|“||What are we waiting for? Let the show begin!||„|
Sardonyx is the fusion of Garnet and Pearl. Sardonyx appears to have a combination of Garnet and Pearl's personalities, acting decidedly theatrical while also being able to keep up intelligent conversation. Her demeanor is, for the most part, quite dramatic, conversing with her peers in a matter similar to how a master of ceremonies would to her audience, which fits her formal dress appearance. She seems to be snarky and witty, often laughs at her own jokes, and remarks in a very pompous and comedic manner. She thinks very highly of herself and can be rather cocky at times, although she seems to also be considerate of other people as well as her surroundings. Despite this, Sardonyx is completely capable of being serious in dire situations.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 6-C
Origin: Steven Universe
Gender: Genderless (Though appears as and commonly referred to as female)
Age: Over 6000 years old
Classification: Gem Fusion, Crystal Gem
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Breaks the Fourth Wall, Regeneration (Low-High), Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation, Body Control and Anatomical Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Can fuse with other gems to become more powerful, Can contain gems in bubbles of energy, Automatic-adjustment to different strengths of gravity, Does not need oxygen to survive, Skilled hammer wielder
Attack Potency: At least Large Island level (A combination of Garnet's and Pearl's power, Broke out of a death trap in an abandoned Gem ship that Garnet and Pearl individually could not, Could defuse a 5-way Ruby Fusion with a single hammer strike)
Speed: Relativistic+ in Combat Speed, Reactions, and Short Burst Speed
Lifting Strength: Class 50 (Can wield her giant hammer with ease)
Striking Strength: At least Large Island Class
Durability: At least Large Island level (Can withstand the force of her own strikes)
Stamina: Limitless so long as her gems aren't damaged or destroyed
Range: Extended melee range with warhammer
Standard Equipment: Warhammer, gauntlets, spear
Intelligence: Very high (Is a composite of Pearl and Garnet)
Weaknesses: Sufficient damage to her physical form can revert her back to her vulnerable gem form which can be broken and destroyed, Conflict between gems or not getting the "main spotlight" can destabilize the fusion.
- War Hammer Proficiency: Sardonyx can combine Garnet's gauntlets and put them on the end of Pearl's spear facing inwards to make a hammer. Her use of the war hammer is methodical in approach. She uses precise, keen strikes on specific areas to inflict the most damage while also reducing the amount of effort needed to take down a structure or opponent. She describes herself, and therefore her style of combat, as "specific, intelligent, accurate, faultless, elegant, controlled, surgical, graceful, and powerful!" (and yes, she is sometimes known to smash).
- Drill Transformation: By rapidly spinning the top part of her hammer, Sardonyx can transform her weapon into a drill that could easily break through the walls of the Ancient Gem Colony Ship that Garnet's gauntlets and Pearl's spear alone could not even dent.
- Anatomy Manipulation: Sardonyx has been shown to have "doll joints", body segments that have full rotation independent of the rest of her body. During her initial attack on the rebuilt Communication Hub she was seen to spin her upper body above the sash while talking to Steven, her sash arms are seen moving separately from the rest of her body throughout the scene, and during the final strike her whole body is spinning on one joint while her feet remain pointed up and immobile.
- Enhanced Calculations: Sardonyx can knock out the correct pillars to make sure the hub did not collapse until she wanted it to. She may have inherited this from Garnet, who mentions her ability to sense structural integrity in the episode "Cheeseburger Backpack" and her future vision, she could see if she knocked down the wrong pillar, it would all collapse. As with Garnet, it is currently unknown whether this is a Gem ability/power that is inherited from Ruby/Sapphire unique to both Garnet and Sardonyx or a simple observation.
- 4th Wall Awareness: Sardonyx has shown the unique ability to break the 4th wall several times in the episode "Know Your Fusion" such as referring to TV networks pulling shows for not selling well and how Sugilite's voice actor, Nicki Minaj, is being paid for her voice being featured in the segment, despite not actually being in the episode or recording new lines. She is the only character so far to have shown this ability.
- Temple Manipulation: Sardonyx has complete control over the metaphysical properties of her room through the Temple Gate. She can generate all of the objects within her room in the temple, like the stage and props, and even creates light and sounds, like the stagelights and laugh track.