Scyther is a Bug/Flying type Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. It can evolve into Scizor if traded while holding a Metal Coat.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B | 6-C | At least 6-C
Name: Scyther, Scizor
Gender: Can be either Male or Female
Classification: Mantis Pokémon | Pincer Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Afterimage Creation, Stealth Mastery, Statistics Amplification, Air Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Physical Attack Reflection, Limited Darkness Manipulation, Limited Metal Manipulation | All previous powers to a greater extent plus Limited Body Control and Mega Evolution | All previous powers to a greater extent
Attack Potency: Small City level (Via power-scaling to Magneton and Pidgeotto) | Island level (Comparable to Heracross, and is capable of Mega Evolution) | At least Island level (Comparable to Mega Pokémon)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Can reliably dodge things thrown by Fling. For reference, Pokemon can throw heavier things not meant to be thrown against the force of gravity at these speeds) | Relativistic (One of the faster Pokémon of this level) | At least Relativistic (Faster than before)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman | Class 100 | Class 100
Striking Strength: Small City Class | Island Class | At least Island Class
Durability: Small City level | Island level | At least Island level
Stamina: High | High | Lower (It can't sustain battles for long periods due to the risk of overflow from excess energy)
Range: Standard melee range, hundreds of meters with most attacks. | Standard melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks.
Standard Equipment: None | Scizorite (Allows Scizor to Mega Evolve)
Weaknesses: Rock, Fire, Flying, Electric and Ice-type attacks will deal massive damage to Scyther. | Needs its wings to adjust its body temperature or else it will melt from excess heat. Highly vulnerable to Fire-based attacks. | Cannot sustain a battle over long periods of time, otherwise its body will melt and it will be unable to lift its own pincers.
- Swarm: An ability for Scyther and Scizor that increases Bug-type moves when the Pokémon's health is low.
- Technician: An ability for Scyther, Scizor, and Mega Scizor that increases the power of the Pokémon's weaker moves.
- Steadfast: Scyther's Hidden Ability, which boosts Speed each time the Pokémon flinches.
- Parry: An ability for Scyther. The Pokémon can parry direct enemy attacks with claws or blades.
- Vanguard: An ability for Scyther which strengthens attacks carried out at the start of a turn.
- Light Metal: Scizor's Hidden Ability, which halves the Pokémon's weight.
- Pride: An ability for Scyther which raises Attack and Defense when suffering from a status ailment.
- Vacuum Wave: The user whirls its fists to send a wave of pure vacuum at the target. This move always goes first.
- Quick Attack: The user lunges at the target at a speed that makes it almost invisible. This move always goes first.
- Leer: The user gives opposing Pokémon an intimidating leer that lowers the Defense stat.
- Focus Energy: The user takes a deep breath and focuses so that critical hits land more easily.
- Pursuit: An attack move that inflicts double damage if used on a target that is switching out of battle.
- False Swipe: A restrained attack that prevents the target from fainting. The target is left with at least 1 HP.
- Agility: The user relaxes and lightens its body to move faster. This sharply raises the Speed stat.
- Wing Attack: The target is struck with large, imposing wings spread wide to inflict damage.
- Fury Cutter: The target is slashed with scythes or claws. This attack becomes more powerful if it hits in succession.
- Slash: The target is attacked with a slash of claws or blades. Critical hits land more easily.
- Razor Wind: In this two-turn attack, blades of wind hit opposing Pokémon on the second turn. Critical hits land more easily.
- Double Team: By moving rapidly, the user makes illusory copies of itself to raise its evasiveness.
- X-Scissor: The user slashes at the target by crossing its scythes or claws as if they were a pair of scissors.
- Night Slash: The user slashes the target the instant an opportunity arises. Critical hits land more easily.
- Double Hit: The user slams the target with a long tail, vines, or a tentacle. The target is hit twice in a row.
- Air Slash: The user attacks with a blade of air that slices even the sky. This may also make the target flinch.
- Swords Dance: A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. This sharply raises the user's Attack stat.
- Feint: An attack that hits a target using Protect or Detect. This also lifts the effects of those moves.
- Aerial Ace: The user confounds the target with speed, then slashes. This attack never misses.
Attacks (Scizor Only):
- Bullet Punch: The user strikes the target with tough punches as fast as bullets. This move always goes first.
- Metal Claw: The target is raked with steel claws. This may also raise the user's Attack stat.
- Iron Defense: The user hardens its body's surface like iron, sharply raising its Defense stat.
- Iron Head: The user slams the target with its steel-hard head. This may also make the target flinch.
- Baton Pass: The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting and passes along any stat changes.
- Bug Buzz: The user generates a damaging sound wave by vibration. This may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat.
- Counter: A retaliation move that counters any physical attack, inflicting double the damage taken.
- Defog: A strong wind blows away the target's barriers such as Reflect or Light Screen. This also lowers the target's evasiveness.
- Endure: The user endures any attack with at least 1 HP. Its chance of failing rises if it is used in succession.
- Quick Guard: The user protects itself and its allies from priority moves.
- Reversal: An all-out attack that becomes more powerful the less HP the user has.
- Silver Wind: The target is attacked with powdery scales blown by the wind. This may also raise all the user's stats.
- Steel Wing: The target is hit with wings of steel. This may also raise the user's Defense stat.
Key: Scyther | Scizor | Mega Scizor