries.
- Deathward: When critically injured, Serah's defenses increase by 25%.
- Element Guard: Reduces incoming damage by 20% and eliminates 33% of incoming elemental damage.
- Reprieve: As long as she is not on her last legs, Serah can survive virtually any attack short of an instant-kill move with just of energy left to fight.
- Steelguard: Serah's defenses increase each time she's struck.
- Vendetta: After taking damage from the enemy, Serah counterattacks, dealing damage proportional to the amount of damage she took while defending.
- Deprotega: Reduces the defense of all targets by 30% and deals magic damage.
- Deshellga: Reduces the magical resistance of all targets by 30% and deals magic damage.
- Dispelga: Nullifies the enchantments, buffs, and barriers of all targets and deals magic damage.
- Imperilga: Reduces the elemental resistances of all targets and deals magic damage.
- Poisonga: Poisons all of Serah's targets and deals damage.
- Wound: Deals a vicious blow that prevents the target from regenerating.
- Protect: Raises the target's physical resistance by 25%.
- Shell: Raises the target's magical resistance by 25%.
- Veil: Increases the target's resistance to status effects such as Mind Manipulation, Poison, and being stunned by his foes' attacks.
- Vigilance: Lowers the likelihood of being blindsided and interrupted by an enemy attack in addition to restoring his ability to regenerate and heal from her wounds.
- Cure: Restores the target's health based on Serah's own magical prowess.
- Curasa: Restores health to the target based on how injured they are, with the amount of health restored increasing with the severity of their wounds.
- Raise: Revives a comatose ally, but they are left with the wounds they received prior to being knocked out, requiring immediate medical attention soon afterward.